PDA

View Full Version : exhaust size?

mugen_ctr
02-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Ok iev been tempted to buy a B pipe the last couple days, theres a xforce 1 for sale atm... its 63mm (2.5inches)

... my current axle back is a Vision N1, which i think from top of my head is 60mm (2.36 inches)

so will this combo work effective or must the b pipe be that of the same diameter from cat to muffler?

dynasty
03-04-2010, 11:08 PM
yehs it will will, im pretty sure the flanges will bolt up. FYI..60mm is assumed to be 2.5 inches anyways so you're fine to go

mugen_ctr
04-04-2010, 12:11 AM
cheers mate, jus what i needed to know, thx

GenesisEG
04-04-2010, 08:03 AM
I have heard that the internal surface of a pipe does affect exhaust flow. If the pipe is going from 63 to 60mm, there'll be a lip that the flow has to move around to escape the pipe.

Not sure how significant this is in reality, but from my rather humble understanding of exhausts, the ideal set up is a uniform one. One size from beginning to end, and the inside of the pipe should be free from bumps and burrs, so as to minimise airflow interruption.

Might make no difference at all to the average street driver, not sure. I'm not expert on the matter, just something that was mentioned to me once at an exhaust shop.

dynasty
05-04-2010, 01:17 PM
u really think 3mm is going to make a difference? ive seen exhaust shops which does custom pipe making 3mm thick welds, there is always going to be interference regardless, be it from cat to b pipe, or b pipe to axleback, 3mm difference isnt gona affect anything unless you're really anal and you're trying to build a drag car. if you're going from 2.5' t 2', that's a difference story, otherwise i wouldnt worry about it, it it really bothers u, take a vernier calliper and measure the internal walls to have peace of mind

[[d a n n y]]
05-04-2010, 07:17 PM
i dont think it wont make any difference..
if it did
it will be minimal that you wont even notice it on the street