PDA

View Full Version : Euro intake problem.

hchuu
02-04-2010, 10:59 PM
Hey guys, I recently installed an Injen CAI system into my euro and I noticed that the "vtec noise" isn't quite noticeable anymore. Yes, you could say I've lost my vtec :( ! I'm quite sure I've installed all my pipings and pod correctly, but compared to others who also have injen CAI installed in their car, their vtec noise were much more distinctive.

Would the transmission of the car correlate to this problem? Any other factors?

Thanks. :)

sodaz
03-04-2010, 01:34 PM
How long have you installed the intake?

You should double check whether you installed it correctly again just in case. From my personal experience, it takes the ECU sometime to get used to the change. I've had 3 kinds of intakes on my car and it's always changed in sound over the course of a few weeks. It would have nothing to do with the transmission from your description.

hchuu
03-04-2010, 01:50 PM
I've only had it for ...one day lol. I should really remove/disconnect my battery while installing the pipe huh. Well thanks anyway, I'll see how it goes later during the week.

Irving
03-04-2010, 01:58 PM
This VTEC is damn complicated stuff. It’s all good when it’s working 100%. A blower (turbo) on the other hand is easy piecy….Ramp up the Boost, Modify the Intake, Put a 3” Turbo back exhaust on it and you are racing! And if you blow it, you’ll know it!

VTEC, yuk! Is it working or what?

sodaz
03-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Ah I see...No worries

In that case, drive your car for a bit and let it relearn. It can take up to 2-3 weeks for the process to finish. You can't really rush it. Disconnecting the battery speeds it up a bit cause it deletes the fuel trim history but doesn't really reset the ECU. Either way, it will take some time for the car to adjust to the new mod. I recently installed a new exhaust system and had to go through that process too.

Good luck!

T.I.X
12-04-2010, 12:13 AM
I had injen cai and i only can feel the vtec kick in at around 5-5.5k rpm but not that obvious, all i can hear is the breathing air sounds loud and loud haha! has been putting on the intake for months prob 4? so is that normal or something is going wrong ?

aaronng
12-04-2010, 02:38 AM
The engine temperature has to be hot for vtec to work. Were you running a cold or hot engine?

T.I.X
12-04-2010, 02:51 AM
how say hot or cold engine? do u mean by looking at the water temperature gauge?

aaronng
12-04-2010, 08:02 AM
how say hot or cold engine? do u mean by looking at the water temperature gauge?

The water temperature gauge has to be showing around 1/4 or higher for vtec to work if I remember correctly. Just test when the needle is near the middle of the gauge.