PDA

View Full Version : want to know what rims suit the dc5

ekay1
04-04-2010, 02:16 PM
hey as the title states just looking at some rims for my dc5 i was after the te37's but being a student and all money is a big problem for me haha so until i can afford them my alternatives are 17" accord euro rims, jdm dc5r rims or painting my stock rims black! has anybody painted their stock rims black? what does it look like? my car is black so i dont know if it will suit the car? if someone could give me some pics it would be REALLY HELPFUL thanks!

6thgear
05-04-2010, 02:03 AM
if you're tight on money just spray can it black. will look good enough if you put some work into it and you'll be satisfied with your efforts until you can afford better rims

r3ckless
05-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Hey THomas, buy my ep3r wheels off me... im considering changing wheels again... one hting i have noticed is... the next wet of wheels for my DC5 will definately be 18" though.

sretocz
05-04-2010, 05:10 PM
I really think RPF1s look hella hot on dc5s you can find a set fairly cheap these days just requires some looking

r3ckless
05-04-2010, 05:31 PM
im vvery close to bying RPF1's .... but i feel that their only apealing to car enthisuiast's.. when other ppeople or girls look at it.. they feel as if its a waste.. like the wheels arne't that great looking for their price.

45SET
05-04-2010, 05:58 PM
If you are tight on money either spray your stock rims black (Get on Photoshop to see what it'll look like) or buy a set of reps. Rota's have got a bad rep for some reason, but plenty of people are rolling on them, so they aren't that bad. Just remember that with 17's you'll need to obviously buy new tyres, and it'll really bring out the stock 4WD ride height of the DC5R... so you'll have to probably also look into lowering (If you haven't already done so)

im vvery close to bying RPF1's .... but i feel that their only apealing to car enthisuiast's.. when other ppeople or girls look at it.. they feel as if its a waste.. like the wheels arne't that great looking for their price.

Yeah... so? If you build a car to get other people attention (Especially Chicks) then you are doing something SERIOUSLY wrong.

MWAKU
05-04-2010, 06:06 PM
i have a set of jdm dc5r rims in white. let me know if u want.

r3ckless
05-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Yeah... so? If you build a car to get other people attention (Especially Chicks) then you are doing something SERIOUSLY wrong.[/QUOTE]

Well, im building a car that will never see the track, so the point of the car is to look good, not to handle around and post quick times right? everyone can go in any direction they like.. and the way i wanna go, is for a car that looks good on the street... and i was saying that the RPF1 look, it isn't as menacing, or aggressive like other rims out there on the market...

AsHw3e
05-04-2010, 10:51 PM
+1 te37's :)

ekay1
06-04-2010, 10:56 PM
haha buy your ep3r rims??!?!?! their soo expensive lol i can buy te37s lol im thinking of just leaving it or painting it black until i can afford the rims thanks guys~

r3ckless
11-04-2010, 07:54 PM
te37 loook crap on dc5... really man! ce28 / RG's ..... im not sure whati want either Thomas! i sold my ep3r wheels