PDA

View Full Version : FN2R brake whistling

abzndintegra
04-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Hi Guys

I'm getting brake whistle when i brake from my Fn2R, you know the noise you usually get when you fit non genuine brakes or when they are almost finished.

Well i replaced my brakes at 40k and they started whistling at 50k, currently I'm at 60k, and i really want it to stop!

when i took it in at 60k, i told Honda service about it, but they did nothing

any suggestions?

I know that the front ones have a pin to indicate when they are done, so bent it out but its still happening.

is there any pin/indicator on the back?

curtis265
05-04-2010, 12:34 PM
u might have rocks/sand stuck under ur brake pads?

aaronng
05-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Did you re-use the anti-squeal shims that were on the original pads? If you didn't, then that would explain the whistling sound.

abzndintegra
05-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Im not sure larke Hoskins honda did it, im sure they would have replaced them, anyway how i can tell?

aaronng
05-04-2010, 10:07 PM
If the dealer replaced them, then they would probably have replaced them. You can see it through the middle cutout in your front brake caliper. It is a metal layer over the pad.

abzndintegra
05-04-2010, 10:22 PM
But thwat does that tell me? its good they replaced them? they havent installed them correctly?

aaronng
05-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Yes, they should be there. If you had an aftermarket place replace the pads, they sometimes just leave the shims out, especially if the new pads don't come with shims.

It only goes in one way, so they couldn't have stuffed it up. Check for small stones first.