PDA

View Full Version : Dry ICE.......where to get??

MKI4EVA
13-12-2004, 08:03 AM
Hi guys..........i need some dry ice to get ride of sound deadening on the floor of my project car...........anyone know where to get that crap from.......hope its not expensive.

trying to prep it to looking like this.

http://www.tillier.net/fab/rabbit/images/2003/P6060806.JPG

thanks.

bumography
13-12-2004, 08:13 AM
sorry i dont know what dry ice is.
but yea why dont you use the paint sound deadener. I saw it at Supercheap auto or something.
BTW what type of car is it? its LHD.. its gotta manual gear stick but has no clutch?

[Blitz]
13-12-2004, 08:24 AM
Ummm, not sure you read this right. He wants to get rid of the sound deadening, like remove..

Dry Ice or, CO2, should be able to get it from gas chem places, like BOC, maybe www.yellowpages.com will give you numbers to call

MKI4EVA
13-12-2004, 08:58 AM
yeh i'll let my fingers do the walking this wkend as well i guess...........

is an old vw.......that pic off a the similar car in US so its LHD.

thanks

wynode
13-12-2004, 09:16 AM
You could pop into the Physics building at the University of Sydney (or most uni's infact) and give say a few $$$ to get a bit of dry ice ;)

ekslut
13-12-2004, 09:31 AM
BOC gas retail outlets. There are a few around. I did the same thing to remove all my sound deadening. Think it was $5 + gst per kilo of dried ice. I used about 4kg to do all my 1988 honda civic, with some to spare. Ring up the places first though, coz I think only some places sell it by the kilo, other sell by the pallet I think.

Makes getting the sound deadening off very easy. Just put it on, wait 2 min then get a flat scewdriver and it all just pops off. Wear gloves though, I didn't first time and its a pain in the arse, coz that stuff is really cold. Also it all evaporates, so you dont need to be to carefully fully cleaning it all up.

Hope this helps, have fun

VTEC16
13-12-2004, 11:14 AM
...make sure you use it in a ventilated area tho - you dont want CO2 poisoning...

MKI4EVA
13-12-2004, 11:45 AM
BOC gas retail outlets. There are a few around. I did the same thing to remove all my sound deadening. Think it was $5 + gst per kilo of dried ice. I used about 4kg to do all my 1988 honda civic, with some to spare. Ring up the places first though, coz I think only some places sell it by the kilo, other sell by the pallet I think.

Makes getting the sound deadening off very easy. Just put it on, wait 2 min then get a flat scewdriver and it all just pops off. Wear gloves though, I didn't first time and its a pain in the arse, coz that stuff is really cold. Also it all evaporates, so you dont need to be to carefully fully cleaning it all up.

Hope this helps, have fun

sweet guys thanks for the help..........nice to hear someone's been through the process.

Boost
13-12-2004, 12:32 PM
CO2 inside coke bottle filled with water or any other liquid make for some nice *Bangs*

NOTE: PLEASE DONT TRY THIS OUT.. IT IS VERY DANGEROUS!!!!:thumbdwn: