PDA

View Full Version : Strut Bar and Sway Bar for 1992 Civic EG

Jono Civic
05-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Hi guys,
Can anyone recommend a good strut and sway bar for my 1992 EG Civic Hatch.
I have been looking at these -
http://www.modyourcar.com.au/whiteline-rear-sway-bar--honda-civic-eg-si-sedan--hatch-1191995-w-rear-bar-adjustable-rear20mm-to-22mm-p2295
http://www.modyourcar.com.au/whiteline-rear-strut-brace--honda-civic-eg-9194-p1632
http://www.raceinspired.com/p-14021-megan-racing-front-strut-tower-bar-honda-civic-1988-2000.aspx

Anyone got any more recommendations?
And a real noob question how hard is it to install the sway bar?
Cheers,
Jono

vtecing
05-04-2010, 06:57 PM
I too have been wondering about the front strut brace for my eg5. the air con lines would be in the way for the conventional strut brace that bolts to the actual strut top. There are also two gromets for where the eg6 brace could fit, just wondering if its a case of poping some bolts straight through those holes with tome good quallity bolts and nylon nuts or is there some modification involed.

yellows2k
05-04-2010, 08:18 PM
front strut tower, basically most of the name brands will do the job
rsb- im looking at the asr subframe brace and the dc2r rsb combo. people say to stay away from whiteline

vtecing
05-04-2010, 08:35 PM
even whiteline sway bar? what could the difference between whiteline 22mm rsb and dc2r rsb?

riruiz_88
05-04-2010, 08:53 PM
by what i have read by others owning whitleline and DC2R rear sway bar, basically the same just slight differences in the bends. the actual problem lies with Whitelines kit not offering enough support in spreading the load across the rear sub frame. most popular being used are ASR and Beaks.

im running Beaks sub frame reinforcement kit, but if i were to do it again i would go ASR. too much modification to install Beaks kit. but i found that adding a thicker rear sway bar it has been the best mod i have done since now.

I too have been wondering about the front strut brace for my eg5. the air con lines would be in the way for the conventional strut brace that bolts to the actual strut top. There are also two gromets for where the eg6 brace could fit, just wondering if its a case of poping some bolts straight through those holes with tome good quallity bolts and nylon nuts or is there some modification involed.
yeh all you gotta do is remove the black grommets and use high tensile bolts/nuts and your ready to go. your aircon lines wouldnt need to be moved if you were to use a EG6 chassis brace.

90LAN
05-04-2010, 09:06 PM
i would get a solid looking strut brace

and you cant go pass oem dc2r rear sway

imo a good set of coilovers will be better than both

mocchi
06-04-2010, 08:44 AM
good set of coilovers and rear sway bar will make a difference in handling compared to front strut bar which does nothing.
also, what's your rim width? getting wider rim/tire combo also helps with handling.

riruiz_88
06-04-2010, 08:55 AM
i too agree that strut bars you dont notice the gains much, compared to thicker rear sway bar.
also make sure you have the right LCA's and sway bar end links

vtecing
06-04-2010, 06:05 PM
do upgraded sway bar links really matter? is it fine to have a big sway bar with stock links?

riruiz_88
06-04-2010, 06:11 PM
yes you can still use EG/DC2 standard end links on the DC2R sway bar.

vtecing
07-04-2010, 02:31 PM
and what is the purpose of aftermarket control arms? purely just for bling?

riruiz_88
07-04-2010, 06:52 PM
pretty much, or if you couldnt find control arms to suit the sway bar.

vtecing
07-04-2010, 06:56 PM
lolzz

MM89
09-04-2010, 10:26 AM
and what is the purpose of aftermarket control arms? purely just for bling?

If your EG is breeze or GL, the control arms may not have the holes for the endlinks and thus aftermarket control arms can be an option as they have the provision for swaybar endlinks.
Also, aftermarket control arms will usually come with new polyurethane bushings and usually claim to save you some weight.

And yes, of course the bling.

90LAN
09-04-2010, 04:10 PM
why would you upgrade your sway bar when you still have shit suspension
it will just make your suspension more shit

do the important things 1st imo