PDA

View Full Version : Have new car - Have some questionms

mitchell84
05-04-2010, 09:19 PM
hi,

i just got myself a 2003 Accord Euro Luxo model

now, i have the sunroof and all the leather and whatnot

my question is, is there any mod i can make so when i lock the car the windows go up and the sunroof closes?

also, the car i purchased has one key only (owner had otehr key stolen 5 years ago and never replaced)

where is the best place to purchase a blank key from - honda what some serious money for one and i am sure i can get ot cheaper, having come from a euro car previosly, i had a flip key and would love another one - do they exist for the accord

also, for the Luxury model, what are the speaker sizes & specs? i am thinking in due course of a Audio system upgrade

iLlusion10
05-04-2010, 11:57 PM
If you want to close the windows, what you can do is lock the car with the key, wait 3 seconds, then lock it again and hold the key in the "lock" position and all the windows will go up. Not sure if it works on the sunroof though.

Remember you have to lock with the key, not the remote.

Simonnn
06-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Unfortunately you cannot close the sunroof using the method posted above (or any other method apart from pressing the button inside the car.. as far as i know).

As for the 'switchblade' key, do a quick search for 'switchblade TSX' and you'll find some people in the US who have done the conversion (The Euro is called the Acura TSX over there). Not sure if its the same process for the keys we have in Australia, haven't heard of anyone that has done it before but have seen the key casings available on ebay!

All I know about the speakers is that the rears are 6x9s, good luck!

adhunt99
06-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah windows can be done remotely with factory stuff but not sunroof.

I too need a spare but all I've come across is Honda's super expensive ones... :)

I find my 05 Lux audio pretty good, prolly the only thing I'd add would be a sub.

hisoka
06-04-2010, 07:28 PM
a aftermarket alarm which allows auxilirarys can do this.

a viper or a python or mongoose