PDA

View Full Version : Finally replaced the audio panel

cameltree
13-12-2004, 09:31 AM
Decided to DIY rather than paying someone to get the job done. At least I get to learn. This is the first time that I have installed a CD player myself and it took me a while to figure it out.

It takes about 1 hour to take off all the panels as well as OEM CD player. Cut the OEM CD player plug and figure out all the wiring. Found all of them except there is one cable(orange colour) that I have no idea what it is for and my mind keep telling me it's for dimmer. I just leave it there. If any one knows the answer, do let me know.

A reminder that you have to transfer all the air con switches from the current to the new panel. It's more work than you can think of.

After all the cutting, soldering and wrapping, nothing works. That really scare the shit out of me. Quick check on the multimeter and found out there is no power from the battery.:confused: Quick check on the fuse panel under the steering and the fuse #17 (7.5A) is ok. I thought I was in freaking trouble, the worst thing is that I can't even put the OEM back because there is no power from the battery. Later found out that there is another blown fuse(15A) in the fuse panel under the bonnet(near brake resovior) . The power for the CD player came from the same source as the interior map light. So I have replaced the #17 with 10A and the other with 20A. From there everything works fine.

Putting all the panel is another question. You have to keep in mind putting air con controller's cables back in place. Have a drive around the block and found out that the air con is not cold at all and have to take off some panel and adjust it.

At the end of the day, I am happy with the result and definitely learnt a lot from the DIY. At this stage I am still waiting to get the DIN pocket so I can cover the space.

Keep in mind that make sure you print out the instruction that has been post on here before so you don't have to run back and forward to find out what to do next. Yes I did a lot of running.:D

aka_NSX
13-12-2004, 11:44 AM
the dimmer on honda is always red w/ black stripe

so orange :confused: maybe not used for this application or maybe i'm wrong

TypeG
13-12-2004, 12:04 PM
lol
with instruction, i use 30 mins only

TypeG
13-12-2004, 12:47 PM
where u going to get the DIN pocket

cameltree
13-12-2004, 02:21 PM
i am still deciding whether to get the pocket or din size gauge bracket because i am thinking of putting in some gauge as well. Personally I like Omori gauge.