PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with my CL9 03!!

djpro1
06-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Could these symptoms be a battery issue?

After a few days of leaving the car untouched, it takes about 8+ cranks for the car to start...
On a warm start, it takes about 4-5 which is normal I believe..

The interior lights which I have replaced with white LED's flicker along with my H1 HID 6k kit.

Idle RPM has dropped to about 600 since my INJEN CAI installation.

Sometimes, the car starts up real strange at around 300rpm then goes up.. I feels like it wants to die and so I turn the engine off, wait a few seconds then turn it on again then bam its up at 600 normal RPM and a nice clear start.

I know that CL9s have an issue of voltage fluctuations and if certain appliances arnt drawing power from it, you get the unstable current...

From what I gathered from reading the others on these forums is that it could potentially be one of these issues

1. Battery change
2. Spark plugs
3. Throttle Body needs a clean

Thanks

BraXta
06-04-2010, 11:20 AM
sounds like the battery is cactus i had the same issues in another car and it was the battery....

biee2
06-04-2010, 11:44 PM
i have simular problems to you...its probably your battery. my battery dies if i dont drive it for a week and cranks lik forever b4 it actualli starts when i dont drive it for a few days. i've had to jump start my car lik 3 times this month coz i havent been driving the car alot =.="

djpro1
07-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Replaced battery with a supercharge gold battery and the flickering for my HID's has gone away :D The old battery was a small stock one..
The idle seems to be higher which is good news but the car still seems to start a little funny.. Will have to give it a cold start sometime tomorrow

My cars at 94k so I think its time to also get the spark plugs replaced. Not sure if they're platinum ones? Anyone know what euros take?
Also the throttle body needs a clean too so I've booked it in for a $260 session... Fair deal or not?

xxb4xx
08-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Replaced battery with a supercharge gold battery and the flickering for my HID's has gone away :D The old battery was a small stock one..
The idle seems to be higher which is good news but the car still seems to start a little funny.. Will have to give it a cold start sometime tomorrow

My cars at 94k so I think its time to also get the spark plugs replaced. Not sure if they're platinum ones? Anyone know what euros take?
Also the throttle body needs a clean too so I've booked it in for a $260 session... Fair deal or not?

Hey mate, I did my plugs at 85k, big difference on the car, it now idles better, starts better etc.. I could feel the plugs were out of date.. I used Iridium plugs in the euro from memory..

I also changed the fuel filter, to make sure all was up to scratch in the comustion chambers! , next step, I might do an injector clean / flow test too..

djpro1
08-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Yep I just got a tune done today. got plugs replaced (first time in 94K KM!!! apparently they were really dirty) .. oh and the throttle body was dirty as hell apparently.. which tells me why the sensor might've been off making the idle lower than usual.

$220 including a new air filter, and 4x platinum plugs + tb clean.

Everything is sweet as and the idle sounds much better and at the perfect 800-850 range :D :D

BraXta
08-04-2010, 09:13 PM
tbe standard battery is piss weak lol the second i put my stereo in it died in the ass straight away lol

T.I.X
11-04-2010, 11:52 PM
tbe standard battery is piss weak lol the second i put my stereo in it died in the ass straight away lol

agree with u mate ! the standard battery really does not response that well when u having cold start problem ! after putting on grounding kits + VS it does improve a lot !

raffyboy
12-04-2010, 10:23 AM
I have a problem with my 05 CL9 sometimes i need to try starting the car twice!

xxb4xx
12-04-2010, 10:11 PM
I have a problem with my 05 CL9 sometimes i need to try starting the car twice!

Hey mate, have a read of the above, could be fouled plugs, bad fuel delivery etc.. always check your basics..

Air+fuel+Ignition = Fire.

Belinda03
14-04-2010, 09:35 PM
The Euros use platinum plugs, usually get done on the 100 000kms service unless you choose to get them done sooner. I did mine at about 90 000kms and they were pretty much completely shot.

Jonno5454
16-04-2010, 04:46 PM
hey

same issue here

i replaced my battery with a more heavy duty one with higher cranking power,

solved all the issues witht he cold start and the funny start with low RPM which ig ot aswell

cheers

revivor
21-04-2010, 09:49 PM
I had a flat battery this morning. Couldn't start the car. Had symptoms yesterday showing slow starts. Bought a Supercharge Gold for $149 at Autobarn. Now 1st ignition starts..no more cranking..Last time after changing sparks, thought would solve but didn't.
A new battery gives new life :)

biee2
27-04-2010, 12:09 PM
I had a flat battery this morning. Couldn't start the car. Had symptoms yesterday showing slow starts. Bought a Supercharge Gold for $149 at Autobarn. Now 1st ignition starts..no more cranking..Last time after changing sparks, thought would solve but didn't.
A new battery gives new life :)

sounds lik i need to pay autobarn a visit.....sometimes im waiting in the car for what ever reason and i have music playing....the thought of killing the batteries and being stranded scares the hell out of me....so no music when my car is stationary =p