PDA

View Full Version : My new CRX!! :D :D

Stabo
13-12-2004, 12:21 PM
G’day Guys ;)

The car: 1990 Gen II Honda CRX (don’t worry, non-riced)

http://obe.ath.cx/stabo/Back2.jpg

I picked this baby up from Melbourne (while I was working over here)

Standard Features:

1.6L DOHC 16valve Fuel Injected Engine. (D16A…)
5 Speed Manual (it’s a really tight gear box, I’m not sure if its had a short shift kit installed or not)
Power everything (steer, mirrors, windows)
Air Con
Electric Sunroof
CRX Bucket Seats
4 Wheel Dics

Non-Standard Features:

Full Stainless Steel Exhaust System
After market Extractors
Cold-Air Induction Kit (including pod and piping)
Sports Spark Plugs
15-16”? Honda Mags
Alpine Show Car Sound system (must be worth a fortune!)
Including Custom mounted amps and CD stacker…and get this, it has a CENTRE mounted speaker, and splits in the front doors.
Sub Controller (in the coin department) haha

http://obe.ath.cx/stabo/Amps-Stacker.jpg

http://obe.ath.cx/stabo/Seats-Tray.jpg

This is arguably the cleanest 2nd hand CRX I have ever seen. With only 135,000kms it was the old Alpine Show car. I tried hard to find a clean CRX which wasn’t completely ruined with massive wings and ridiculous body kits.

I bought it off an older guy, and its been garaged its whole life. The only work that has been done is engine, sound system and rolling stock (exactly all the stuff I wanted)

These are very rare in Adelaide, no one sells them. If they do they have nearly 200,000kms and body kit parts falling off :D

http://obe.ath.cx/stabo/Back.jpg

The power to weight ratio (Especially with the mods) is up around the mark of my old Integra Vti-R so it’s no slouch. (actually quite scary)

The thing handles like nothing on earth, its very low to the ground and the ride is nice.

I picked it up for $9,000 with a RWC, New tires and rego until August next year! So I think I’ve been very lucky.

http://obe.ath.cx/stabo/Side2-Bonnetup.jpg

Let me know what you guys think! (Adelaide CRX boys, looks like you have a new member, ill be back in Adelaide on the 18th, the car will be there on the 22nd!)

Cheers
~Stab

DLO01
13-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Looking good man. Nice! Congrats on the new car.
Welcome to the world of Crx's.

Whats your plans for you and the car?

Stabo
13-12-2004, 12:53 PM
thanks mate :)

ummm.. lots of beach trips! I like the idea of a 2 seater.. it makes your passenger feel more important.

Just looking forward to enjoying the ride and the sound system etc. I might look to gradually upping the power on it. I wanna do some reasearch into what can be done. Its already got the obvious things (air, exhaust, extractors etc) so i might need to look into it :D

Thanks for the reply!
~Stab

DLO01
13-12-2004, 01:03 PM
thanks mate :)

ummm.. lots of beach trips! I like the idea of a 2 seater.. it makes your passenger feel more important.

Just looking forward to enjoying the ride and the sound system etc. I might look to gradually upping the power on it. I wanna do some reasearch into what can be done. Its already got the obvious things (air, exhaust, extractors etc) so i might need to look into it :D

Thanks for the reply!
~Stab
Have you had a look at Crx Australia yet?

www.crxaustralia.com

I think the site is down at the moment, but the forums are still working. See this thread if it doesn't work:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12483&highlight=crx+australia

Have fun man :thumbsup:

mr crex
13-12-2004, 01:15 PM
welcome aboard ... glad to see you got something in tip top condition... however the rear lights indicate it is a 87-89 model not a 90 model.

www.crxaustralia.com server is currently down. :(

we're having a cruise on the 19th ... shame your new crx wont be here until 22nd :(
make sure you bring it to the next cruise that's organised!!!

egSi
13-12-2004, 01:17 PM
nie find man, that seems awfully cheap to me, but what do i know lol :D

Stabo
13-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Yeh ill definately come out the next time...

it was advertised as a 1990... dont the older ones have different engines?

is mine still considered a Gen II ?

bumography
13-12-2004, 01:47 PM
WOW! dude!!! it used to look like mine but a lot cleaner!
This is great! you also live near me! and i also have a RED CRX!! wow totally speechless dude !!
I think you should paint your rims! black like mine! so we can be almost twins! That CRX will give you years of pleasure that only a CRX owner will experience. Its a car you buy to keep for life (steve .. .. :P )

You'll now find that everytime you park your crx and walk off, you'll always take a second look back at it in admiration. People in the streets will start chatting to you about your car, and how they've always wanted one or used to have one. Sometimes girls would even stop and tell you how cool the car is!

That is an 88-89 mode, i can also tell by the seats and the dash surround. But dont worry those models are lighter, and u can convert your model to a 91 ..sorta like me with the lights lol

I love your exhaust, i've been looking for that type all along! with chrome! :D but still havent found any yet.

bumography
13-12-2004, 02:01 PM
man this is the best thread yet.
Stabo! you gotta come back so we can take pics
your car is totally awesome!

Seriously feelin ur rims and xaust! but that wooden steering wheel has to go!

(it’s a really tight gear box, I’m not sure if its had a short shift kit installed or not)

You can easily tell if its a short shift, if it just clicks in after a few cm's! if u dont have a short shifter! install one NOW! because once you do, it'd feel like a toy! TOTaL Joy to drive! which is great! if it feels hard to shift.. then the bolt on bottom of the shifter may be too tight.
Seriously lovin it!

Stabo
13-12-2004, 02:02 PM
haha thanks bumography :D yeh i've just always wanted one.
I told my brother just yesterday that even if i was a billionaire id still want. (parked between my porche and ferrari's) haha but yeh id still have one ;)

Im looking forward to getting back to Adelaide and firing up MSN again, ill definately be in touch with you. A couple of red CRX's hooning around should draw some attention ;)

take it easy mate!
~Stabo

Brescia
13-12-2004, 02:24 PM
I told my brother just yesterday that even if i was a billionaire id still want. (parked between my porche and ferrari's) haha but yeh id still have one

you have Gen II syndrome,
congratulations on the car :thumbsup:

First impression i got is that its an 88-89 model,
i could tell by the tailights at first glance
but if it came with the electric sunroof standard, i think that could be 90-91..

So yours could be inbetween 89-90,
Dont take my word for it though, go check the date in your engine bay dude :thumbsup:

Brilliant condition by the way

Stabo
13-12-2004, 02:33 PM
thanks.. yeh the sunroof is definately factory, wether or not it was an optional extra or standard is a differet matter ;)

Anyways cheers! I'm still suprised at the condition it's in. The funny thing is I won't get to drive it again until the 22nd Dec....

I dont have a lock up garage where im staying in Melbourne, and insurance wont cover it for theft until i get an imobiliser. So its locked up at my brother's house atm. He is driving it over to Adelaide for me. I had already booked my plane ticket before i decided to look for a car so now i have to wait!!!!

haha oh well.. im counting the days ;)

Mr. Focus
13-12-2004, 02:51 PM
very neat bro! welcome to the world of CRX ownership. Hope you enjoy yours as much as the rest of us do. it looks like mine did before she got kitted and rims. mines an 89 with the sunroof too

Snoop_gee
13-12-2004, 02:59 PM
nice ride Stabo :D

VTEChnique
13-12-2004, 03:56 PM
remove the centre-caps on the rims !! then paint them black - will resemble spoon-style rims !!

Limbo
13-12-2004, 04:31 PM
looks good let us all know when how she runsss

SiR JDM
13-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Yea looks hot! Love gen2 crx's =]

toE
13-12-2004, 10:26 PM
Congratulations on the purchase.

Have fun with her. :)

Sp3rMz
13-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Nice Nice, gen 2 rocks I love em. Get a group of gen2 together on the street they look sick as. Congrats.:D

panda[cRx]
13-12-2004, 10:48 PM
yum another gen2 in the fam :D

civiceg9
14-12-2004, 12:03 AM
looks so damn clean, nice find.

Stabo
14-12-2004, 09:09 AM
Cheers for the comments guys :)

Im looking forward to going out for a cruise, a group of CRX's buzzing around should be fun.

As for how it runs, well the ride is beautiful, and it handles like nothing on earth! I took it on the highway up to hanging rock and it was pulling in 5th! so its definately got some power. I guess the exhaust/extractors/spark plugs helped with that :)

Anyways below is a side on pic of the car which i think PROVES that they dont always need body kits. All ive done (in photoshop haha) is colour coded the bumpers, lowered it and lightened the mags (so they look white) I think it looks quite slick. I might look into how much it would cost to spray the black bits ;)

http://www.hodge.net.au/stabo/colour-coded.jpg

Let me know what you guys think...
Cheers!
~Stab

Disco-d
14-12-2004, 09:49 AM
Looks good, nice find. But i agree with Bum get a new steering wheel.

yeah does looks good without a kit and all red, makes it look smooth.
should be good to see it drivin round lil adelaide :D

bumography
14-12-2004, 09:50 AM
you're forgetting about the red mirrors.
IMO.. i think the black stripes look very nice! :)

VTEC16
14-12-2004, 11:11 AM
Nice man - the first car i ever (realisticly) wanted was a 2nd gen CRX......a nice clean one like yours :thumbsup:

Stabo
14-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Cheers mate :)

jackosimm
14-12-2004, 07:23 PM
lookin good mate! nice sound setup by the looks of it:thumbsup:

[ slayer ]
14-12-2004, 08:11 PM
pffft, who would want a gen 2 :P

looks clean dude, another one to the family :) just a shame u stealing it to adelaide

Stabo
15-12-2004, 09:15 AM
haha sorry slayer ;)

Hardly anyone sells these in Adelaide, and certainly not in this condition. Oh well u guys got the F1 :D