PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Replacing park lights

adhunt99
06-04-2010, 11:25 PM
Hey guys, I want to replace my regular yellowish park lights with white ones as it looks a bit silly with the HID globes on my 05 Lux.

The guy at Autobarn told me that the Phillips 4000K BlueVision 12V/5W globes would fit - I assume they're OK?

The main problem is when I got to replace them there's not enough room to get my hand in to presumably twist and pull the old ones out from the back. There's some cover saying do not remove 25,000 volts, and some other rod and between those two things I can't really get to the park lights - any suggestions? Cheers :)

biee2
06-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Hey guys, I want to replace my regular yellowish park lights with white ones as it looks a bit silly with the HID globes on my 05 Lux.

The guy at Autobarn told me that the Phillips 4000K BlueVision 12V/5W globes would fit - I assume they're OK?

The main problem is when I got to replace them there's not enough room to get my hand in to presumably twist and pull the old ones out from the back. There's some cover saying do not remove 25,000 volts, and some other rod and between those two things I can't really get to the park lights - any suggestions? Cheers :)

when you say park lights....do you mean the parkers? if your refering to the front parkers you have to go through the wheel arc to get to them....there are some plastic plugs around the wheel arc holding the plastic cover. just unplug the plastic plugs and pull the plastic cover bak and reach in to get the parker bulb out.
once you locate the parker bulb all you do is twist it (cant remember which way) but you will beable to feel which way it goes.

hope this helps

adhunt99
06-04-2010, 11:36 PM
Yeah front parkers. Thanks - I'll give that a go, nothing's ever intuitive these days - wouldn't have been a problem on my old '83 Accord ;)

Do the bulbs sound right?

biee2
06-04-2010, 11:48 PM
if there a small wedge shape then im pretty sure you got the right bulbs....most parker are the same size so yeah. good luck with the install

xtat1k
07-04-2010, 12:57 AM
Just ask if theyre t10 bulbs.
I just did it today the hard way then got frustrated and ripping out the splash guards were so much easier!

N3M3SIS
07-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Dont use the phillips globes, they are just as yellow,
get some t10 wedge LED's, i've got those, looks awesome.
also, I find it way easier to replace parkers going through the engine bay, but i;ve done it so many times now, I think i;ve just adapted to it, LoL

Simonnn
09-04-2010, 12:31 AM
I couldnt reach the parkers through the engine bay, fingers wouldnt fit! (well i didnt try for too long i guess :P). Ended up opening the spash guards too, the rears were easier! Theres a tutorial on youtube here (near the end of the clip): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRPv4aVg9b8&feature=related

Phased
09-04-2010, 12:36 AM
Interesting. I found that getting it through the splash gaurd was easier.

You don't have to remove it just unhook it from under the lip of the side of the bumper and reach in... Simple. I found going through the engine bay was fiddly and time consuming.

aaronng
09-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Going through the splash guard is the proper way to change the parker bulbs as per the service manual. I don't think you can get to it through the engine bay because the corner location is too tight.

I am using Philips Crystalvision 4300K parker bulbs and they are a bit whiter than the Bluevision.

adhunt99
10-04-2010, 03:18 PM
OK thanks, but my noobishness knows no bounds...

By splash guard you mean the black plastic panel in front of the tyre in the wheel well?

When I look at that panel it's got these wierd little plastic screw things that I have no idea how to remove, they're like a washer with a screw in the middle but there's no spot for a screwdriver on the top, only a groove on each side of the head... how do you tackle these do you need a special tool?!

(I did try unscrewing the side of the bumper and pulling the lip of the plastic part out but it didn't really give much room.)

Thanks

aaronng
10-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Yes, that black plastic part in front of the wheel is the splash guard. With the weird plastic screw things, use a flat heat screw driver through the groove on each side and pop out the middle round part. Do one side partially and then do the other side so that you don't crack it.

shmivic
10-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Going through the splash guard is the proper way to change the parker bulbs as per the service manual. I don't think you can get to it through the engine bay because the corner location is too tight.

I am using Philips Crystalvision 4300K parker bulbs and they are a bit whiter than the Bluevision.

piccys?

aaronng
11-04-2010, 12:38 AM
Can't get good pics since a digital camera's white balance will automatically compensate for the colour difference. :)

shmivic
11-04-2010, 09:04 AM
good point! DSLR ftw!

ill be changing my parkers soon once i get back to Aus.

Simonnn
11-04-2010, 11:35 AM
OK thanks, but my noobishness knows no bounds...

By splash guard you mean the black plastic panel in front of the tyre in the wheel well?

When I look at that panel it's got these wierd little plastic screw things that I have no idea how to remove, they're like a washer with a screw in the middle but there's no spot for a screwdriver on the top, only a groove on each side of the head... how do you tackle these do you need a special tool?!

(I did try unscrewing the side of the bumper and pulling the lip of the plastic part out but it didn't really give much room.)

Thanks

Looks like you're having a bit of trouble with the guard, I've made a DIY for you here: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?131309-Replacing-CL9-Accord-Euro-Parkers&p=2716732#post2716732 hope this helps everyone else out there who hasn't changed their parkers yet! :D

DIM51M
11-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Just curious to know whether there was a specific brand or colour or T10 bulbs to purchase to keep that same bluish colour as the headlights?
Also, the foggies as well, any adviceon getting them the same colour?

Simonnn
11-04-2010, 08:04 PM
I have LED parkers which I bought off a the trader 'liquidsound' here, and MTEC 4750K fogs (according to the packaging anyway). The parkers look more blue than my factory HIDs and the fogs look greener in comparison. In other words, my parkers and fogs are different colours to the 4300k HIDs (which look yellow when compared to them), but I still think they look cool :cool:

I think you'd have a hard time getting them to match up correctly, as most of the temperature specs on the lights that are sold don't really match up properly

DIM51M
12-04-2010, 07:43 PM
got a pic of parkers and foggies?

DIM51M
12-04-2010, 07:44 PM
btw great DIY link.............

Simonnn
12-04-2010, 08:56 PM
I'll get some pics for you soon.. although i'm not sure how well the camera would pick up the colours :( I'm glad the DIY was helpful :D

adhunt99
13-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Thanks very much I'll try it this weekend!

neborama
13-04-2010, 10:50 PM
I did this on my euro, it's the facelift model. It was a bitch as my mate and I went through bonet behind the headlights!!

Personally I think orange ambers really catch the eye, just like the 5 series beemers.

I'll post some pics when I can.

adhunt99
19-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Update - I got the guys to do it at service cuz I was finding it hard to get to them. Thanks for the help anyway. They're certainly much less yellow than the factory ones but still slightly yellower than the HIDs... :)

djpro1
20-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Update - I got the guys to do it at service cuz I was finding it hard to get to them. Thanks for the help anyway. They're certainly much less yellow than the factory ones but still slightly yellower than the HIDs... :)

its an easy job if u have small hands. takes me less than 2 minutes to change each side.

just remember that cheap t10 leds wont last you long.

eurogo
21-07-2010, 07:29 AM
djpro- what parker LED's do u recommend? ive got the 05 lux also :-/ n have u swapped ur spotties too?

djpro1
21-07-2010, 01:25 PM
djpro- what parker LED's do u recommend? ive got the 05 lux also :-/ n have u swapped ur spotties too?

Hey mate, yeh I changed my spotlight is also in the car along with the side door lights and I use stock ones again since the voltage in euros is unstable (well for me anyway until I get a voltage stabiliser kit) and the T10s (just ebay ones) blow after about 2-3 months.

Basically, for the T10 LEDs, you need to take 1 or 2 of them honda plastic bolts off the black cover. Once you've got that off, carefully squash your hand thru and find the parker bulb. It should twist left then out. At first, it can be quite difficult to get out but at the same time, hold the black cover back so that you can move your hand more freely. (The black cover hurts a lot if you have big hands and wrists).

One big suggestion I have is for you to turn the wheel completely to one side, this way you'll have easy access to one side, then do the same for the other side with the wheel turned to the opposite side. ie. if you turn ur wheel left , you'll have access to the right side parker.

As for the spotlights, I'm assuming you're talking about the ones in the front seat just left of the drivers head. They use different bulbs. From memory 28mm ones. Only the doors use T10s. The one in the very middle of the car again uses something else. Just measure the bulb and you'll know :)

oneian
25-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Dont use the phillips globes, they are just as yellow,
get some t10 wedge LED's, i've got those, looks awesome.
also, I find it way easier to replace parkers going through the engine bay, but i;ve done it so many times now, I think i;ve just adapted to it, LoL

Thanks for the tip N3M3SIS i have just bought a pair...:)

tron07
30-07-2010, 01:07 PM
here are some before and after photo.... taken with same settings 1/10 sec F3.2

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/tron07/OZHonda/Euro070-800.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/tron07/OZHonda/Euro069-800.jpg

Pls rep if you think its helpful :P

oneian
04-08-2010, 11:10 AM
I couldnt reach the parkers through the engine bay, fingers wouldnt fit! (well i didnt try for too long i guess :P). Ended up opening the spash guards too, the rears were easier! Theres a tutorial on youtube here (near the end of the clip): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRPv4aVg9b8&feature=related

Thanks mate awesome

swiftvin
09-08-2012, 06:17 PM
does anyone have more recommendations as to which brand and or number of LEDs to go with? e.g. long lasting, no strobing etc...
theses are cheap on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/194-T10-LED-White-Parkers-Honda-Accord-Euro-CD5-CD6-VTi-/250688851939?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a5e384fe3&vxp=mtr#ht_1748wt_847

cheers

melbeuro
11-08-2012, 04:33 PM
I purchased t10 led white bulbs from ebay. $10 approx delivered if you want to wait a little. did the install through the engine bay, yeah it was a little harder but very do-able. Persistence!

afgmoh
12-08-2012, 02:22 AM
When i first changed mine to just super bright LEDs (the ones at autobarn for like $30 x2) I was dumb enough to assume there's only one way... through the engine bay. Oh my god, took over an hour and a lot of tight fits with my hands and eventually getting them to stay. Lesson learned.