PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Suspension help.

Jonno5454
09-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Hi All

i have a problem with my CL9.
i am getting vibrations through the cabin between 80km-110km, the vibration feels the same as a unbalanced wheel. but coming from the rear left as because the vibrations does not come through the steering wheel.
i didnt reverse into a curb but i did exit a driveway little too narrow and went down the curb at very low speed and there was a little thud.

now i have re-balanced all wheel at 2 differnt places, and had the alignment done at 2 different places.
i have rotated wheels and even put on th stock wheels to make sure wasnt the wheel.

the vibrations still there, i have had a look at the suspension and the compenents and nothing looks 'bent'.

any suggestions? any one can recommend an honest and good suspension place in sydney?

cheers,

Jon

The X Man
11-04-2010, 12:21 AM
Go to a place that does balances with the wheels still on the car. I recall the same problem with an earlier car i owned and i come across a wheel aligner guy with a balance machine he sat on which pressed up against the wheel. Problem was solved.

natnat
15-04-2010, 11:30 PM
are you running aftermarket rims? my cl9 was vibrating when doing 90km+ and later found the hub centric ring was cracked. replace with the oem rims and problem fixed. new set of hub centric rings on order.

raffyboy
16-04-2010, 09:36 AM
got the same problem with my after market rims

Im getting my breaks done as I think thats where the problem coming from
im also getting wheel balancing
if this still be there im getting camber arms to make it more cambered <---- lol is this a word or sentence? bahaha

Jonno5454
16-04-2010, 01:02 PM
are you running aftermarket rims? my cl9 was vibrating when doing 90km+ and later found the hub centric ring was cracked. replace with the oem rims and problem fixed. new set of hub centric rings on order.

Hey

yeh i got aftermarkets i will check it tomorrow

cheers for suggestion

Crapdaz
11-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Are your tyres pretty new?
Are you running hub rings on your wheels? If not that could be causing the problem.
Check your wheel studs are fine,
check your wheel nuts are the correct shape (tapered, rounded).

What other mods have you done to the car (suspension, RSB, etc)?

double check your swaybar end links haven't snapped.

HondaRacer
11-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Check if you have hub rings on your wheels, also check if with rear bearing all OK (no free play).

coosh
16-05-2010, 02:39 AM
Hi,
Check your CV shafts. Seem to be a common problem with newer Hondas. Try some full lock turns and see if there are any clunking noises.