PDA

View Full Version : Custom made springs for DC5 Type R

aimen
09-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Hi guys ive had my Black dc5r for around two months now and loving it. Its got 85,000 klms and 19's on it.

When i bought the car it came with King Springs.

All im going to say is they are horrible they are too bouncy and not even that low i have a 2.5 inch gap at the rear and at the front.

Basically what i want is something thats going to give me a good ride and drop my car to the top of the tyres.

I was speaking to a Springs maker called Browns Springs. When i spoke to the guy he said that he can make the springs for me and they will give me the ride and the drop i want.

Is this true???????
Is it possible to get a good ride and a drop to the top of the tyres by making a custom spring?

I dont want to have a gap between tyres and guards of the car.

Please help as i want to fix the problem as soon as possible.

Thanks

geeang
09-04-2010, 08:09 PM
There will always be a compromise between ride height and ride comfort.

The lower/shorter the springs, the firmer they need to be to compensate for the lower ride height (they need to be firmer otherwise you'll just bottom out all the time).

It IS possible to get a good shock + low spring combo for good height and ride comfort, but on stock shocks it would be a stretch.

45SET
11-04-2010, 12:55 AM
First question, how much is this place charging for them to make up a set of custom springs? Because if it's more then some of the other after market springs on the market, might just be cheaper to go that route.

Might also be an idea to look into a set of Tein Basic coilovers, as I've heard the ride on these is comparable to stock, and you'll also have the ability to adjust the height to what you want as they are a height adjustable only coilover... so they are cheaper then your run of the mill Tein or Buddy club. A couple of guys with DC5's are running Tein Basics, so they might be able to give you a run down on the ride and cost.

aimen
11-04-2010, 05:08 PM
First question, how much is this place charging for them to make up a set of custom springs? Because if it's more then some of the other after market springs on the market, might just be cheaper to go that route.

Might also be an idea to look into a set of Tein Basic coilovers, as I've heard the ride on these is comparable to stock, and you'll also have the ability to adjust the height to what you want as they are a height adjustable only coilover... so they are cheaper then your run of the mill Tein or Buddy club. A couple of guys with DC5's are running Tein Basics, so they might be able to give you a run down on the ride and cost.

Oh ok. The custom made springs will cost $260. But im scared that the ride will still be horrible like the kings spring.

How much are the tein coilovers worth?

45SET
11-04-2010, 05:21 PM
I've just had a quick look. There is a set of them on there

Ebay Tein Basics (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TEIN-Coilover-Suspension-kit-for-Integra-DC5-SPECIAL_W0QQitemZ280479993704QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU _Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item414de90f68)

There is also a set of Tein S-Tech springs on there for less. These springs are built to give simular ride as the stock springs, but lowering the car.

Ebay Tein S-Tech (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TEIN-S-Tech-Springs-SOFT-HONDA-DC5-TYPE-R_W0QQitemZ350337409609QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_P arts_Accessories?hash=item5191bca249)

You can also look into a set of Eibach Springs (Similar to the S-Tech's). I had these in my car before I put in the coilovers... ride was good.

Basically it depends on how much you want to spend. < $500 go with the custom springs or Tein S-Tech or Eibech's. If you want to spend a little more, have a look around for some Basic's.

Personally I would save and get the basic's. You don't know what the ride is going to be like on the custom springs, and the S-Tech's and Eibech's probably won't be low enough for you.