PDA

View Full Version : rear sway bAr, lca's and asr

Aydin
10-04-2010, 02:35 PM
hey guys i have got F7 LCA's, dc2r rear sway bar and a asr bar, im running tein ha coilovers on my eg...when i go over humps on a angle (not to break lip) the rear suspension gets lound and clonky, sounds like the sway bar moving around to me but im not sure....

any ideas what it may be from or if its normal....

jks24
10-04-2010, 04:01 PM
hey guys i have got F7 LCA's, dc2r rear sway bar and a asr bar, im running tein ha coilovers on my eg...when i go over humps on a angle (not to break lip) the rear suspension gets lound and clonky, sounds like the sway bar moving around to me but im not sure....

i run skunk2 lca's, ek9 rear sway bar and ASR subframe brace

I have never heard a noise like this when going over bumps

Have you checked if everything is secured tightly?

geeang
10-04-2010, 04:49 PM

Pretty sure it's your sway bar where your D-bushings/brackets are.

Take the D-bushings/brackets off, rub some heavy duty grease (castrol/magnatec or whatever, $2 a tub from supercheap) on the inside of the D-bushings/brackets (that bolt into the ASR).
The noise is the friction of the swaybar rubbing against the rubber D-bushings/brackets, I had this noise when going over bumps but it disappeared after I grease the D-bushings/brackets.

bennjamin
10-04-2010, 06:12 PM
what endlinks ?

I bet BLOX ? these are adjustable and known to be clunky and loud , and often loosen up. retigten or replace with another solid brand