PDA

View Full Version : clutch makeing a windy sound when going on incline surface

Aydin
10-04-2010, 02:43 PM
hey guys i just fitted a Sports organic Clutch recently (3 days ago) in my egb18c7 and after i drove it out of the mechanics everything seemd fine, parking, driving normally. to get out of my apartments garage theres a steep incline and comes to a point where it straightens out, anyways as i come to the point where it straightens out as every Manual driver does not to ride the clutch i pump the throttle vigorously and ease off the clutch, when i did that the car made a very weird and unhealth winding sound, asif the clutch was slipping but felt like it was gripping fine, after i got over that stage the clutch started to smell, which gave me the hint that maybe to clutch pad just fryed on the flywheel or somthing along those lines...but then i thought if that were so the clutch would have slipped...

im stuck between a rock and a hard place...

any ideas?

bennjamin
10-04-2010, 06:15 PM
since the clutch is new , you may of glazed the surface of the flywheel or clutch disc/plate with your aggressive throttle.
I doubt your mech. will rectify the issue if you go back and give him this situation. You should have atleast 500+ kms of easy no-load driving ( on the motor way for example ) to bed the clutch in.
Its also possible that your mech didnt machine teh flywheel leaving burrs and uneven surface , allowing your new clutch to not properly grip (slip) the surface