PDA

View Full Version : Next big p plater car...r u serious?

brendan1990
10-04-2010, 10:35 PM
"Yea, too many people getting s2k's now its becoming the new P plater car. I had my s2k for about 1 month on my P's hehe :P
But yeap, alot of people without taste are getting them, s2k attracts the wrong kind of attention in aust. "

Was just reading through the forums as i do, cause i have just put a deposit on an s2k today, then i read the above comment, i sure hope its not the next p plater car, i guess i should be honest and say im a plater myself but i wouldnt consider myself 'tasteless' as was mentioned by the same person who said the above, i spent 4 heavy months deciding on what my 2nd car will be and started at commodores like i believe every, and i mean every! hoon plater wants and quite quickly moved on cause i wanted a car that has a more.....unique look in my opinion and doesn't just go in a straight line, so basically im asking you guys, is the s2k becoming a more popular car for platers? cause i was hoping to get something different, and im not some rich biatch who's parents are giving 20g to, i have worked since i was legally able to and worked hard for that matter to try and have something like this so please dont judge me persoanlly if u can =)
cheers.

catacaustic
10-04-2010, 10:39 PM
It probably is becoming more and more popular as the price comes down with the age of the cars now. But still, it's not for everyone. There's still the majority of people out there that would go for a Commodore or something similar instead of a S2000 because that's what they like. Another thing to consider is that the S2000 will never be a "mainstream" P-plater car for the simple fact that there just wasn't that many of them made, EVER. The entire production run of S2000's around the world woud be less the Holden produces each year, so no matter what it will still be a bit more 'exclusive" if it's onyl for that reason.

androo
10-04-2010, 11:13 PM
catacaustic is right. When price goes down, P-Platers are more likely to buy it. I have seen more P-Platers with S2000's in recent times however it's still quite expensive for most and being a 2-seater, alot of people simply wouldn't consider one.

I'm sure there aren't many 19 year olds driving S2000! There would be a few, but definitely still unique! Good choice IMO.

Engin09
11-04-2010, 12:27 AM
are you a P plater androo?

aaronng
11-04-2010, 12:36 AM
It's also because in states like VIC, the S2000 used to be on the restricted list due to the power to weight ratio. But the new P-plater restrictions only restrict turbo, V8 and high performance V6, so the S2000 is now an eligible P plater car with good performance.

Engin09
11-04-2010, 02:56 AM
im a P plater myself but after speeding once in it i probably wont again on public roads, its like a death trap waiting to kill the more idiotic people in my age bracket. ill take it to the track if i wana go fast :) awesome little car tho

m0nty ITR
11-04-2010, 08:04 AM
It's also because in states like VIC, the S2000 used to be on the restricted list due to the power to weight ratio. But the new P-plater restrictions only restrict turbo, V8 and high performance V6, so the S2000 is now an eligible P plater car with good performance.

So Victoria had the system right and then changed to the same idiotic rules as New South Wales?

I don't agree with the volume comment. The S2000 was sold worldwide. The Commodore wasn't. From 99 to 09 I would hazard a guess that nearly as many S2000s were sold worldwide as there were Commodores.

JAP-S2K
11-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Most S2000's are owned by younger drivers these days and with the affordability of S2000's, they are becoming more popular with P platers , and why wouldn't they? You would seriously struggle to find a similar performance car in the mid to low 20K. Especially when they are not able to get there hands on a turbocharged car. But i'm a firm believer that these should be banned from P platers. What makes this vehicle lesser perfomance than say a S13, S14, S15, R32-33-34 GTST. In standard trim the S2000 runs rings around them. The S2000 in the wrong or unexperienced hands is a weapon, and when things turn bad the outcome is never good. The fact that they are becoming more affordable does two things, it will send insurance premiums higher with the increase of insurance claims, and the obvious, send resale prices down, as more poorly maintained, ill repaired, and young owners desperate to sell them. Which is what we are seeing happen right now.

aaronng
11-04-2010, 08:46 AM
So Victoria had the system right and then changed to the same idiotic rules as New South Wales?

Yup, it's changed and I believe that the other states will do or have done the same.

acurabot
11-04-2010, 08:51 AM
The S2000 in the wrong or unexperienced hands is a weapon, and when things turn bad the outcome is never good.

I reckon this applies to all cars. Uncautious drivers are always driving weapons....on the other hand, i'd hate to see S2K's become a popular P Platers car strictly for the fact that the quality of the car will decrease to idiotic hooning and attempts as most young platers tend to do for kudos. DC2's are slowly becoming an example...

burak213
11-04-2010, 10:16 AM
my friend at work who was on green p's at the time picked up a s2k

thought he would test out the cars power. Took a corner too fast, oversteered into a pole writing off the car, he was okay though.

But he was still driving it home from the dealer...

ludecrs
11-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Confirmation its the P plate car of choice?

I have a Rating 1, have been with the same insurance company for 8yrs, turned 25 already this year and just received my comprehensive insurance letter in the mail 2 days ago.

Its gone from $1100 to $1528...... I called up and said wtf surely there's some sort of mistake, I'm 25 now. Because the car in question is a high risk car for crashes throughout Australia your premium has risen. Oh and my agreed value dropped $10K..... What a joke.

acurabot
11-04-2010, 02:30 PM

I have a Rating 1, have been with the same insurance company for 8yrs, turned 25 already this year and just received my comprehensive insurance letter in the mail 2 days ago.

Its gone from $1100 to $1528...... I called up and said wtf surely there's some sort of mistake, I'm 25 now. Because the car in question is a high risk car for crashes throughout Australia your premium has risen. Oh and my agreed value dropped $10K..... What a joke.

what company are u insured with?

Engin09
11-04-2010, 02:54 PM
The S2000 in the wrong or unexperienced hands is a weapon, and when things turn bad the outcome is never good

agreed :)

ludecrs
11-04-2010, 06:26 PM
what company are u insured with?

Just Car Insurance..... for the next 3wks.... Who knows after that.

.::F[L]Y::.
11-04-2010, 08:31 PM
S2000 costs more to insure than my E46 M3 LOL

brendan1990
11-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Wow thanks for the replies you all make good points, i really do hope this car doesnt become a big p plate car because i worked really hard to get this and have something unique i sold almost everything i had of value except the computer im using right now, and i deffinately see how younger drivers trying to sell them off quickly will depreciate the value even more, hopefully i love the car for a long time and dont need to sell it quickly, and btw that insurance thing for u ludcrs and the value dropping 10k is terrible and im really sorry to hear that, and i guess if i go with just cars my agreed value would be much the same only different yr.

jko2
12-04-2010, 11:03 AM
How the heck do P-platers afford a $25k anyway?? (I'm assuming parents).
When I had an s2k back in 04 I had to work off a hefty loan.
Far out $25k is a heck of a lot of money.

I had a S13s on my Ps, $10g - working for $8.38 at the pancake parlour, would have been impossible to save $25k

jbird
12-04-2010, 01:02 PM
I hope you dont assume every p-plater got his s2k bought for him/her by his/her parents...cause I bought mine with my own money. I saved heaps by not drinking alcohol every weekend...thats like $100-200 saved right there. Every week for 4 years.

I worked for 4 years to buy mine. Still on my P's because I lost my licence speeding on a bike, long story short, disqualified and green P's for the next year and a half still :(

F20C
12-04-2010, 01:03 PM

Well atleast you werent paying 5.5k a yr only because of age not claims, and whats your agreed value? I got fkt over when mine got stolen only got 24ish after paying 35k for it -.-

thegame888
12-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Most S2000's are owned by younger drivers these days and with the affordability of S2000's, they are becoming more popular with P platers , and why wouldn't they? You would seriously struggle to find a similar performance car in the mid to low 20K. Especially when they are not able to get there hands on a turbocharged car. But i'm a firm believer that these should be banned from P platers. What makes this vehicle lesser perfomance than say a S13, S14, S15, R32-33-34 GTST. In standard trim the S2000 runs rings around them. The S2000 in the wrong or unexperienced hands is a weapon, and when things turn bad the outcome is never good. The fact that they are becoming more affordable does two things, it will send insurance premiums higher with the increase of insurance claims, and the obvious, send resale prices down, as more poorly maintained, ill repaired, and young owners desperate to sell them. Which is what we are seeing happen right now.

This is a really good description of the situation. Totally agree.

EK1.6LCIV
12-04-2010, 02:14 PM
wow can insure an r34 gtr for a bit less now lol

not a bad p-plater car if you have the cash to afford the running costs

Engin09
12-04-2010, 02:41 PM
I hope you dont assume every p-plater got his s2k bought for him/her by his/her parents...cause I bought mine with my own money. I saved heaps by not drinking alcohol every weekend...thats like $100-200 saved right there. Every week for 4 years.

I worked for 4 years to buy mine. Still on my P's because I lost my licence speeding on a bike, long story short, disqualified and green P's for the next year and a half still

ye i payed for most of myne aswell.. mum payed 10G but im even paying that back to her so i can say i payed for it lOL

NVD52K
12-04-2010, 03:33 PM
im a 19 year old owner and i dont see no problems

aaronng
12-04-2010, 04:30 PM
ye i payed for most of myne aswell.. mum payed 10G but im even paying that back to her so i can say i payed for it lOL
:thumbsup::thumbsup: Good on ya. That makes you value your car more since it is your own hard earned cash.

jesses2k
12-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Just Car Insurance..... for the next 3wks.... Who knows after that.

go with shannons :P nothing like that has happened to me!

However I am a P-Plater :/

brendan1990
12-04-2010, 06:50 PM

I worked for 4 years to buy mine. Still on my P's because I lost my licence speeding on a bike, long story short, disqualified and green P's for the next year and a half still :(

I second that i have recieved not a cent from my parents, and i also have sacrificed many weekends out with mates to afford this, it was frustrating at times but im hoping it will be worth it. i get my s2k hopefully at the end of the week so long as the guys rwc goes well =D

androo
12-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Sorry guys. Yes I am a P-Plater. I get my full license in August this year. To be very, very honest though I used to be a bit of a hoon until I almost crashed my EG Civic (late 2008). Since then I've been called a grandma when I drive people around (even my aunty says so LOL). Safety first though.

I now drive an Integra VTi-R. I'm not sure why I bought it when I drive so slow (speed limit but I get there slowly lol). But I do agree - I think the power to weight ratio restriction that Victoria had was a very good idea. Much better than the current laws (e.g. turbo MX5 is still slower than an S2000). It's unfair to the very few responsible P-platers out there, but I do believe the restrictions are a good thing. Yes this is coming from a P-Plater as well.

Lot's of P-plater's think 'oh it so fair just because I'm a P-plater' but 90% of the people that speed off at the lights, cut you off and make stupid risks are P-platers.

Also, the Integra comment is pretty true - There's quite alot more hooning Integras wearing P-plates these days. I've had people make sly comments/swearing under their breath while I get into my Integra...

Anyway you're very lucky to be driving an S2000. Just be safe!

brendan1990
12-04-2010, 08:14 PM
s2000 are banned from P's regardless of old rules or new rules in vic .. power to weight still applies

the 125k kw per tone rule was abolished a yr or two ago, its only turbo charged and super charged and anything above 6cyl not including the nominated list on vic roads, i called up and asked about the mazda rx8 which is very similar power to rate as the s2k and it was perfectly fine.

andiiso
12-04-2010, 08:20 PM
yer, thats wat it says on vicroads site too .. cop must have lied to me or mistaken it lol .. cos i was done for it and im on old laws so it was a fair call but afterwards cop was just chit chattin to me bout the car n stuff and i asked him "wat bout on new laws .. is it p plate legal then", and hes like "doesnt matter, its still too powerful, power to weight still applies .. ur car is faster then alot of v8s and turbos"

brendan1990
12-04-2010, 09:19 PM
what did he pull you over for if u dont mind me asking =P

DC5TYPER
12-04-2010, 10:14 PM

Exactly what happened to me. I'm around $2000 with rating 1. Also took off $7000 off my agreed value. Shannon's also quoted more! hehe

Anyways Im selling my S2000 very soon. I had my fun and time to move onto 4-5 Seater for my family. :)

DC5TYPER
12-04-2010, 10:19 PM
How the heck do P-platers afford a $25k anyway?? (I'm assuming parents).
When I had an s2k back in 04 I had to work off a hefty loan.
Far out $25k is a heck of a lot of money.

I had a S13s on my Ps, $10g - working for $8.38 at the pancake parlour, would have been impossible to save $25k

A young adult these days can pick up a job with $35-$40,000 salary easy. Live at home with parents and can get a loan to buy S2k easy.

andiiso
13-04-2010, 07:12 AM
what did he pull you over for if u dont mind me asking =P

i was fillin up petrol and he pull in bhind me and fined me for driving a high powered vehicle on P's lol .. im on old rules so it was fair call .. but yer i asked bout new rules and he said still not allowed but i think he may have gotten it wrong

Engin09
13-04-2010, 09:13 AM
Thanks aaronng :D

Simy
13-04-2010, 01:37 PM
im at 19yr old p plater... as soon as i got my reds.. like a month or two after i got my car.. i hooned it often.. still do rarely thou.. but i duno why.. i just dont want to drive fast AS MUCH any more lol.. i dont even drive 65-70 in a 60 zone..lol.. i took out a loan for mine, still paying it off.. its not THAT hard..

trentd
13-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Say goodbye to s2000's because just like the vl turbos they will all be thrashed and written off now!

andiiso
13-04-2010, 05:24 PM
the rarer the better ! so as long as i dun write mine off im good =p haha

trentd
14-04-2010, 09:03 AM
yeh but i love seeing them around. i don't want them rare, there too sxc to b rare

brendan1990
14-04-2010, 04:59 PM
i would of thought rare is good cause when someone sees your own s2k in good nic they will be like 'woah its an s2000!' and then you'll be like 'yeah baby!'
or something along those lines.

trentd
14-04-2010, 05:06 PM
yeh true!! hmmmmm
either way as long as i still see them and they don't go exstinct i'll b a happy man

mattatnoosa
20-04-2010, 06:42 PM
A young adult these days can pick up a job with $35-$40,000 salary easy. Live at home with parents and can get a loan to buy S2k easy.

^^this, im planning on doing a similar thing, im on my p's but crashed a civic, partially my fault for driving stupidly and partially car being a bit unroadworthy, (just bought from a guy),i feel im a much better driver now, i learnt my lesson (rather expensively) and am now considering after about a year of driving a small lancer, geting something nice.

Snoop_gee
20-04-2010, 08:42 PM
fulli hecktik Kas

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz212/anthonymullins/DSC00228-1.jpg

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz212/anthonymullins/DSC00239.jpg

brendan1990
20-04-2010, 10:03 PM
sick s2, but im not one for chromies sorry =/

JAP-S2K
20-04-2010, 10:28 PM
why does this mistake happen so often.

euromandeluxe
20-04-2010, 10:41 PM
why does this mistake happen so often.

agree.

WHY MAN WHY!!! buy an old school merc or something, lol

drsilliez
20-04-2010, 11:50 PM
those chromies killed the car..

brendan1990
21-04-2010, 06:10 PM
i think the s2000 is more go than show, but some people prefer show thats why this happens so often

vyets
22-04-2010, 07:03 AM
Meh, even if you want a show car you can stil have taste.. LOL

ncmx5
22-04-2010, 10:02 AM
EWW... s2ks are not GANSTA cars... get a 300c

vyets
22-04-2010, 10:27 AM
even a 300C deserves better rims then that lol.

sambalam
22-04-2010, 03:45 PM
OH DUDE LOOK OUT,

some1's ruined........ohhhhhh its just chromies ;p

im just playin man but i reckon if u put on some light weights the difference you'll feel under your right foot will make up for those 4 portable mirrors,

i had chromies on my old lude and did exactly that and its very noticeable

Age_S2000
23-04-2010, 06:12 PM
red p platers need jazz's or sumthin the number of S2K write-offs has increased heaps there appearing at the auctions in damaged form more n more now :(

catacaustic
23-04-2010, 09:00 PM
I still wonder why people put 20" wheels on the S's. The wheels weight to much, the handling is shot, you can't drive over a tiny pebble without bending a rim. Does this sound even close to "drivable"? But I guess as it has been said, that form wins over function for people that see things like that.

The worst part about the big solid tubs that are the wheels on that car is that the wheels block pretty much all air flow to the brakes. so if you try and stop a few times, you'll see your brakes fade after they get to hot. Then again, with those wheels, and that suspension, i can't see it going fast enough to need to stop that quick anyway. ;)

ncmx5
24-04-2010, 05:42 PM
I still wonder why people put 20" wheels on the S's. The wheels weight to much, the handling is shot, you can't drive over a tiny pebble without bending a rim. Does this sound even close to "drivable"? But I guess as it has been said, that form wins over function for people that see things like that.

The worst part about the big solid tubs that are the wheels on that car is that the wheels block pretty much all air flow to the brakes. so if you try and stop a few times, you'll see your brakes fade after they get to hot. Then again, with those wheels, and that suspension, i can't see it going fast enough to need to stop that quick anyway. ;)

I don't think the people who would do that are CAPABLE of driving fast anyways... LOL

JaCe
24-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Yet another good car... ruined.

EvolElmo
25-04-2010, 09:02 PM
It's funny on this forum. A lot of people talking about how lame 20 inch rims are, yet drool over 'herra frush' fitment.

Same shit, different smell imo.

doma
27-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Its a lot cheaper than it once was but not not entirely affordable for the young platers. They still need a bit of parents money to help. Especially with insurance premiums for a young inexperienced driver. Thats probaby why you see more p platers in S2k.

But I dont think its a mainstream p plater car as there arent many produced.

hisoka
27-04-2010, 11:32 PM
looks like " p platers" have found a loop hole to drive a fast car i guess, it wont be long before the dot crack down on this lol. a s2k would easily out perform most 2 litre turbo imports that have been banned for p platers. but to marginalise one car would be kinda wierd, they would probably remove all of the 2 litre honda range lol.

i dont know of any p platers personally but i have seen s2ks with p plates around my area. so it seems they are getting more common.

p platers are a bunch of drama queens but. iam a p plater but thats just my opinion on other p platers, i dont think iam the average p plater

vyets
28-04-2010, 06:51 AM
It's funny on this forum. A lot of people talking about how lame 20 inch rims are, yet drool over 'herra frush' fitment.

Same shit, different smell imo.

Yea, but at least flush fitment can look good. I mean there's nothing wrong with going "sex spec" however majority of the people who do have no taste, just slapping random dinner plates on cars, I've seen some good looking sex spec cars with nice rims but it dosen't happen often, and not all flush fitment cars look good either. Also most of the people who go for fitment actually know a thing or two about cars and most likley work on the car themselves their suspension is never "professionaly lowered", but don't get me wrong here I'm not talking about 100% of the people it's just the majority that ruins it :)

mrprelude
28-04-2010, 07:53 AM
I honestly find it hard to believe that someone would take a finely balanced machine that the s2000 is from factory and totally ruin the handling with those sort of chrome wheels. If you really want to stand out there are plently of nice looking racing wheels, RE30, CE28, RPFI etc. Just my 2 cents.

vyets
28-04-2010, 08:32 AM
I honestly find it hard to believe that someone would take a finely balanced machine that the s2000 is from factory and totally ruin the handling with those sort of chrome wheels. If you really want to stand out there are plently of nice looking racing wheels, RE30, CE28, RPFI etc. Just my 2 cents.

Because not only is the car perfectly balanced, it also has sex appeal lol. It's got the best of both worlds

hisoka
28-04-2010, 09:42 AM
. Also most of the people who go for fitment actually know a thing or two about cars and most likley work on the car themselves their suspension is never "professionaly lowered", but don't get me wrong here I'm not talking about 100% of the people it's just the majority that ruins it :)

well said~

STAiN MASTER
28-04-2010, 10:13 AM
With this whole new system of banning turbo cars to stop P-platers becoming kamikazes some how I dont think is going to work, because once you come off you p's the first thing you want is a turbo car so the need to own one becomes more desirable which there for means there is more of a chance for them hurting themselves.

I have a P-plates friend who owns a S2000 and now is coming off their P's to buy a Turbo and he's not the most sensible person in the world, so by him owning a turbo car I think puts him STILL at risk of having an accident *touch wood* he doesn't this whole banning of cars just makes them more desirable.

brendan1990
28-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Its a lot cheaper than it once was but not not entirely affordable for the young platers. .

Not all p platers scabbed off there parents, my father specifically told me that if i wanted to purchase a car like the s2000 for myself i would be on my own and would have no help from him, so i took that in and bought one anyway, ill admit im watching my money like a hawk now but its well worth it.
also i think younger drivers that look at s2000's maybe are more smarter financially and would think most people that scab lots off there parents would be buying some ve sv6, merc, or bmw, there is a guy at the end of my street who has a new bmw 1 series which im sure he couldnt of paid for.

looks like " p platers" have found a loop hole to drive a fast car i guess, it wont be long before the dot crack down on this lol. a s2k would easily out perform most 2 litre turbo imports that have been banned for p platers.

i kind of hope they do crack down so then my s2 is more unique lol, and as far as beating most turbo 2.0l's, u recon it would beat a 200sx round track?

With this whole new system of banning turbo cars to stop P-platers becoming kamikazes some how I dont think is going to work, because once you come off you p's the first thing you want is a turbo car so the need to own one becomes more desirable which there for means there is more of a chance for them hurting themselves.

I have a P-plates friend who owns a S2000 and now is coming off their P's to buy a Turbo and he's not the most sensible person in the world, so by him owning a turbo car I think puts him STILL at risk of having an accident *touch wood* he doesn't this whole banning of cars just makes them more desirable.

i cant agree more with what u say about turbo car's being more desirable when we get off p's, and i think the s2000 on its own without any aspiration is quite a weapon for young drivers, ive only had mine for about a week and taken a few friends for a drive and im still learning the car so there is no way i can drive it to the best of its abilities, and these guys still recon there would be not many p plate cars that could match the s2 for performance, and ill say again i have a long way to go before i can use the car's full potential.

on a different side though i should mention i work at subaru and have driven quite a few wrx's ( before the boss realised im on p's) that have been modified and can see these being very common cars that p platers will look at purchasing off there p's as they are cheap to buy and can go like hell, and being a p plater myself i will admit that it is good in some circumstances that we dont get access to turbo charged cars straight away because if i had one of the later model 04+ model wrx's i would most likely lose my liscence straight away or possibly injure myself quite quickly and seriously.

tamay_s2k
28-04-2010, 10:52 PM
hi guys
i got my s2000 in my 1st 4 months of my red p plates last year in victoria.
yes there is a growing trend in p plater s2000s but you can tell them apart
there are about 5 in my area and all consist of 20" chrome wheels.
mine, i had some jdm style te37 replicas on it until today in which i sold them.
now im looking for a new elegant style such as meisters or project Ds.

i can gladly say that my parents did not fund my car as i worked for it wen i was young and saved all my money and am still working hard to pay it off whilst going to uni.
putting everything aside.....u can tell the mature p platers from the typical 'hoon' p platers. chrome wheels. and candy paint are a prime example of ur average 'hot shot' p plater.
im a p plater and i hate seeing other p platers with these cars aswell because yes..even i want it to be exclusive. but the way i see it now...if u want the s2000 to be exclusive..make it exclusive..dont let the cars ruin there class and performance by slapping heavy wheels and ugly non OEM car colors and it will still be exclusive.
let us real enthusiasts shine from the rest of the s2000 drivers. i find it an insult now being labelled as p plater lmao

tamay_s2k
28-04-2010, 10:55 PM
lmaoooo
omg this is so true.
ive got just under 3 years of ps left and all that is on my mind is turbo kit in the last 6 months of my ps

EvolElmo
29-04-2010, 12:01 AM
lmaoooo
omg this is so true.
ive got just under 3 years of ps left and all that is on my mind is turbo kit in the last 6 months of my ps

We'll see where that sits in 3 years when you want to do something less useless with your money.

tamay_s2k
29-04-2010, 01:06 AM
haha
yes u have a point there
hopefully i will mature by then
only god knows

Wez_R
29-04-2010, 11:47 AM
I dont see many p platers driving s2k's, but if my rents did give me money for a car, i would probably consider the s2k, i reckon it wont go under 18-20k in price for awhile due to it being convertibles/sport are pretty expensive cars

ncmx5
29-04-2010, 01:20 PM
p platers... pfft. LOL.

nah i was once a p-plater... bought a new 2006 mx5... $45k. Cruised around in it, tracked it. thought i was da-bomb.. now looking back at younger drivers slapping p plates on the cars... looks really noob. mindset really changes when you change age brackets. lol

brendan1990
30-04-2010, 07:10 AM
i wouldnt say i feel kool, but i get a lot of satisfaction when a vr v6 commodore rocks up next to me at the lights revin his engine, that i dont even need to bother.

ncmx5
30-04-2010, 09:59 AM
i wouldnt say i feel kool

really? i still feel cool in it =P

vyets
30-04-2010, 11:48 AM
I feel slow in my s2000 :( LOL considering the cars all my mates drive.. sigh

ludecrs
30-04-2010, 03:27 PM
^ Need FI. :D

vyets
30-04-2010, 06:04 PM
LOL no thanks. Not on the S anyway

brendan1990
30-04-2010, 06:15 PM
lol ok, i feel a bit kool then, and as far as feeling slow compared to your mates, im the complete opposite atm =D

ncmx5
01-05-2010, 04:39 PM
milk it. all my friends drive m3's and evo's n shit. s2k is the weakest of them all.. LOL

brendan1990
01-05-2010, 05:14 PM
why dont you put some forced induction into it then?

vyets
01-05-2010, 05:38 PM
lol.. we aint "complaining" that we are the slowest... on the street :)

I'll get a turbo when I feel like hardparking. LOL

Rather just get a turbo car

flipfire
01-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Is the s2000 the most powerful 4cyl engine thats not p plater prohibited?

euromandeluxe
01-05-2010, 06:17 PM
I think it is.

hisoka
08-05-2010, 05:38 PM
yeah it would be. it actually makes more power the a 2 litre gtst skyline LOL.

that actually makes me feel less bad ass driving a turbo car on p plates

JAP-S2K
09-05-2010, 08:56 PM
lol.. we aint "complaining" that we are the slowest... on the street :)

I'll get a turbo when I feel like hardparking. LOL

Rather just get a turbo car

Yeah i totally agree. No point doing F/I on S2K, as i could go back to a RPs13 and build a monster, for half the price. Same fun! (actually more fun!)

503asy
12-05-2010, 05:03 PM
i reckon s2k will turn out to be the next del sol..bodykits, chromies and custom interiors galore! haha

brendan1990
12-05-2010, 06:41 PM
it better not be

ludecrs
12-05-2010, 07:09 PM
What do you mean will? It already has. Go take a look on CarSales.....

tamay_s2k
12-05-2010, 08:06 PM
What do you mean will? It already has. Go take a look on CarSales.....
brad u read my mind. its the worst looking on carsales
alot are on 19" minimum chromies with non original colours

flipfire
12-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Id say 20" minimum on carsales.. too many fully sick s2k's

Wrecks a well balanced car :(

DC28OY
09-06-2010, 11:42 AM
yeah it would be. it actually makes more power the a 2 litre gtst skyline LOL.

that actually makes me feel less bad ass driving a turbo car on p plates

i thought DC2R is faster 400m :S ... correct me if im wrong

jooboo
09-06-2010, 12:24 PM
youre wrong lol

DC28OY
09-06-2010, 12:43 PM
wat does a stock s2k run down the quarter mile newaiz??

STAiN MASTER
09-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Std 14.2
cr 13.8

DC28OY
09-06-2010, 01:49 PM
oh thats ayt 14.2 ... my mate ran a 14.2 a few months ago in his civic with b18c2 motor with ITR LSD gearbox ... good to noe he runs like a S2K lol :D

pablos8
09-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Its true I see alot more P plater s2k's around nowadays..

Just did a quote for an 18 yr old who's parents just bought him an S2K and it was $46,000 for full comprehensive cover and I heard him sigh
His parents bought the car under the condition he paid the insurance, I laughed so hard.

Being a P Plater myself comprehensive cover for my EG is around $8k per year which is fooooked, so I mean alot of these p platers have s2k's but can't pay their insurance so they either dont insure them or ask mummy and daddy for insurance money too..
I wouldn't take third party property/theft/fire for an s2k, would have to be comprehensive but mreh, thats just me. No point buying a nice car if you can't handle the insurance repayments

vyets
09-06-2010, 01:58 PM
WHAT 8k a year for full comp for a EG are you ****ing kidding? THat's a ridiculous price what company are you with. Also 46k a year for full comp for a S2000 is just bullshit lol. Noone pays 46k a year, shit I've never heard anyone pay even 10k a year.

Std 14.2
cr 13.8

really? why is the CR faster? lol

STAiN MASTER
09-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Its lighter has more areo parts and stickier tires I presume.

vyets
09-06-2010, 02:12 PM
its only a tiny bit lighter, and the aero parts/tyres wouldn't make that much of a difference. The re070 isn't that much better then the re050 on launch. However there have been people who hit high 13's with standard s2k's non CR

STAiN MASTER
09-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Well those are the only parts that are different compared to a stock s2000, so it does make a difference and also the suspension I forgot to mention.

Best time ive read a STD s2k did was 13.9

brendan1990
09-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Being a P Plater myself comprehensive cover for my EG is around $8k per year which is fooooked, so I mean alot of these p platers have s2k's but can't pay their insurance so they either dont insure them or ask mummy and daddy for insurance money too..
I wouldn't take third party property/theft/fire for an s2k, would have to be comprehensive but mreh, thats just me. No point buying a nice car if you can't handle the insurance repayments

8k a yr! shit man im 19 and i got quoted 4k a yr by justcars, and my most expensive was 7k from racv, so i dunno how your paying 8 your getting ripped off big time, anyway i am a p plater obviously and bought the whole car myself, and insurance, although i have to admit insurance is under dads name atm (2k a yr) till i pay off my lone which is only 2k which i think is pretty good for my age considering the car was almost 24k.
P.s you should of slapped that kid in the face if he only has to pay for insurance, if not for that at least slap him for actually paying 46k a yr XD

STAiN MASTER
09-06-2010, 10:29 PM
how do people under 24 afford a S2000 when they dont even have an income or full time job.

or even get approved for a loan....

pablos8
10-06-2010, 06:25 AM
8k a yr! shit man im 19 and i got quoted 4k a yr by justcars, and my most expensive was 7k from racv, so i dunno how your paying 8 your getting ripped off big time, anyway i am a p plater obviously and bought the whole car myself, and insurance, although i have to admit insurance is under dads name atm (2k a yr) till i pay off my lone which is only 2k which i think is pretty good for my age considering the car was almost 24k.
P.s you should of slapped that kid in the face if he only has to pay for insurance, if not for that at least slap him for actually paying 46k a yr XD

I'm not paying 8k a year that's what the quote was from my work... But then again we hate insuring p platers

brendan1990
10-06-2010, 10:15 PM
umm well.....cause maybe some people under 24 do have a full time job??
And because of that the bank approves the loan

pablos8
10-06-2010, 10:22 PM
umm well.....cause maybe some people under 24 do have a full time job??
And because of that the bank approves the loan

Can agree, im under 20 and have a fulll time job..

jbird
10-06-2010, 11:47 PM
how do people under 24 afford a S2000 when they dont even have an income or full time job.

or even get approved for a loan....

How do people above 24 afford an S2000 without an income/full-time job?

DC2-PWR
10-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Pearents.

rokkuchan
11-06-2010, 12:02 AM
part time Gigolo

brendan1990
11-06-2010, 05:48 PM
haha....serious?

vyets
12-06-2010, 07:48 AM
Well, alot of parents are buying there kids cars these days and I reckon it's pretty normal by now. How often do you see a P plater driving around with a nice car in the 20 - 30k mark I would say it's 90% of kids, times have changed.

But the difference is when it comes to modding, though their parents pay for the car they would never pay for the mods. So they buy cheap mods and what they can afford, then that's where it starts too show. When someone works hard to save the amount of money needed for a car that cost low 30's or high 20's they would know how hard it is to save that much and when they buy stuff for the car, only the best and they wouldn't cheap out.

But there are those select few who's parents yes believe it or not.. actually buy mods for them too wtf?

jbird
12-06-2010, 11:36 AM
^Yeah I know a guy who's parents are filthy rich. Like houses in different countries-ferrari kind of rich. He bought his son's cars and paid for the mods too. It's just how it is. 80k car is cheap compared to their ferrari/bentley. Oh well some people are born into it...the rest of us just gotta work hard.

Drink less/not at all, don't smoke, be less fashionable. Work 3-4-5 days a week for 2-3 years after high school whilst driving your parent's car/catching train/getting lifts.

That's how I bought mine. No way would I loan it, you pay so much interest and theres so many other consumables that come with owning a "higher" performance vehicle.

Alternatively you can get disqualified and hence stay on your P's for like 5 years hahah

brendan1990
12-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Drink less/not at all, don't smoke, be less fashionable. Work 3-4-5 days a week for 2-3 years after high school whilst driving your parent's car/catching train/getting lifts.

Couldnt of put it better myself, and vyets your exactly right about saving for the right stuff, im back to the no drinking, hardly going out to save up for some tien coilovers XD but i believe that benefit and feeling you get out of it at the end is what makes it all worth it, and we teach ourselves that saving hard for a bit really pays off in the end.
I went and saw the A-team last night with a mate, and one of his gud friends who just bought a brand new ford xr6 (31k) and i asked if he had to take a loan and he just laughed and said 'yeah of course' then i asked how much and his like 'haha 31k'
i still cant figure out now how he could afford to pay it off with interest each month + actual repayments + fuel and his only a 2nd yr apprentice with no other job =/

sambalam
12-06-2010, 05:31 PM
hate to admit it but im 20, paying back a 30k loan, its alot of money no doubt but i dont care, im happy, as long as your sensible and/or smart with your money its possible,

as far as mods go, nothing but the best for my car, genuine or don't bother, thats just my stance with this car, with my prelude its a different story.

tamay_s2k
12-06-2010, 11:05 PM
i was the same
im 19 now
brought my car wen i was 18..4 months into my pz
sine then i have being paying out a loan of 17k..i was able to put a deposit of 5k on the car since i had already saved that up. interest boosted me up to end up paying 25k for the loan..which is redicules..but a price i must pay since i want a car that i will love and enjoy.
i dont drink or smoke so saving money isnt as hard. i go uni 4 days a week and work as much as i can doing security. i can admit that in my 1st 9 months of my Pz i resorted to cheap mods, replica wheels n stupid cheap sound systems, compressed springs n all the basic cheap p plater crap u wuld put on ur car. in the last 3 months i have matured quite a bit. this all came to me when i snapped my 1st driveshaft. i relised i was abusing the car and it opened my eyes.
1 month later i thought i was being a pussy and was just over-reacting..and then bang..second driveshaft snapped. at this point..i felt like like i got smacked in the face by god, telling me to stop being a spoiled brat and get my act together. i now am trying 2 save properly..using patience as my key to moding my car. it is now bak 2 bone dry stock and im trying to work my way up with mods. i 1st am looking at strengthening the diff with some new driveshaft spacers and internal colar, followed by coilovers and other respectable neat mods. ive got 2 points left and am really close 2 losing my licence..so speeding is a complete zero for me now. vtec is now an event on daily drive..'vtecing it' is pretty much speeding regardless of what gear so i barely push her at all now.
well thats my story of how P platers can HOPEFULLY mature through the course of time.
hope u guys dont think im a dikhead

brendan1990
13-06-2010, 11:47 AM
i was the same
im 19 now
brought my car wen i was 18..4 months into my pz
sine then i have being paying out a loan of 17k..i was able to put a deposit of 5k on the car since i had already saved that up. interest boosted me up to end up paying 25k for the loan..which is redicules..but a price i must pay since i want a car that i will love and enjoy.
i dont drink or smoke so saving money isnt as hard. i go uni 4 days a week and work as much as i can doing security. i can admit that in my 1st 9 months of my Pz i resorted to cheap mods, replica wheels n stupid cheap sound systems, compressed springs n all the basic cheap p plater crap u wuld put on ur car. in the last 3 months i have matured quite a bit. this all came to me when i snapped my 1st driveshaft. i relised i was abusing the car and it opened my eyes.
1 month later i thought i was being a pussy and was just over-reacting..and then bang..second driveshaft snapped. at this point..i felt like like i got smacked in the face by god, telling me to stop being a spoiled brat and get my act together. i now am trying 2 save properly..using patience as my key to moding my car. it is now bak 2 bone dry stock and im trying to work my way up with mods. i 1st am looking at strengthening the diff with some new driveshaft spacers and internal colar, followed by coilovers and other respectable neat mods. ive got 2 points left and am really close 2 losing my licence..so speeding is a complete zero for me now. vtec is now an event on daily drive..'vtecing it' is pretty much speeding regardless of what gear so i barely push her at all now.
well thats my story of how P platers can HOPEFULLY mature through the course of time.
hope u guys dont think im a dikhead

well you where pretty game saying all that so ill say...nahh your not that bad lol, you seemed to of learnt your lesson, did the shafts literally snap or did they just degrade over time?

jbird
13-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Words of advice.
1: Find out the terms of your car loan if their is a early termination payment (if you pay the loan off early). If there isn't then great.
2: Stop modding and use that extra money to pay off said loan. Getting screwed by interest is really retarded.

Your car repayment will be $150 a week for 5 years.
Interest rate for your car loan is 15%.
Amount borrowed = $30,000.

You are roughly paying 45k for a car. That means for every dollar you pay off your loan, HALF of it is being used to pay interest.

If you can try to pay $300 per week off your car loan, it will take half the time and you will pay about 5k in interest.

I am using rough calculations so don't quote me to the dollar but you get my drift

sambalam
14-06-2010, 08:05 PM
this man speaks the truth, i pay back 280 a week, my minimum is 250, this way ur always ahead on your repayments, loan will be no longer than 3 years, theres a buffer between u and sh*t creek.

although stop modding is easier said than done, i was trying to do this then all of a suden BAM Mugen wing.......sometimes u just have to :P

Engin09
19-06-2010, 11:43 AM
im on my reds, and yes i got a loan.. but not from a bank =) but instead my grandparents.. lol i only ow them 13K or so.. it would of been 11K now but i spent it on new tyres, some stock rims of James(Jbird) and im going to buy his coilovers soon lol...

pablos8
22-06-2010, 08:44 AM
How do people above 24 afford an S2000 without an income/full-time job?

sell their bodies

STAiN MASTER
22-06-2010, 04:00 PM
If I charged every woman I had been with id be a rich man.

INVSBL
22-06-2010, 04:55 PM
i love how people think its hard to get into a 30-40k car on their p plates.

if ur working full time from the age of 17, ull be on 30-40k a year.

now if ur living at home, ull save more then half, and if ur desperate, banks are throwing money out faster then that week old milk thats been sitting on the bench.

on topic, the S2000 has been the p platers car for years now. every time i see one one 19"+ rims of any style, +50 offset and that P plate on the rear number plate, i die a little.

thank sydney really, sex spec is the shit. to bad the shit stinks.

brendan1990
22-06-2010, 07:42 PM
on topic, the S2000 has been the p platers car for years now. every time i see one one 19"+ rims of any style, +50 offset and that P plate on the rear number plate, i die a little.

i die a little to, but i am a plater.

VeYzZii
28-06-2010, 01:57 AM
im 17 on my red p's.. Working as a fridgie for a year, saved up some money, got a couple of bucks from here and there and bought myself an s2k..
there are alot of dicknob p platers out there that definantly dont know how to treat cars, there the only ones that dont deserve a spectacular car like these..

brendan1990
28-06-2010, 06:59 AM
im 17 on my red p's....

dont you have to be 18 for p's?

sambalam
28-06-2010, 10:14 AM
For green ps not red

euromandeluxe
28-06-2010, 12:52 PM
what the? which state allows you to get your p's at 17? victoria doesn't.

jbird
28-06-2010, 01:11 PM
L's at 16, I thnk you have to hold it for 6 months or maybe 12 months before you can try go for reds this is for NSW.

Potentially you cuold be on your full icence by 20 yaers old if your keen and keep clean

ricerockets
30-06-2010, 10:29 PM
what the? which state allows you to get your p's at 17? victoria doesn't.

in SA, its 16 for L's, and 6 months later and a certain amount of hours of driving experience you can get your P1's

VeYzZii
23-07-2010, 11:22 PM
In nsw its Ls at 16, then 120 hours of driving and a year later on to reds.. Then a year later to Greens for 2 years, then golds.

brendan1990
25-07-2010, 02:46 PM
did you just say golds? i have never hurd of gold p plates

pablos8
25-07-2010, 02:50 PM
did you just say golds? i have never hurd of gold p plates

golds is form of full license.. its what you get after green p's, what most people call "fulls"

I think you go onto your blacks like 3 or 4 years after that ... don't know if they've removed that though, correct me if I'm wrong

chunky
25-07-2010, 02:52 PM
getting my Ps soon hopefully
looking at an s2k aswell lol

Wez_R
25-07-2010, 04:30 PM
The s2k has been a big p plater car since the laws came out haha

brendan1990
26-07-2010, 10:01 PM
getting my Ps soon hopefully
looking at an s2k aswell lol

they are a really crap car, i mean terrible, you wont like it! :P

PeppeX
26-07-2010, 10:02 PM
they are a really crap car, i mean terrible, you wont like it! :P

Give me urs now :)

brendan1990
26-07-2010, 10:05 PM
its ummm....broken......yeh broken.......cause they are so unreliable

STAiN MASTER
26-07-2010, 10:19 PM
The s2k has been a big p plater car since the laws came out haha

thats very good, it will keep the prices up and ill get good money in the future if I wish to sell mine.

tamay_s2k
26-07-2010, 10:20 PM
yea the engines r fuked
after 6,000rpm this weird noise comes from the engine
its to loud!! and doesnt sound normal
i think u should u just leave p platers such as myself with these cars of "failure" :P

brendan1990
26-07-2010, 10:25 PM
haha, yeah i know what you mean about going higher than 6k, its like this weird roar, cant be good.....

Wez_R
27-07-2010, 12:07 AM
Lol ^^

butter
27-07-2010, 12:31 AM
thanks for that :) i'll keep my eye out on saving up for an EP3 instead :D

EP3 > p-plater S2k

STAiN MASTER
27-07-2010, 01:20 PM
what the hell are you kids on about...

Si1enzio
27-07-2010, 01:46 PM
what the hell are you kids on about...

You wouldnt know coz yours didnt come with vtak. vtak was optional...

STAiN MASTER
27-07-2010, 01:59 PM
You wouldnt know coz yours didnt come with vtak. vtak was optional...

Yeah I just went outside and checked under the bonnet mine said vtec not vtak, how come vtak was an option what the difference?

Si1enzio
27-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Yeah I just went outside and checked under the bonnet mine said vtec not vtak, how come vtak was an option what the difference?

Difference between vtec & vtak, vtak is the newer generation...
So when vtak kicks in, it goessss vvvvtakkkkkkkkk, sounds meaner than vteccccccc...

STAiN MASTER
27-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Difference between vtec & vtak, vtak is the newer generation...
So when vtak kicks in, it goessss vvvvtakkkkkkkkk, sounds meaner than vteccccccc...

so on which models was vtak introduced because mines 01 which is an earlier version which has vtec.

Si1enzio
27-07-2010, 02:07 PM
so on which models was vtak introduced because mines 01 which is an earlier version which has vtec.

I think above 04.
You can go onto the dealership & say i want to update my vtec to vtak yo ! then give him a high 5 straight after you say that.

STAiN MASTER
27-07-2010, 02:54 PM
mmm I wonder if I can upgrade my vtec to vtak even if mines an 01 model... is the difference only for sound or is there performance gains to be had with vtak?

would my oem ecu handle it also?

Si1enzio
27-07-2010, 03:22 PM
mmm I wonder if I can upgrade my vtec to vtak even if mines an 01 model... is the difference only for sound or is there performance gains to be had with vtak?

would my oem ecu handle it also?

You would need to upgrade ecu to quad core vtak cpu.

chunky
27-07-2010, 05:02 PM
this thread is so dry haha

brendan1990
27-07-2010, 05:42 PM
BAHAHA i g2 get me a vtak

STAiN MASTER
27-07-2010, 09:32 PM
BAHAHA i g2 get me a vtak

Brendan1990, would you be intrested in a group buy for the vtak upgrade?

tamay_s2k
27-07-2010, 11:50 PM
LMAO
u have got 2 b kidding me
i hope 2 god brendan 1990 that u are playing along with this vtak crap and arent actually believing him lmaoooooo
nah guys
MIVEC FOR THE WIN!!!
OR VVT
OR ZITEC
or a v8 that only gets like 185kws from a 5litre.(vp commodores...every loser reckons there tuff n uses them as hoon cars)
but anyway
dont get s2k
u can get very badly sunburnt in summer
its true..ask anyone wif a s2k
i always have sunscreen in my glovebox for those topeless days lmao

INVSBL
28-07-2010, 12:04 AM
wtf is zitec,

is that like a brand under zurtec?

pablos8
28-07-2010, 04:56 AM
It's fords version of vtec

STAiN MASTER
28-07-2010, 12:14 PM
It's fords version of vtec

so the xr8 is a V8 vtec?

INVSBL
28-07-2010, 04:49 PM
oh lol

itds what they have in the focus,

and lol the boss v8 motor does not have variable cams.

boat anchors arnt sold with that.

pablos8
28-07-2010, 04:55 PM
oh lol

itds what they have in the focus,

and lol the boss v8 motor does not have variable cams.

boat anchors arnt sold with that.

Yeah they have it in focus, apparently it works in a similar way to the V-TEC system

INVSBL
28-07-2010, 05:02 PM
i thoughtit wasmore like the toyota system where it opens up valves, as apposed to the honda system which engages larger cam lobes.

brendan1990
28-07-2010, 05:39 PM
LMAO
u have got 2 b kidding me
i hope 2 god brendan 1990 that u are playing along with this vtak crap and arent actually believing him lmaoooooo

i always have sunscreen in my glovebox for those topeless days lmao

haha yeh i know, otherwise i wouldnt of gone BAHAHA, i just couldnt stop laughing for about 5 minuts after he said u give the guy a high 5

tamay_s2k
28-07-2010, 05:43 PM
lmaooooooooooooo
thank god.
i wouldnt b suprised if people believed this whole vtak thing.
from ur reaction..i was almost convinced 2 the point where i was going 2 google it. then im like...wtf am i thinking haha

brendan1990
28-07-2010, 05:52 PM
haha lucky you didnt, i thought the stainmaster guy was believing him though, which could be half the reason i found it so funnny.....im pretty sure vtak is real though except its a course you do in high school lol

ludecrs
28-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Like some P platers on the road, this thread has lost direction, sped away & crashed in a ditch. :p

Thread closed.