PDA

View Full Version : Which Premium ULP gives better performance for Euro CU2

praja6
11-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Hi Guys,

Just wondering which Premium ULP is better performance for the EUro. I need to fill my name in next couple of days and got BP and Mobil close to my house.

For my previous corolla i used Mobil normal ULP its ok, but for this Euro have to use Premium 98 wondering anyone got any different performance with different Premium ULPs.

My friend said he used Caltex Vortex premium for his Mazda 6, now he use Shell premium one and he said he can see Shell is giving more performance..

ANy different in performance in EUro with different Premium ULPs or just any premium ULP would do the job..

djpro1
11-04-2010, 01:31 PM
In terms of performance, I don't think there is much difference. Shell Premium V POWER claims to clean your engine when you drive and potentially feel an "increase in performance". With Shell V Power, I tend to get a dirty exhaust tip. BP is generally more expensive but I think their premium gives the best power but still the same distance as Vortex 98. I don't usually go for Mobil because there are no fuel discount vouchers I can use :(

Type R Positive
11-04-2010, 06:28 PM
I like BP ultimate, only because I lived in Perth and That's where it was made. We have it here in Darwin, but it is not economical to pay 0.20c+/L over 95 PULP.
My car has never had the ping on both fuels, so I use 95 PULP now.

I used to get more mileage out of the BP Ultimate, and you can notice the difference in power too. With PULP, my car feels that little bit lethargic.

So depends on what you can afford man.....

raffyboy
12-04-2010, 10:25 AM
+1 with BP ultimate.. only this fuel touches my cars and thats the end of my story lol

androo
12-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Sorry guys but just to correct - Caltex does the Vortex, Shell does V-Power and BP does Ultimate.

For me, Shell V-Power. Makes the car feel alot more energetic. Ultimate does make the engine more quiet though... Might just be me!

A bit off topic, but does anyone feel as though your car feels best when you JUST fill up? When I just fill up it seems like my car runs better compared to the next day... Is it the fresh petrol or is it just me again? lol

aaronng
12-04-2010, 11:26 AM
A bit off topic, but does anyone feel as though your car feels best when you JUST fill up? When I just fill up it seems like my car runs better compared to the next day... Is it the fresh petrol or is it just me again? lol
Yes, fresh petrol because the lighter fractions have evaporated from yoru weeks old petrol in your tank, plus with a full tank, the weight of the fuel pushing down towards the bottom helps the fuel pump pick up fuel with less effort.

zeke
12-04-2010, 05:05 PM
It should feel better with about 5-10 litres left in the tank. She's 55 Kgs lighter and you can feel the difference when driving alone.

Mr_will
12-04-2010, 05:45 PM
how many threads are we going to have on 'which is the best fuel' etc?

mwdeaso
18-09-2010, 08:09 PM
My Euro has only had V Power excellent fuel woth the extra 14 cents a litre, Economy is fantastic

Irving
19-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Hi Guys,

Just wondering which Premium ULP is better performance for the EUro. I need to fill my name in next couple of days and got BP and Mobil close to my house.

For my previous corolla i used Mobil normal ULP its ok, but for this Euro have to use Premium 98 wondering anyone got any different performance with different Premium ULPs.

My friend said he used Caltex Vortex premium for his Mazda 6, now he use Shell premium one and he said he can see Shell is giving more performance..

ANy different in performance in EUro with different Premium ULPs or just any premium ULP would do the job..

Well, the last two tanks of BP Ultimate have been sh*t like Caltex or Shell (in terms of PCS). I have no complaints about the performance or mileage though. She goes real hard, as I explained previously, maximum power is obtained at the point of pinging with timing advanced. PCS gives extra detonations on the downstroke (it's in the Honda TB). Hence more power....