PDA

View Full Version : 85civic not phat enough

Sash
14-12-2004, 12:55 AM
Hry there guys, I'm new here an am keen to talk civics. The moment I have a problem though, I want a bodykit for my little 85 3dr, problem is I cant find any. Do I have to go the custom option? I'd really love to know if there were any existing kits made by any companies out there and if any of You out there in Civic land would know?

bumography
14-12-2004, 01:30 AM
like this?

http://www.users.on.net/~thong_linh/oldskool1.jpg

http://www.users.on.net/~thong_linh/oldskool2.jpg

toE
14-12-2004, 02:25 AM
85 model!

I reckon your fingers might have to do the searching. Unless someone here with a similar car can direct you onto the right people/places.

Pretty sure Japan or US would have off-the-shelf kits for that model, but Ozland... :(

I know this doesn't really help in your search for a bodykit, but have you tried ringing around?

Sp3rMz
14-12-2004, 02:44 AM
Can you give us your location please. Off my head I believe I think there hardly any kits for your car sorry to say. Only thing you can go is go custom kit. Design it your self and get them to make it. Goin to cost you a bit more. In Melbourne I remember one place was offering 400 or 450 and they make you anything you want.

bumography
14-12-2004, 03:08 AM
oh yea..the picture i posted happens to be a 1985 JDM Honda Civic Si powered by a ZC Brown top.

mytoycivic
14-12-2004, 09:18 AM
that kit makes the gen3 look great!! i love it!

Civic Type R
14-12-2004, 12:05 PM
hell yeah.
I used to have the 87 grand prix model EW i think it was called. - same shape.
yesterday, Vic [vti-2] and i saw a white one of these with a half mugen aero kit on it and it actually looked half decent. Unfortnuately, it was driving past us in the opposite direction so we couldnt photograph it.

Sash
14-12-2004, 07:39 PM
:honda:
Thankyou all for ur comments.. Just hoping that i dont have to go down the custom route as I'm trying to do this relatively inexpensively if I can. certainly more dollars for custom kits.