PDA

View Full Version : auto to manual conversions for ludes

GReY_CVC
14-12-2004, 01:05 AM
does anyone know how much manual conversions are for ludes??? including labour???

thanks if anone does

toE
14-12-2004, 01:48 AM
Generally, they cost roughly $2000, parts and labour.

Hope that helps. :)

GReY_CVC
14-12-2004, 10:56 AM
does it go more expensive than that with short shifter.. and heavy duty clutch etc...??

thanks...

[stealth]
14-12-2004, 12:26 PM
wot model prelude to begin with would be nice?

:)

Blew_lude
14-12-2004, 01:15 PM
just plus with ur auto box like its manual.!!
same shit..=)

kenshin
14-12-2004, 01:19 PM
does it go more expensive than that with short shifter.. and heavy duty clutch etc...??

thanks...
of course... once u using more expensive parts its logical that the price will go up...

the installer wont drop his labour costs... lol

redliner
14-12-2004, 01:25 PM
why the hassel of conversion.. why not buy a manual?

GReY_CVC
15-12-2004, 01:10 AM
because im thinking of buying a vtec prelude... and there's an auto one.. ive bargained a bit with him and i think he mite let it go for 9000.....

Sp3rMz
15-12-2004, 03:36 AM
I think thats a stupid Idea. Auto should remain auto and manual should remain manual. I think you should wait around and just find your self a manual car. Or buy auto lude and get ur self a shift kit.

16CTEG
07-01-2005, 09:18 PM
put it this way a auto to manual conversion isn't easy by any means! first u need manual gearbox u also need clutch master cylinder, u need clutch line/piping whateva it's called clutch sleeve the gear box but gearbox shoukd coem with clutch sleeve. ahhh u need the clutch pedal and modify it to if if it doesn't already have a thing there ready for easy conversion but i very much doubt it does being a auto out of factory also need the manual gear stick. gearstick boot all manual rods that rum fron gear know to gear box whatev a they are called! ahhh u need a few other things i forget!!! hopw i hlped u then but i mgiht of just cnfused u! but that to mee soudns like it'd be more than $2000 easy.... especially at my ...work where we charged $88 for labour. my ...work ur lookngi at at least $4000.. thats a rough estimate off the top of my head but $4000 is what i thinkk the lowest it could possinly be most like around $5000 purely cos my work has expensive labour!
oh yeah u also might need a clucth! i dunno abotu flywheel i don't thnik:confused: i need that!!! but i dont know anything aobut auto's really! so i dcouldn't tell u that! only ever really cared a bout studying manuals

azjs
09-01-2005, 11:20 AM
$5000? It will be expensive, but it won't cost THAT much... you could get a completed conversion with transmission swap AND an uprated clutch for that price.

Auto VTiR for $9K? For that much, I'm assuming its a 92-96 4th gen correct? If it is, then you're most probably looking at a jap spec here also, that features a lot of things the aus spec preludes do not have. If its a 5th gen, for -$9K-, then I'd be looking long and hard as to why its so cheap!

-az