PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Need Guide on Rims Shopping.

euroRwannabe
13-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Hello again from the noob guys.

OK, i'm interested in saving up for a new set of 18" rims from my local Wheels Dealer called "The Tyre Factory".

I emailed their company for a pricing quote for the set that i was interested in getting, now they said that they are willing to do a limited time, online deal of $280 per Wheel (280x4=$1180) , or a Special Pack of $2150 which includes New Sumitomo HTR ZIII 225/40/18 tyres with installation and wheel alignment.

Forgive me if this is wrong, but I was really shocked when i saw how expensive it was.
I'm here to question.
If i were to turn down the package and get the 4 Wheels by itself ($1180) and go to a local mechanic to install it, will that be more of a benefit for me? Or is it better to go straight for the "Special Package"?

Another doubt i have is, if i do get the set rims by itself, do i need to buy a new set of tyres that need to be compatible with the 18" rims? Or can i just use my old tyres.

Thanks Heaps to Everyone Who Contributes.

felixd
13-04-2010, 11:39 PM
pics of the wheels please :)

euroRwannabe
13-04-2010, 11:47 PM
http://www.actiontyres.com.au/ProductImg/Wheels/Speedy/Passenger/INFERNO%20Machined%20Black.jpg

there's a link to a picture of it, but not from the tyre factory website, it coincedently crashed just now for some odd reason.

DIM51M
14-04-2010, 12:20 AM
check tempetyre.com.au. pretty sure they deliver to melb

euroRwannabe
14-04-2010, 12:52 AM
Do they deliver the tyres as well as the wheels in a whole package?

raffyboy
14-04-2010, 09:25 AM
dang.. wanna buy my 19 HP Designs? i want to get a new wheels with mesh+Dish

euroRwannabe
14-04-2010, 10:41 AM
LOL, i don't think you have the privaledge to sell yet, admin's gonna tell you off for that.

raffyboy
14-04-2010, 02:15 PM
I know i got told once lol I regret posting that too :( anyway i want new set of wheels

natnat
15-04-2010, 11:22 PM
check tempetyre.com.au. pretty sure they deliver to melb

i bought a set of 18 from Tempe before, but not too happy with their service though. they do cheap package (and crappy kumho tyres), but you get what you pay for. and once you have paid and left, don't expect any good service if you return with any problem.

raffyboy
16-04-2010, 10:13 AM
i bought a set of 18 from Tempe before, but not too happy with their service though. they do cheap package (and crappy kumho tyres), but you get what you pay for. and once you have paid and left, don't expect any good service if you return with any problem.

that sux aye

raffyboy
16-04-2010, 10:15 AM
if i can get a good camber arms and can flair or roll my guards
im getting a good wide deep dished wheels from St george Rambo

with 18x8.5 front with +30
18x9.5 back with +30

hahaha lol it will be good and adjust coils and dump it

tony1234
16-04-2010, 03:19 PM
You're not the 1st.person i've heard that from.Nooooo to Tempe Tyres.

natnat
16-04-2010, 03:37 PM
You're not the 1st.person i've heard that from.Nooooo to Tempe Tyres.

never again... i ended up getting a new set of Enkei PF01 from Autotechnik now. go with quality stuff, or you will spend twice, but it's up to your budget and taste.

euro_tr4sh
16-04-2010, 08:15 PM

OK, i'm interested in saving up for a new set of 18" rims from my local Wheels Dealer called "The Tyre Factory".

I emailed their company for a pricing quote for the set that i was interested in getting, now they said that they are willing to do a limited time, online deal of $280 per Wheel (280x4=$1180) , or a Special Pack of $2150 which includes New Sumitomo HTR ZIII 225/40/18 tyres with installation and wheel alignment.

Forgive me if this is wrong, but I was really shocked when i saw how expensive it was.
I'm here to question.
If i were to turn down the package and get the 4 Wheels by itself ($1180) and go to a local mechanic to install it, will that be more of a benefit for me? Or is it better to go straight for the "Special Package"?

Another doubt i have is, if i do get the set rims by itself, do i need to buy a new set of tyres that need to be compatible with the 18" rims? Or can i just use my old tyres.

what size rims are on your car already? if theyre not 18's they wont fit for one, and they need to be the right width as well, not rocket science... and why would you pay a mechanic to put wheels on your car? jack it up, take wheel off, put new wheel on, repeat 3 more times on remaining wheels

natnat
16-04-2010, 09:26 PM

I'm here to question.

remember if you are on stock suspension / spring, 18" will look weird. you would need to lower the car if you want to have the look.

rodericb
17-04-2010, 03:45 PM

I'm here to question.

That price is pretty cheap for a set of 18" wheels and tyres. To get decent wheels and tyres you could spend at least twice that amount. If $2000 for the lot is what you want to spend I'd be inclined to go for their special package as they'll put the tyres onto the wheels, balance them (important!) and put them onto your car (with a wheel alignment too!), for the price they've quoted. Unless you get some second hand wheels and tyres set from someone on this site.

Assuming you have the standard wheels, you will need some 18" tyres to go onto those new 18" wheels. Your mechanic won't be able to re-use your old tyres if they're not already 18" in diameter at least (there's also the width of the tyre versus the wheel to think about too).

aaronng
17-04-2010, 04:23 PM
what size rims are on your car already? if theyre not 18's they wont fit for one, and they need to be the right width as well, not rocket science... and why would you pay a mechanic to put wheels on your car? jack it up, take wheel off, put new wheel on, repeat 3 more times on remaining wheels
18" will fit since the tyre size being used is 225/40 R18. It depends on the offset. If it is +55 offset, it will fit even with lowering. If it is +42 offset, the front might rub against the guard if lowered.

raffyboy
19-04-2010, 10:57 AM
18" will fit since the tyre size being used is 225/40 R18. It depends on the offset. If it is +55 offset, it will fit even with lowering. If it is +42 offset, the front might rub against the guard if lowered.

what about if you rolled the front guards?