PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Securing Vibrating Rear Brake Light in Parcel Tray

benji84
14-04-2010, 01:07 AM
I've had a new audio system installed in my CL9 Luxury a few months back, with a 12" sub in the boot, and at certain frequencys of bass there is an INTENSE LOUD rattling/vibrating coming from the rear. Its been driving me insane for months, its gotten to the point where i cant even enjoy the music coz i listen for the sound instead of the music.

Ive finally isolated the problem after hours of sticking foam in every nook and cranny and feeling for vibrating parts in the boot without success, and it seems to be coming from inside the rear brake light in the parcel tray. I accidently snapped the clips holding the plastic surrounding the brake light inside the cabin and inside that surrounding is another silver piece of plastic or metal that is very loose but i dont want to brake any more clips by forcing access to it.

Does anyone know how to get inside there? I dont know where to start when it comes to dismantling the parcel tray. I cant see any scews or bolts in the boot. Do you have to remove the interior of the c pillars?

Thanks.