PDA

View Full Version : coolant loss

leeman
14-04-2010, 10:20 AM
I was losing coolant faster than usual and had a quick look underneath the car. Found traces of coolant where shift links meets gear box and alittle above aswell. Where could this be leaking from?

markismaximus
14-04-2010, 08:22 PM
I was losing coolant faster than usual and had a quick look underneath the car. Found traces of coolant where shift links meets gear box and alittle above aswell. Where could this be leaking from?

could be one of the several coolant lines that are around the intake manifold at the back of the motor. Even though I have no idea what car this is on?????

lines to/from the heating unit.

Get a torch and look

leeman
14-04-2010, 08:57 PM
turns out my bro didnt put clamps on properly for a couple of hoses when he put injen intake in. So was leaking out bit by bit, only when driven. All good.

markismaximus
15-04-2010, 12:44 PM
turns out my bro didnt put clamps on properly for a couple of hoses when he put injen intake in. So was leaking out bit by bit, only when driven. All good.

if the intake had been replaced recently wouldn't that be the first place you looked????? isn't that logical

leeman
15-04-2010, 04:56 PM
if the intake had been replaced recently wouldn't that be the first place you looked????? isn't that logical

no it wasn't placed recently. Has been in for a few months. Didnt notice coolant loss because was only small amounts at a time.

string
16-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Smack him on the side of the head for being lazy; it rarely pays off.

beeza
16-04-2010, 02:23 PM

An assholes comment mate.Last time I checked we were free from them on Ozhonda.Take it somewhere else!

markismaximus
16-04-2010, 05:27 PM
An assholes comment mate.Last time I checked we were free from them on Ozhonda.Take it somewhere else!

Thanks Brett, will keep that in mind.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm trying to convey the importance of logical sequence. If something is playing up on your car and its been modified by either yourself or someone else that would be the first thing to check. Or atleast post, "In the last 6 months I've modified X, and now this is happening. Could they be related?"

grifty
16-04-2010, 10:49 PM
problem is sloved, now stop fighting u big girls!!!

beeza
18-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Thanks Mark no worries mate!