PDA

View Full Version : Driver's seat height

whitey5759
15-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Hi!

I have a 2006 Honda Accord Euro Luxury which I picked up last week. Now, apart from the electronic adjustments you can make to the seat (using the controls on the right side), does anybody know if there is a way to get the seat even lower? I'm a really tall person and a little more head clearance is what I'm seeking!

Has anybody ever done this or does anybody have any suggestions? Can you drop the seat in the brackets it sits in or something like that? I'm after any information or suggestions!

HunterZero
15-04-2010, 12:06 PM
I have the same car and have a similar issue with not much clearance over my head. The reason is not only because the driver's seat is powered and is a bit higher, but also the roof lining is lower due to the sunroof.

I haven't looked into modifying the seat to lower it, because it's not that bad for me, so can't help you there.

- HZ

raffyboy
15-04-2010, 12:19 PM
open the sunroof if you have one (problem solve lol)

What about changing rails? reckon that will work?

whitey5759
15-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Well yeah I'm wondering if I can change the rails. But what to?

Could you do something like find the point where the chair bolts to the thing that slides on the rails and drill the holes down so the chair sits lower?

whitey5759
15-04-2010, 12:31 PM
I have the same car and have a similar issue with not much clearance over my head. The reason is not only because the driver's seat is powered and is a bit higher, but also the roof lining is lower due to the sunroof.

I haven't looked into modifying the seat to lower it, because it's not that bad for me, so can't help you there.

- HZ

Does ya hair brush against the roof lining like mine?!

HunterZero
15-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Does ya hair brush against the roof lining like mine?!

Almost. Only if I have a bad hair day.

- HZ

whitey5759
16-04-2010, 08:31 AM
Could I buy a manual seat and have the outer leather cover swapped? I have no idea where to get such a seat though :(

ryan19
16-04-2010, 11:41 AM
iv got a euro luxury with sun roof and im 6ft 1 and my seat is low as possable and iv got heaps of head room??

whitey5759
16-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Lucky you, I'm 6ft 5 :)

npcan2
19-04-2010, 08:32 PM
I'm almost 6ft 6 and my hair brushes the roof just next to the sunroof!
Its a bitch cos I end up slouching in the seat, but then i get a sore back...
sigh..

SPQR
25-04-2010, 07:55 PM
It would be illegal to modify the seat/mounts. Honda's are not the roomiest of cars and having a sunroof in any car doesn't help the tall. I'm 5' 11 3/4 with no headroom problems & no sunroof but I would dearly like more rearward travel on the seat so that I don't have to keep my legs bent and my ankles twisted to use the pedals.

Why is it that Japanese cars never have enough rearward seat travel and yet you can push the seat almost up against the steering wheel? What a waste.

euromandeluxe
25-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Why is it that Japanese cars never have enough rearward seat travel and yet you can push the seat almost up against the steering wheel? What a waste.

because japanese people are small :)