PDA

View Full Version : Sad day

Qld_ODC
15-04-2010, 07:33 PM
I live in Roma in Qld and on the 2nd of March this year the town had its worse recorded flood.
The Ody got a bit more than just it's feet wet but I thought it would be ok with the water halfway up the wheels and only deep enough inside to be the same height as the floor mats.

Got it off to the panelbeaters straight away and they stripped, cleaned and dried the interior.

They gave it back with the speakers not making any sound but the head unit working and a shrug. (Oh and extra noise from the drive belt/alternator)

So I took it to Toowoomba to the Honda dealer.

They pulled it apart and took make a long story short, found about $13,000 worth of work needing to be done. SRS sensors, seatbelt pretensioners, wiring looms, the amp for the stereo, engine control computer etc etc

So the insurance company has written it off and the tow truck comes next week to take it away. :(

AusAccord
15-04-2010, 09:36 PM
oh no mate, really say to hear..... may be its time to move forward for a RB3

evolution
15-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Sorry to hear that, but hey it's covered by insurance and as Aus said, you can move on to a RB3

Qld_ODC
16-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Yeah, thought about the RB3. Also thought about getting another RB2 but in the end decided, seeing as we are a bit 'out west' and will be for a while to get a softroader.

Settled on a 08 Mazda CX-9 Luxury

Dont' hate me for it!

Oh, will have a set of Honda cross rails and a full set of black floor mats for sale if anyone's looking....

AusAccord
16-04-2010, 01:17 PM
CX-9 is nice, just the tyre cost too much to replace....

beeza
16-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Damn,a flood aye!!

That musta been some heavy rain man.

7 years ago the garage in the units I was staying in got flooded.Water was just over the front seats in my suzuki swift with 'sports exhaust' lol

I had no insurance,car was stuffed,I got $50 from a wrecker for it.

It was after that that I took a car loan out to buy my Honda.That was almost 5 years ago now,1 payment to go on it!

About friggin' time.

Atjo
19-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Sorry to hear that and CX-9 is the best replacement IMO as i CX-9 was my second choice from RB1.

Qld_ODC
21-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Picked up the CX9 from Gladstone on Monday.

A lot firmer ride than the Ody (mine was std)...but also a lot more power.
Need to remember to not keep it flat to the floor when overtaking trucks :cool:
Very impressed with the quality in the Mazda.

Ody went off on a tow truck this afternoon : (