PDA

View Full Version : Just bought 92 Civic GL

egb16b
15-04-2010, 08:03 PM
I just bought a 92 eg civic hatch. :D

Its silver, manual, done about 195xxxkms.
Its a one owner vehicle owned by a lady with FULL log book service from Honda. Comes with all receipts from the last 5 years. Including 200k service and changed timing belt.

Its in really good condition, drives sweeet.

Picked it up for 3.8k on road.

the last service which included the timing belt was done late last year so im gonna give it a good service myself.

I was thinking changing the oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter. Its got new leads on there already. I'll check the spark plugs see if they need changing. Gonna change the gearbox oil. And give it a nice detail.

Anybody reckon i should do anything else??

riruiz_88
15-04-2010, 08:31 PM
water pump, tappet adjustment, clutch/brake fluid flush, power steering fluid flush.
and not relating the engine, check all the bushes. especially the rear trailing arm.
hope this helps you out abit man :thumbsup:

pablos8
17-04-2010, 09:35 AM
hey man, I just got a 92 EG GL as well, are you doing the maintenance yourself? If so I'd love to drop by and learn some stuff about how to service it etc

egb16b
20-04-2010, 08:51 AM
yeah im doing the service this weekend. water pump was changed during the timing belt. tappets are fine. i'll flush all fluids during the service.

i might check the suspension though that sounds good.

as for pablos8.. im in melbourne so if you feel like a drive in your new car.. come down i'm more then happy to help. lol

hows your car anyway?? happy with the purchase?

pablos8
20-04-2010, 06:33 PM
bah im in sydney >_<
yeah man heaps happy with the purchase, the previous owner did a full service I just wanted to learn some stuff so I could do it myself next time,
now I'm just waiting for the engine conversion! :)