PDA

View Full Version : clutch/gearbox issues?

L-Plates
17-04-2010, 02:27 AM
hey guys,

just picked up a EG with a b16a in it. the car was fine for the first few days of owning it. but tonight after a good 50kms of driving the clutch seemed to be playing up.

whilst driving to shift gears i push the clutch in all the way and it will not let me place it into any gear apart from 4th. the friction point before was right at the top so im hoping its just the clutch that needs to be replaced. at times i am able to put it in other gears but only on rare occasions.

When in 1st gear i release the clutch slowly to get the car rolling and the whole cabin just shakes, i tried to start in 2nd gear and it takes awhile for the clutch to grip and you can feel the car shake a little until it grips and starts moving

does anyone know what might be wrong with the car?

thanks in advance

ajbm
17-04-2010, 02:42 AM
since you've just got the car, why not service the gearbox, and change oil first,
if it still does what U mentioned earlier, your gears are probably gone, and clutch worn.

bennjamin
17-04-2010, 07:30 AM
Josh

bleed the clutch line itself. It is a hydraulic line that , if old / dirty / full of air pockets - heat /use can alter it's functioning.
Come over I'll change it for free mate

L-Plates
17-04-2010, 09:09 AM
When can u do it ben? Give me a buzz

L-Plates
18-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Ok so now when I drive it struggles to get into gear whilst driving. But if I'm at a red light and stationary and I push the clutch in I can get it into all gears. What I also realized is if when I'm driving and I'm roughly at 4000rpm if I push the clutch in the revs won't drop like it should. I can feel the clutch slipping and tryin to grip in 1st and 2nd gear, normal take off.
When driving it's hard to get into gear. I have to push/pump the clutch in and out for it to get into gear. The friction point seems to be changing alot aswell

I haven't bled the lines as Im not to sure how. I'm hoping it's just s clutch replacement and nothing major. Gearbox still feels fine. No crunching and gears don't slip out.

sugz
18-04-2010, 11:59 PM
could be your clutch itself/ MC

try bleeding the fluid first and see how it goes