PDA

View Full Version : Anyone take their Jazz to Track??

lovesil
14-12-2004, 07:41 PM
Hey Guys,

As the title says, do anyone take their jazz to Track and how do they perform on Track? Can jazz be made into Track friendly??

spoon fit
14-12-2004, 07:57 PM
i think "tony" from Brisbane

DavidLing
14-12-2004, 10:27 PM
Yes! i heard Tony race his Jazz in Queesland Racing Track, Brisbane!
And i heard someone said he won Type R!!!!!! but really not sure the info is correct or not!!!

TypeG
14-12-2004, 11:10 PM
lol
all depends on driver
track day organise by HK ppl
an echo won typeR as well and SpecR Jazz as well

tonmasi
15-12-2004, 01:22 PM
lol
all depends on driver
track day organise by HK ppl
an echo won typeR as well and SpecR Jazz as wellI ageed with TypeG. I used to go to Qld Racyway with Tony with my Jazz. But he kicked my ass.... so I guess its a depends on skills. However, I think its also depends on other factors such as tyres, brakes on his and the other racer's car.:D (Tony has always had better tyres and brake than me (what an excuse...:D ) :cool: ).

But its true that Tony's lap time is faster some of the other monsters (such as WRX, DC2R, skyline..etc) on QR.

Have you guy watched the Hot Version VTEC Club Vol. 1?? They said because of Jazz's strong chasis, it has a great potential to be used as a pure sport car :thumbsup: .

:honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda: :honda:

baboo
15-12-2004, 02:33 PM
yeah, you wouldn't want to mess with Tony

muli
15-12-2004, 06:20 PM
from what ive heard is to see tony race around QR is unbelievable

spoon fit
15-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Have you guy watched the Hot Version VTEC Club Vol. 1?? They said because of Jazz's strong chasis, it has a great potential to be used as a pure sport car :thumbsup: .

no, where u bought it from?

Tony
15-12-2004, 09:57 PM
Hi. I take my Jazz to the track regularly to compete with other cars and the results has been really good so far. I've still got some in-car racing video in my computer, if anyone is interested I'm happy to host those videos online for a couple of days. They were filmed back in January and March this year though coz my DV has been stolen after a race event in March :(

So far, I have beaten some Civic Vti-R(on slick tyres), WRX, Skyline Gts-t, Altezza(on slick tyres), Integra Type R(on slicks), 300ZX, stripped 1.6 Alfa Romeo(on slicks), BMW 325i, stripped AE86(roll cage and slicks), Accord Euro.. and more.. so I guess if you have prepared your car well for track racing, the Jazz is still very competitive. :thumbsup:

asiansquad
15-12-2004, 10:01 PM
i'm interested in watching your videos..

also..what mods have you done to your jazz??

MRFIT
15-12-2004, 10:19 PM
yes.... video please.... thanx in advance...

tonmasi
16-12-2004, 12:13 AM
i'm interested in watching your videos..

also..what mods have you done to your jazz??

Let me answer this question (if u don't mind tony :wave: ).
I think he has mugen brake rotor, endless brake pad, spoon bars, Trust airfilter. SAFCII, 15" Works Emotion CR (in white colour), and runs on A048 tyres on track.

I guess thats about it right, tony? :confused:

tonmasi
16-12-2004, 12:14 AM
no, where u bought it from?

I've bought it from hong kong

asiansquad
16-12-2004, 06:20 AM
Let me answer this question (if u don't mind tony :wave: ).
I think he has mugen brake rotor, endless brake pad, spoon bars, Trust airfilter. SAFCII, 15" Works Emotion CR (in white colour), and runs on A048 tyres on track.

I guess thats about it right, tony? :confused:
how much would all that cost?

baboo
16-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Which Accord Euro tony?

you won't beat mine!!:p

Hi. I take my Jazz to the track regularly to compete with other cars and the results has been really good so far. I've still got some in-car racing video in my computer, if anyone is interested I'm happy to host those videos online for a couple of days. They were filmed back in January and March this year though coz my DV has been stolen after a race event in March :(

So far, I have beaten some Civic Vti-R(on slick tyres), WRX, Skyline Gts-t, Altezza(on slick tyres), Integra Type R(on slicks), 300ZX, stripped 1.6 Alfa Romeo(on slicks), BMW 325i, stripped AE86(roll cage and slicks), Accord Euro.. and more.. so I guess if you have prepared your car well for track racing, the Jazz is still very competitive. :thumbsup:

tonmasi
16-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Which Accord Euro tony?

I think he is talking about the patrick dude....:cool:

muli
16-12-2004, 05:51 PM
Which Accord Euro tony?

best time around the track, i take it we are talking about QR

spoon fit
16-12-2004, 10:14 PM
I've bought it from hong kong
this one, right?
http://www.bestmotoring.jp/digest/CLUB/img/vc01_01.jpg

FB008
17-12-2004, 07:59 PM
I'm interested to see how the Jazz goes on the race track... but I don't know if it is such a good idea because I just got new tyres put into the car and im stingy at the moment.... Oh well... maybe some day :)

vtc
17-12-2004, 08:14 PM
What sort of times are we talking about at QR? and on which course.

muli
18-12-2004, 09:18 AM
was it either 61sec or 66secs, not sure which track. I think that 61sec was centrax type-r

Tony
18-12-2004, 11:30 AM
What sort of times are we talking about at QR? and on which course.
I did 65.005 seconds on the sprint track, and I'm still using stock suspension and stock intake/exhaust, plus there's a heavy ass sound system at the back of the car too (3 amps, 0 gauge and 2 gauge cables all the way, dunno how much it weights but it's damn heavy..)

With a good suspension system and a slight tweak to the power(intake/exhaust), I think the Jazz can hit 64 seconds without any problems.

lovesil
19-12-2004, 06:03 PM
Hey Tony! Does your Jazz still have the drum brake at the rear? In my opinion, rear brake is really not enough for any track, hence poor track time! I'm thinking of getting a jazz, which can run at tracks! Therefore any good advise for me?

muli
19-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Hey Tony! Does your Jazz still have the drum brake at the rear? In my opinion, rear brake is really not enough for any track, hence poor track time! I'm thinking of getting a jazz, which can run at tracks! Therefore any good advise for me?
so your saying tony's track time is poor?

lovesil
19-12-2004, 09:04 PM
hmmm....not really! I'm just saying via Theory! In anyway, i'm from NSW! Therefore have no idea how quick is quick in QR!

muli
20-12-2004, 05:08 PM
hmmm....not really! I'm just saying via Theory! In anyway, i'm from NSW! Therefore have no idea how quick is quick in QR!
well theory and practice is like comparing apples and oranges

Andys
21-12-2004, 07:32 AM
IMO there's really nothing wrong with the rear brakes on the jazz. I convinced myself of this while driving extremely hard up and down a mountain pass late one night; it seemed most of the work was done by the fronts.

tonmasi
22-12-2004, 01:36 PM
yes, he is still using drum brake on track:honda:

Jus-10
23-12-2004, 08:12 PM
Please don't start the issue of drum vs disc brakes again...upgrade your shoes in your drums and you will have more than sufficient braking. Don't believe me? Look at what Spoon use on their endurance racing Fit, or look at what Tony uses.

I will be heading to WSID for some quarter mile runs in the new year once I get a few more things sorted, and I will be heading down to Wakefield for a run when I can tag along with the Bel Garage guys

vtc
23-12-2004, 08:46 PM
how much are better "shoes" normally?

TypeG
24-12-2004, 01:02 AM
LOL
Tony use it for track but never mean to be seriously on it or having a really good result
it is all depends how serious you are and what is yr further mod.
if u said u will get fully modify or even turbo kit, u NEED it
if normal exhuast and rims like Jus did, front one with good pads will do
Do a search on this topic is the best way coz some people still dun think rear disc is better than drum