PDA

View Full Version : What did you do with your high kms type R?

munkaii
20-04-2010, 10:15 AM
A question for those of you out there that own high km integra type Rs. I'm in the market for an ITR but by the looks of things I'll be putting 15-20000 kms on it each year and knowing how important mileage in on cars like these, I've considered purchasing a higher km ITR and driving it out til it hits 250+ks. For those that have owned/sold high kms type Rs, did you decide to keep it and drive it extensively or did you manage to sell it off and if so, did you get much back from it?

Cheers
Kevin

ewendc2r
20-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Meh -- If you don't mind putting oil in it reguarly, and doing some DIY maintenance re: bushings etc .. then go for it.

I will never sell mine - I will keep pouring money into it as it needs - It deserves it.

r3ckless
20-04-2010, 02:44 PM
swap cluster?

EK1.6LCIV
20-04-2010, 02:55 PM
lol at third response, (so easy to do, which is why immaculate records must be present if I buy cars, log books, etc)

just service it like any other car and keep records, receipts for any and all work done, bit of a hard parked car usually but most should have resonable miles on them now as per age, don't know of many apart from the mate near my work who drive them as much as other run of the mill Hondas (base/gli/vti model egs, eks, etc)

b4dnuf
20-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Just maintain it. they are good engines if u drive sensibly and give it regular check ups.

dc2r
20-04-2010, 06:08 PM
A question for those of you out there that own high km integra type Rs. I'm in the market for an ITR but by the looks of things I'll be putting 15-20000 kms on it each year and knowing how important mileage in on cars like these, I've considered purchasing a higher km ITR and driving it out til it hits 250+ks. For those that have owned/sold high kms type Rs, did you decide to keep it and drive it extensively or did you manage to sell it off and if so, did you get much back from it?

Cheers
Kevin

I put that many kms on mine on average in a year... I don't see why that would be a problem though? I service mine every 5000kms and a car is made to be driven. Its sometimes better to drive a car than to leave it un-driven in your garage... An average car travels 30,000kms a year anyway so 15-20k is still below average.

Once my motor fails in another 10 years or so... I'll think about an engine swap...

thegame888
20-04-2010, 07:08 PM
They were meant to be driven, not just to sit around in garages. Just enjoy it!

ekvtec
21-04-2010, 10:34 PM
They were meant to be driven, not just to sit around in garages. Just enjoy it!

best reply i heard (Y)

thegame-01
22-04-2010, 12:57 PM
best reply i heard (Y)

x2 with that

anfernee0525
07-05-2010, 12:10 AM
My fd bought a white s15 spec r back in 03 brand new, just been driven for 25000 kms. prestine condition, and serviced by nissan more than 10 time for the past 8 years lol.
When i sit in his car, still have the new car smeell.... no joking !
But i do agree car 's for driven, not to be just sitting around.