PDA

View Full Version : DC5r - Battery or imoboliser ?

WuackR
20-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Guys,

I have an issue with either my immoboliser or my battery (i'm not quite certain), well here's the issue - As I enter my car and about to turn it on, the car decides to shut down. Shut down as in the car won't start, lights won't go on, keys won't lock the car itself, car won't do jack.

However, this only occurs randomly. It usually takes 3-10mins to start the car again..

Any ideas whether it's the battery or the immoboliser ? :confused:

aaronng
20-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Get the battery tested first. That is easiest to do.

xntrik
20-04-2010, 07:31 PM
This happens to my daily driven Camry, recently.
It turns out that the positive cable on the battery is loose, So I remounted it and its been good since then.

Same indicators as yours, car won't spark, nothing turns on, everything's off, like it literally died.
So dude, you might want to check that out and make sure your battery's terminals are mounted properly before replacing it.

As far as I know if its the immobilizer the car's electronic should still work, but won't start or crank. (correct me if I'm wrong here).

If worst comes to worst and its not the battery terminal's then you might want to check your relays!

Let me know how it goes first!

WuackR
21-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Aaronng - I might have to do so during the weekend.

xntrik - by what you explained, I don't think its the immobilizer. The car shuts down like everything's off - car won't spark, nothing turns on, everything's off, like it literally died. As what you said - the immobilizer will still allow the electronics to work atleast but it's not =(

I will check the battery during the weekend and see how it goes.

Thanks for the help guys. =)

ddcc55rr
21-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Get the battery tested first. That is easiest to do.

This has happen to me... Turns out it was my spark plugs.

Check the battery first as everyone has stated, I would recommend to check spark plugs next

xntrik
21-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Aaronng - I might have to do so during the weekend.

xntrik - by what you explained, I don't think its the immobilizer. The car shuts down like everything's off - car won't spark, nothing turns on, everything's off, like it literally died. As what you said - the immobilizer will still allow the electronics to work atleast but it's not =(

I will check the battery during the weekend and see how it goes.

Thanks for the help guys. =)

I was ruling out that it wasn't the immobilizer. D:

WuackR
21-04-2010, 07:55 PM
I was ruling out that it wasn't the immobilizer. D:

Yeh I got ya. I think I just worded my sentence different =\
My bad. =P