PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Power gains

npcan2
20-04-2010, 04:29 PM
I just thought i'd share my power gains with all euro owners and anyone who is interested in modding their euro so they can get an idea of what to expect.

Performance:
1st mod was an Injen CAI, pretty standard so I won't go on about it. Love the racy sound and gave some very nice power gains up top.

2nd mod was el cheapo top speed headers with a high flow cat. To say the least, I was pretty disappointing when I put these on. The car felt a little more torquey in the mid range, but I would probably say my 0-100 time was unaffected.

3rd mod ECU. I basically decided that the headers were probably not using the their full potential due to the lack of aftermarket engine management. I had a look into K-Proing my car, but it seemed a little costly. I also looked into a reflash, but I didn't like that I couldn't revert it to stock when I wanted to. So I looked further into the piggyback option, and it came down to Greddy e-manage or Haltech Platinum Interceptor. I ended up buying a haltech as I got a good deal for one off ebay.

I 've recently had my car tuned at Chasers here in Melbourne (Great place, highly recommend :thumbsup:), and I am super happy with the results! The car feels completely different in a good way! The power delivery is really smooth throughout the rev range!
Attached is a photo of my dyno from before and after the tune. And apparently the chasers dyno reads low!

Once again, just thought i'd share with everyone!

racerwannabe
20-04-2010, 06:06 PM
That's not too bad but at the last euro dyno day at toda a stock euro pulled 117kw. Although it's not a very accurate comparison given there done on different dynos.

sodaz
20-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Those are nice gains. Stock Euros typically make 105kw atw (Manual). What version of the interceptor did you get and what harness was required btw?