PDA

View Full Version : Weapon R header

x10Hz
20-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Anyone know if you can replace the test pip with a cat in for the weapon r header. anyone have any experience with them? (quality/gains/problems?)

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WEAPON-R-SS-RACE-HEADER-EXHAUST-04-05-ACURA-TSX-NEW_W0QQitemZ300395332146QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors _Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item45f0f50232

felixd
20-04-2010, 10:32 PM
need to mod the flange . and reposition the hangers. with the pricing wise it is a bang for buck mod for race header

x10Hz
20-04-2010, 10:37 PM
is that costly to do? it modding the flange done to fit a cat to this?

felixd
20-04-2010, 10:48 PM
is that costly to do? it modding the flange done to fit a cat to this?

should be easy fix :) wont be alot new flange should cost u around $20 mark

x10Hz
20-04-2010, 10:51 PM
sweet, thanks heaps =D

CHUBZ
10-06-2010, 11:13 AM
do you know what kind of gains you will get with this header?

felixd
10-06-2010, 12:09 PM
good power for sure

HondaRacer
10-06-2010, 03:12 PM
It's not very good header, because there is no flexpipe :( You will get vibrations from this header.

compare with TODA which has two flexpipes:
http://www.toda-racing.co.jp/en/product/ex_mani/k24a-cl9.html

felixd
10-06-2010, 07:53 PM
chop it n weld 1 in :) problms solved

x10Hz
10-06-2010, 10:37 PM
They seem much better built than DC ones and top speed.. anyone have any real evidence to back this? Im only going on looks lol...

HondaRacer
11-06-2010, 01:37 AM
"chop it n weld 1 in problms solved"

need two, because of design :)

CHUBZ
11-06-2010, 08:31 AM
I wish i could get the toda header but its hard to pay $1900 for a header, welding a flex pipe in sounds like money well spent

x10Hz
11-06-2010, 11:12 PM
will the flex pipes impact the performance of these?

tony1234
12-06-2010, 09:48 AM
will the flex pipes impact the performance of these?

No it wont but i'm sure you'll get vibration and or resonating through the cabin.

snYpz
12-06-2010, 08:21 PM
some of the tsx guys dynoed the weapon-r, you get good gains almost throughout the mid to high range. Peak whp gain was about 20whp.

No cat and also being a race header, there will be a bit of hissing. With the cat, you can weld one on the test pipe. I am sure a few of the guys here with toda did weld a cat onto it, so it doesnt smell as much also =)

Mothy0000
15-06-2010, 05:56 PM
My review

Weapon*R Racing Development

Quality:
as you guys have seen from the picture i posted up a few pages before, the quality looks very good. Well i know nothing about wielding so if anyone can tell about the quality feel free to do so.

Price:
So when you buy the headers, it comes with test pipe. i bought it for US$600 and shipping is around US$150ish. So that just around $1k mark, which i think is a very good price for us CL9s.

Choosing Headers
At the start i was planning to go with j's racing headers since price is really good and j's racing makes good quality parts but since CL7 headers will not fit our CL9 i went to look for something else. It came down to this and toda. Toda makes good power all round and obviously a more well known brand so it would have been a better choice in terms of efficiency. From what i remember WR header gives a higher HP gain at peak power but toda gives a better distribution throughout the rev range. However given toda is approximately $1k more expensive i cant justify buying it.

Fitment:
So i took it to a shop to get it installed. Was a right choice because i found out some modifications are required. Fitment wise, headers fit perfect i think. the issue is with the test pipe. I think they have the o2 sensor the other way around or something similar so modification to test pipe is required. For those who don't plan on running test pipe, you may want to reconsider getting this because this will not bolt straight on to the cat. You can get it "mated" to the cat but it's not a bolt on. If you don't want to do any modifications you may want to get something like CT engineering or DC sport.

Butt Dyno:
One of the reasons that i chose WR is because there is no loss in torque at bottom rev range. When headers are installed i dont feel any difference in the lower end. Now when you rev up to say 4.5k to 5k you will feel theres more power than stock headers. Power just keeps coming until you hit 6k. At 6k vtec comes in and now you ACTUALLY FEEL VTEC, and that feels GOOD!!! but obviously being a family car you wont expect it to rev like the CL7R.

In general, i love this product: bang for the buck? possibly.

Would be great if i can get it tuned in the future.

Don't know about hissing or vibration or resonating - i don't find hissing, as for vibration and resonance i am not sure if they are from my exhausts or the headers so i cant tell u abt tht. But i would think its due to my exhaust not the header

x10Hz
15-06-2010, 06:06 PM
sounds good to me =D
did you notice any negative for not having a cat? IE smell?

Mothy0000
15-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Maybe slightly stronger smell? nothing crazy though. It only smell stronger when i start the car in the garage and stay in there. By the way from what i remember my mech told me he has to "redo" the test pipe because its the wrong way or something. I cant exactly remember what he said but just bear in mind something has to be done before it will work.

CHUBZ
16-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the post mate, this helps alot

acura_ek1
14-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Need help. Today I went to install the weapon r headers and the mech said it was hitting the lower subframe and there's a good 3mm gap between the top gasket. Fitment is very bad

snYpz
14-09-2010, 10:41 PM
acura_ek, check on tsxclub regarding your fitment issue . I think there was something wrong with the design so people had to do a simple modification to get the fit, and i think it was the testpipe. Have a read but im not sure...

Im not sure why you have the fitment issue becuase the tsx also uses the k24, and i dont recall reading any major fitment complications. I know that if we try to fit certain cl7/k20 headers (J's racing) on our k24's, it wont clear the subframe but havnt heard much regarding the weapon-r fitment. Have a read/search and hopefully something comes up. If you got it from heeltoeauto, message Marcus as he is very helpful with these matters.

acura_ek1
15-09-2010, 12:02 AM
Thanks buddy will do...or is there a special techinique of installing these header
heres a pic of the issue anyway.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6923/img0196d.jpg

compared to a guy from tsxclub
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3652/3741087908_dc0546b1f7_b.jpg

Im thinking this could be a manufacturing fault.

snYpz
15-09-2010, 10:18 AM
ahhhhh...I have heard that the hanger was on the wrong side for some of the headers? Also most have also got a defouler extension, but Im not sure if that would have any influence to the fitment.

I suggest post on acurazine or tsxclub. There are more people there that have actually intalled it so would be more knowledgeable regarding this issue.
For the price, it was very worth it, so dont give up yet man! ;)

racerwannabe
27-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Hey acura_ek1 did you sort out your header fitment issue?