PDA

View Full Version : Mod Plate

96VTi-R
21-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Hey guys got defected for the second time so its time to get a mod plate, I’ve been done for my TDM X-Bar and second time was been too low, even though i didn’t change the height of the car since last time i got caught, but its not 100mm off the ground from the exhaust mani cause i got the 4-1 design header, rest of the car is more than 100mm of the ground, picky pricks lol.

Any way i just want to know where and how much it will cost for a mod plate, i need to get my seats mod plated before i get caught for them too and lose my car for 3 months, also can you mod plate HID's?

thanks guys, any info or links on mod plates would be helpful

Cheers:wave:

EK1.6LCIV
21-04-2010, 09:44 AM
remove x bar, raise height save money

seats are easy as long as they're being mounted in the oem position with all bolts intact and the right bolts and washers are used and torqued to oem specification (the use of your old bolts are fine), ensure the seat belts recoil (if they don't recoil properly replace them), ensure the bottom bolts seat to rail are of the correct tensile strength and torqued properly as well (I know the ft lb. for civics would say it but would rather you check to see if tegs are the same, will be the same torque as your seat belt anchoring points anyhow). All buckels clip in and out properly as well as the seat can move freely back and forth and slide properly. Anywhere from $100-$160 for a mod plate for seats in QLD, I know of a good bloke northside who I go to.

(most items they won't go over but in the case of a proper bloke who is by the book those points will help you, plus if it fails a mod plate inspection you still have to cough up the money anyhow just like a roadworthy.)

As for HIDs, unless you have them set up to move to road conditions electronically, in a projector housing, have a washer bottle and spray fitted to clean the headlights I wouldn't bother trying to pass it off as stock and to the best of my knowledge no one issues mod plates for them in QLD or any other state

96VTi-R
21-04-2010, 11:09 AM
cheers for the reply, I removed the X-Bar as soon as i got caught the first time and i will raise the car as soon as i get the car out of impound later this arvo

As for the seats i'm using the standard rails but i have modified them a little, i might be better of buying some standard DC2R rails just to be safe, i'm using all the same bolts and washers as oem, and the seat belts all work fine and recoil properly, so no dramas there.

Ive never had any trouble with my HID's had them on for over 2 years now, I still might be safer to just use standard bulbs if i cant get HID's mod plated.

I did a bit of research and saw that people were gettig there seats enginered is that the same as Mod plated?

EK1.6LCIV
21-04-2010, 12:12 PM
yep to get anything engineered is a mod plated item same term, you'll get a slip of paper stating all of the relevant codes and a plaque placed in your engine bay