PDA

View Full Version : Honda Integra Gearbox/Clutch problem

Greatbigbeans
22-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I have an integra dc2 vti-r

When i go over 4000 rpm in 2nd gear then shift to 3rd gear, it grinds but when i shift from 2nd to third and not revving over 4000 rpm, its fine. no crunching nothing and every other gear is fine. no problems what so ever. so pretty much when vtec engages in 2nd gear, and i shift to 3rd. it grinds (makes a GRR..GRR sound)

what would be my problem ?

2nd/3rd gear wanting to go ?

clutch ?

How would i resolve the problem ?

thanks in advance.

koevi
22-04-2010, 02:34 PM
It sounds like your Synchro's are dieing man.

Greatbigbeans
22-04-2010, 11:19 PM
would it be just my 2nd gear synchro's ?

to repair this would i need to recondition my whole gearbox ? or could i jsut fix that one gear or so ?

thanks

vtecing
23-04-2010, 09:23 AM
once u open a gear box its like opening a can of worms. You could find more worn parts that blows ur budget out of the water and theres no point putting it all back together when in the back of your mind u know somethings going to wear out again soon. Its a fairly big job removing and building a fwd gear box. My best advice would jusst be to budget for a whole rebuild. About $300 - $400

sokkie23
23-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Its your synchros/bearings going....

i had the same problem shifting from 2nd to 3rd AND 3rd to 4th...

just got a rebuild done and it was a world of problems... all the bearings including the Differential bearings were worn out...

its one of those things where you can just fix whats wrong and fix the other stuff later.... OR just get all the bearings and synchros replaced....

It cost me $1220 for all parts and labour for full rebuild... replaced ALL the bearings and synchros and cleaned up gearbox....

I live in canberra so probably more expensive than anywhere else....

My advice is, either source a second hand gearbox for cheap and get it fitted, or if you want peace of mind, just get yours rebuilt...

Buying second hand... might be "good as new" but you never know what is wrong with it whereas if you get yours rebuilt then you are guaranteed(to some extent) that its a NEW gearbox...

good luck

Greatbigbeans
23-04-2010, 11:31 PM
300-400 for a whole rebuilt ?

is this in melbourne ?

koevi
24-04-2010, 07:25 AM
i think he meant 300-400 for parts? labour alone for gearboxes are around $400-500 depending where u go