PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Idling Noise - Revs up then smoothes out repeatedly.

Chirpy_92Lude
23-04-2010, 11:27 PM
My Frieds and i were installing my new fusion sub today and because my battery was flat we had to jump start the car. Whe n we left it to charge the battery a little it started reving up and down. It was really wierd and none of us new what it was. My car is supposedly tuned by HKS whether or not its true is another thing, but if it is could that be why?

I was jsut wandering if anyone else knows what it could be?

It revs then smoothes out then revs then smoothes out all within about 2 seconds of each other.

2MPRS
24-04-2010, 12:44 AM
if that happens when u turn ur sub up it usualy means ur battery is to small and cant keep up with the power

beeza
24-04-2010, 11:33 AM
^^ Wow,true? I would believe that.

U haven't touched the Throttle body at all or the adjust the accelerator cable?

sambalam
24-04-2010, 11:34 AM
if that happens when u turn ur sub up it usualy means ur battery is to small and cant keep up with the power

if u rule that out

www.preludeaustralia.com

search for hunting or idle problems,

you'll find endless threads can be coolant, IACV needs a clean, fast idle valve, idle screw lose, and a handful of other things.

id try the battery first though

beeza
24-04-2010, 11:49 AM
^^ That's right,the TB is a tricky little thing to get ya head around at first.

It could be as simple as turning the idle down via the idle/air screw.

Try that 1st.

Anyways if U do all the below links and calibrate the tps,your car will be going great guns.

2MPRS
24-04-2010, 12:31 PM
oo and btw your weird idle noise is most likely because ur ground point for the amp isnt good try a new ground point or sand the ground point that ur using to bare metal

beeza
24-04-2010, 12:33 PM
^^ Excellent.

Chirpy_92Lude
24-04-2010, 01:04 PM
I haven't even hooked up my sub to the battery yet... We never got to finish installing it and its been like this since i got it. I might try cleaning the IACV coz i saw someone else's post on Prelude Australia that said they had problems idling and it fixed it.

beeza
24-04-2010, 01:05 PM
haha LOL

beeza
24-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Here's the links:

Clean out the IACV:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?110641-D16y4-IACV-Clean-and-Throttle-body-removal.-Revs-hunting-Look-here.&highlight=IACV+clean

If it's still eratic:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?120938-You-Have-Cleaned-the-IACV-BUT-Your-Idle-Is-Still-High-Erratic-Adjust-The-FITV.

tps:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?120191-DIY-Calibrating-the-Voltage-on-the-TPS

1996_EK_Civic
26-04-2010, 12:14 PM
remember you bought the car from a dealer... they HAVE to fix it with-in 3 months of purchase

Chirpy_92Lude
26-04-2010, 02:23 PM
nah because we got a 12 month warrentee on everything the contract says they don't have to fix it.. says it in other words but i can't remember what it exactly says

1996_EK_Civic
26-04-2010, 02:42 PM
so what you are saying it the warrenty it worthless...

Chirpy_92Lude
26-04-2010, 08:52 PM
WTF? No the warranty is for 12 months, you don't get warranty's for dealers, its just a reimbursement from whatever company the warranty is from (in my case it's an Australian Wide Warranty) of up to a certain amount when you claim something during a service or if you replace part. warranty's don't cover the dealership repairing stuff, it covers your car and then when you need something fixed you can get the money back from whatever it was that you got fixed, up to a certain amount.

So if i need a new... Air Intake for instance... I can go down to my mechanic, get a new one, then get a reimbursement afterwards to get my money back, as long as it is still within the warranty time frame.