PDA

View Full Version : d16 turbo ?

dusAn
24-04-2010, 12:29 AM
Hey guys, a wrecker offered me a turbo off a civic which is the same engine as mine d16y4 but a coupe(mines hatch), im just wondering what would i need to take off it to install it into mine other than turbo, piping, intercooler, manifolds and bov? and how can i hide it so when i get my Ps i wont attract attention or cops wont see it?

Dusan.

im.Kusuma
24-04-2010, 12:44 AM
Hey guys, a wrecker offered me a turbo off a civic which is the same engine as mine d16y4 but a coupe(mines hatch), im just wondering what would i need to take off it to install it into mine other than turbo, piping, intercooler, manifolds and bov? and how can i hide it so when i get my Ps i wont attract attention or cops wont see it?

Dusan.

No BOV's black intercooler, get some custom shield to go over your turbo, get a custom made airbox.. thats from the top of my head.. lol

dusAn
24-04-2010, 02:26 AM
No BOV's black intercooler, get some custom shield to go over your turbo, get a custom made airbox.. thats from the top of my head.. lol

wouldnt no BOV cause compression to build up in the turbo, and it has like some metal plate thats been cut and put over the airfilter and ontop of the manifolds already there but they look pretty dodgy.

V73C
24-04-2010, 03:22 AM
just source as much as you can like oil lines etc.

EK1.6LCIV
24-04-2010, 06:14 AM

markismaximus
24-04-2010, 08:35 AM

Dusan.

hmmm not sure what state you were in but isn't it illegal to drive modified cars on Ps (so definitely turbo)? in which case if you get stopped, and you most likely will unless your car is absolutely stock exterior wise aren't you just making trouble for yourself???

u mad?
24-04-2010, 11:01 AM
youre ganna get raped by the police

and insurance if you ever have to make a claim

youre still on your learners yes?

if you meant to say "and how can i hide it so when i get OFF my Ps i wont attract attention or cops wont see it?"

then disregard my post

beeza
24-04-2010, 11:28 AM
^^ As above,top post!

dusAn
24-04-2010, 02:33 PM
yeh sorry when i get off my Ps, im not risking having it on my Ps but i want to put it together and have all the parts ready. or is it better just going for a already turbod car?

beeza
24-04-2010, 02:38 PM
If it has low k's and has been kept well forsure because more than likely it will cheaper,all the issues have been dealt with,just step in and drive it!

But then again U might be the type who wishes to build it?

Need to write out ALL costs,O yes,there will be hidden costs too.

Then again,U may be rich so $$$ doesnt matter.

Because if it was me,$$$ is the issue and all answers have to take that into account FIRST.

dusAn
24-04-2010, 03:27 PM
lol moneys no real issue, im not rich im smart with my money ;)

Lukezen27
26-04-2010, 02:14 AM
lol moneys no real issue, im not rich im smart with my money ;)

Its really not that hard and quiet cheap if you do it yourself

First Setup boosted Civic D16Y1 http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?79182-GReddy-Kit-D16Y1-SOHC-VTec-E-manage-Untuned-97.5WKW-Not-Bad!!
GReddy Kit $2080 eBay USA
FMIC $150 Just Jap
FMIC Pipping $190 eBay USA
Install and boost same day $600
Total $3020

BAM! Con rod through the block, one motor down

Second Setup boosted Civic JDM B16A http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?108143-New-Project-EG5-JDM-B16A2-Boost-(56k-Modem-Warning (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?108143-New-Project-EG5-JDM-B16A2-Boost-%2856k-Modem-Warning))
Custom built
$6000 ish including the B16A i
Brought and Installed the turbo kit myself, right out on the street lol

If I could do it over I would go the engine swap first then install boost at a later date