PDA

View Full Version : Car alarm expert recommendation

blackk
25-04-2010, 01:18 AM
Hey guys,

Can someone recommend me a car alarm expert that is trustworthy and reliable who supplies and install the alarm for me in the South Eastern suburb of Melb. I need to go see one asap as my old alarm goin shit on me.

Cheers

blackk
25-04-2010, 09:27 AM
has anyone experienced steve's car alarm? http://www.stevescaralarms.com.au/specials.htm

aznstyler
27-04-2010, 06:06 AM
better off going to JB hi-fi

tazman888
06-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Daniel Gardener - Platinum Car Security platinumcarsecurity.com
Mobile: 0411 101 737

I recently updgrade my car alarm from this bloke, good price and neat skill either. Do a bit of google and you will find a lot of good feed back about him...

blackk
12-05-2010, 05:05 PM
too bad he's in nsw...

One Fighter
15-05-2010, 10:24 AM
sorry to ask a question here, but better to ask here then start a new thread with a similar question,

whats the best or very good alarm brands???

i want one that controls my central locking etc...

is steel man any good??

crazy2287
15-05-2010, 11:14 AM
I have a viper car alarm system. cost $700 inc install. I recommend viper, very good alarm system with lots of features. Full black wire job too.
Wasn't very happy with the installers though, im very finicky with my car and a lot of the stuff they did didn't sit right. It's the only thing on the car i did not do myself. if i had my time again i would have done it myself.
There is some alarm systems (ones called the gizmo, it interfaces with the factory secruity system) that you install a prepaid sim card, and you can control and receive from the cars alarm system over your phone. INC picture mms from a hidden camera (that could be used to photograph people ripping your ride off) and can run steath to the rest of the system. even if they disable the primary alarm, you can text the gizmo a code and it will shut the car down on the spot and send you at txt of the the geographical co-ordinates of the vehicles location.

If you know your way around wiring the i would recommend installing the system yourself, this gives you opportunity to hide every component of the system. if the location of the main unit is obvious all the crook as to do is rip it out and mash the like colored wires from your ign together and drive off. black wiring jobs are good but become redundant when placed right next to the unit and IGN where the black wires terminate to the color coded factory loom.

One Fighter
15-05-2010, 12:35 PM
I have a viper car alarm system. cost $700 inc install. I recommend viper, very good alarm system with lots of features. Full black wire job too.
Wasn't very happy with the installers though, im very finicky with my car and a lot of the stuff they did didn't sit right. It's the only thing on the car i did not do myself. if i had my time again i would have done it myself.
There is some alarm systems (ones called the gizmo, it interfaces with the factory secruity system) that you install a prepaid sim card, and you can control and receive from the cars alarm system over your phone. INC picture mms from a hidden camera (that could be used to photograph people ripping your ride off) and can run steath to the rest of the system. even if they disable the primary alarm, you can text the gizmo a code and it will shut the car down on the spot and send you at txt of the the geographical co-ordinates of the vehicles location.

If you know your way around wiring the i would recommend installing the system yourself, this gives you opportunity to hide every component of the system. if the location of the main unit is obvious all the crook as to do is rip it out and mash the like colored wires from your ign together and drive off. black wiring jobs are good but become redundant when placed right next to the unit and IGN where the black wires terminate to the color coded factory loom.

thats awesome, how much are the gizmo's alarm system, from what price??

i don't want to spend to much money thats all. im looking 100-200 max, just enough for everyday security system.

thanks.

crazy2287
15-05-2010, 07:48 PM
not sure dude, Most CAMs installers will sell em as far as i know. But id be guessing single unit from $400 then you need to piggyback it off a normal alarms system. as far as i know.

100-200 bucks? i dunno. you really want an alarm with a shock sensor, it needs to intercept power for the coil and starter motor solenoid, possibly fuel pump as well, be black wire and keyless entry. battery backup siren is also a good investment.

Lil Dan
16-05-2010, 11:09 AM
i would pay the extra and just go for a viper alarm. I wish I got one. I ended up with a Mongoose alarm and regret going for the Viper instead. They are sweet alarms. My brother had a mongoose one on his s14 and had problems all the time. I got one on my EG and it irritates the shit out of me. The microwave sensor is so sensitive even after tuning it down to lowest sensitivity that shadows from trees or headlights flashing through my cabin will set the car off. When i find the sensor unit, I'm just going to tear it off. Even the auto electrician that was fitting my car who sells Mongoose was like 'rip that sensor off. it's so sensitive that it will annoy the shit out of you'