PDA

View Full Version : Using a Different LOC

crinchi
25-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Hi
Just installed a sound system recently keeping the stock HU, been reading the accord forums in the states claiming how the stock headunit has an inbuilt EQ in it, lets say, runs the stock speakers in restricted frequencies so they sound nicer. To solve this they use stuff like audiocontrol DQL, rockford 3sixty to "full range it" back out etc etc... (sorry about the terms since im no audiophile)
Therefore i got 2 questions which is: Do the accord euros have the same problem or do they run on full range frequencies. If so at the moment im using a yum cha line out converter and was wondering i spent a lil more on using something like audiocontrol lc6i line out converter would it make my focal front speakers a lil more crisp cuz atm not very satisfied with teh sound and im wondering if its that. Or would i HAVE to spend big money and dump something like audiocontrol DQL where i custom EQ it etc Cuz assuming i go down that track, it seems that it might be more advantageous to spend on a fascia kit and double din

adz14
26-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Are you running the focals off an amplifier?

crinchi
26-04-2010, 07:40 PM
errrr yep lol... if i wasnt using an amp i dont think ill be asking bout a line out converter. So if u use a uber good quality line out converter like teh lc6i dunno whether if itll make a big difference

tron07
27-04-2010, 08:53 AM
lol @ yumcha LOC... is it really call yum cha?