PDA

View Full Version : CL7 Euro R Wagon?

loserpro2
25-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Hi all.

i was just browsing for information in regards to the CL7 Accord Euro R Wagon and came across this site. i registered in hoping to answer some questions i have in mind about australia's status on the CL7 Wagon.

i am currently not going to purchase a car yet, but i am hoping to build up some information about the car in the australian market so that i am aware of what to expect when i purchase or what to look at when i'm looking around.
so, um, cause i don't really know how to say it, i'll just lay out the questions hoping you guys can help me.

1) was the CL7 Wagon (Euro R version if possible) not offered in australia, and only the sedan offered?
2) was it due to the model being same/close to the American Acura TSX model?
3) then is it possible to import a CL7 Wagon from japan?
4) if not, is it because of which reasons? as in emissions or crash standards or?
5) i know that the latest Accord Euro Wagon is not sold in australia but is sold in other countries, take example japan. is it possible to import one over?

thanks for your time on these questions. your information will be greatly apreciated! :D

aaronng
26-04-2010, 12:08 AM
1) No, the wagon was not offered in Australia. If you find any, they would be private imported. There is also no EuroR version of the wagon, only sedan. The only sedan version sold in Australia was the 2.4L version (CL9). If you find a real CL7 EuroR, it would have been private imported.
2) No, Honda Australia decided to bring in the sedan only from Japan. It had nothing to do with the TSX. Back in 2003, the wagon market was shrinking.
3) Yes, only as a private import. Personally, go for the CL9 wagon for more power, since there is no EuroR wagon available.
5) Yes, only as a private import.

Although I say that you can import it only as a private import, you can also do so for race track use only, but that is less useful since you can't road register it for driving daily on the road.