PDA

View Full Version : is this normal?

1st euro
26-04-2010, 06:09 AM
hi to all euro owners..
i just recently bought a used 2006 std auto euro cl9.. the questions that i want to ask are...
it is normal that the AT down-shift itself when i applied the brake ie i can feel the car doing it..
sorry about the noobish questions, havent driven an auto for a long time..
cheers..

Type R Positive
26-04-2010, 08:46 AM
In sports mode I think so.

euroRwannabe
28-04-2010, 09:23 AM
yeah, semi-auto CL9's and most other honda's the tip-tronic gearing system, when you come to a complete stop, it down shifts by itself to gear 1.

in my opinion, tip-tronic is pretty good, but not as good as the real thing (MT).

you will realise a slight lag (1second) when you change from gear 2 to gear 3 when on 5+ reps.

1st euro
28-04-2010, 10:06 AM
yeah, semi-auto CL9's and most other honda's the tip-tronic gearing system, when you come to a complete stop, it down shifts by itself to gear 1.

in my opinion, tip-tronic is pretty good, but not as good as the real thing (MT).

you will realise a slight lag (1second) when you change from gear 2 to gear 3 when on 5+ reps.

sorry i should have stated that its in auto not sports mode..

iLlusion10
28-04-2010, 10:53 PM
yea it does, the idea is it duplicates manual driving, so when your slowing down it "engine brakes" for you, also the advantage is when you step on the throttle, your "usually" in the right gear. Unlike my sisters getz which doesn't downshift when your slowing down, only when you apply throttle which means you've always got a bit of a lag. Takes a while to get used to, but wouldn't ever go back now

rayd
29-04-2010, 12:47 AM
should of got the 6MT!!!

1st euro
29-04-2010, 05:55 AM
yea it does, the idea is it duplicates manual driving, so when your slowing down it "engine brakes" for you, also the advantage is when you step on the throttle, your "usually" in the right gear. Unlike my sisters getz which doesn't downshift when your slowing down, only when you apply throttle which means you've always got a bit of a lag. Takes a while to get used to, but wouldn't ever go back now

thanks... i thought there was something wrong with the transmission...

1st euro
29-04-2010, 06:01 AM
should of got the 6MT!!!

yeah i thought about buying a manual but been driving a manual for more than 10 years and honestly i was getting bored with the constant of changing gears... cheers....

HunterZero
29-04-2010, 11:55 AM
yeah i thought about buying a manual but been driving a manual for more than 10 years and honestly i was getting bored with the constant of changing gears... cheers....

Aah, the CL9 6MT is such a sweet unit, it would have invigorated your interest in changing your own gears... ;)

- HZ

tony1234
29-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Aah, the CL9 6MT is such a sweet unit, it would have invigorated your interest in changing your own gears... ;)

- HZ

Agreed.The manual gearbox really suits the Euros engine.

djpro1
29-04-2010, 10:08 PM
yep it sure does. i prefer it.. just makes the driving more pleasurable :)

The X Man
30-04-2010, 01:07 AM
Dealers are telling me the manuals are way harder to sell then the auto's. Go figure?

raffyboy
30-04-2010, 09:33 AM
I love manual well Auto is good for me since i work at north sydney and lives around picton area the drive is ridiculous but still love driving my honda

HunterZero
30-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Dealers are telling me the manuals are way harder to sell then the auto's. Go figure?

Yes, because most people who are after a conservative sedan like the Euro drive to work every day in peak hour and want an auto. They're not that interested in driving, they might not even like driving, and just want a car that's easy to drive in traffic. I reckon most Euros were bought new with automatic transmissions, probably over 90%. When I bought my Euro, if I wanted an auto Lux, I would have had to wait 3-4 months to get one. The dealer had a manual one in stock.

But to someone who actually likes driving, the Euro 6MT is bliss.

- HZ