PDA

View Full Version : sway bars

Mugen_Euro
26-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Hey guys just wanted to know your opinions on sway bars? they any good/ worth the price?

mocchi
27-04-2010, 05:11 PM
yeah.

mugen_ctr
28-04-2010, 09:13 PM
ill tell you right now, its worth every penny, jus recently put a stock em1 rear swaybar on my ej8, made hell of a differance

deanos
28-04-2010, 09:42 PM
I went to Wakefield in my old s14s 200sx (stock) and my 'old man took his Toyota Celica (2001) model and these two cars stock with us driving them were neck-and-neck for laps. They had different characteristics overall, like the '200 was SLIGHTLY quicker on the straights, and the celica was SLIGHTLY quicker on the corner exit speed. But overall laptimes were identical

Before going back again, the only thing changed was a swaybar & bushes kit fitted & tuned to the car from Whiteline Suspension.

Put it this way; I was easily able to pull away and keep a faster overall speed through the track for sure the whole day after going back again with nothing else changed with us or the cars.

The beauty of swaybars is that its hard to notice in the eye of the cops that something has changed, but yet you get the benefits of incredibly better handling of your car overall in terms of holding its own when mid cornering, etc & is cheaper than replacing springs/shocks or coilovers (generally depending on brands of course)

Downside is that it wont close those gaps between your guards & your tyres/rims, so you wont get the great appearance comments from your mates after spending a crapload of money on the underside of your ride!

Highly recommend swaybars from my experience.... however i would never change them on a ITR - i personally dont want to change the performance on it at all! Its brilliant already!

Aydin
29-04-2010, 04:17 AM
added a rear ITR swaybar on my eg b18c and i felt great stability at high speeds, before i had it on the rear wouldnt be stable in cornering now its much better and was worth every penny.

as DEANOS said above ^^^ the gaurd and tyre gap doesnt close up and i actually noticed when i put the rear swaybar on it went a tad higher but im not fussed because my motto is Function over Form! id suggest that to be your first mod to suspension side of things...