PDA

View Full Version : MY08 Odyssey radio removal

Abyss
26-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Hi, I've got the MY08 Odyssey luxury with 6 CD changers. I like to know how to remove the trim of the factory radio. I bought a Parrot Bluetooth and need to plug it at the back of the radio. I found a photo below but thought I better ask for the correct steps in case I break the trim. :)

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/45/img0394z.jpg

AusAccord
26-04-2010, 09:02 PM
tbh, i have not taken mine off yet but will soon.... i can look up my own "library" see if i can find any diagram/photos illustrate how to if u are not in rush.... believe the bottom trim is in one piece, holding by two bolts on each side of center console, one bolt hide behind the driver side coin pocket and can't remember where the bolt hide from pax side......

evolution
26-04-2010, 10:01 PM
If you want to get to the back of the radio, I think that is the wrong trim to remove.

I beleive you need to remove the panels to the left and right of the radio itself, take the radio out to get to the back. Removing the bottom will not give you access beacuse of the cig tray and removing the top is alot of work

This is just my guess as my radio was removed installer. I only played around in that area when I installed my aftermarket clock.

Abyss
27-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Silly question. Where exactly is the radio? Is it build in the CD stacker or is it behind the control in the dashboard?

evolution
27-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Actually. I think you may be right, I just unpacked my oem parts and realised that there are more connectors into the CD changer than the control unit, so logically speaking the CD changer should house the radio.... my bad.

I guess you will have to wait for one of the other guys to respond

Atjo
29-04-2010, 09:33 AM
I think that's the correct place as all the cables are behind the CD stacker.

Abyss
29-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Ok thanks. I might tackle it over the weekend

Moeyy
05-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Hey guys new to the forums. Took out my stereo today just to have a squiz around for future stereo upgrade possibilities.

To remove radio i did the following, in no particular order

Open glovebox, push the sides in and you will find the glove box flips out completely
Open ashtray, and on each side there is a screw, unscrew and pull out
Driver Cointray, there is a screw, unscrew and take out screw only
On both left and right side of the bottom console, towards rear, you will see a round clip, remove
Now just start pulling off trim, but dont use too much force as to not break clips, should come off pretty easy

Hope that helps