PDA

View Full Version : Spoon hots up the FN2

fasthonda
26-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Spoon has already modified the FN2 and races it against the FD2.
The FN2 just looks so much better than the FD2 in this clip.
Honda should've made the FN2 as the top performing Type R Civic not a 4 door
dated family sedan.

http://www.youtube.com/v/v9DByxJka84&hl=en_US&fs=1

90LAN
26-04-2010, 09:19 PM
notice how they say the euro FN2 so that answers your last statement
the real type r was released in japan since we know how you feel about the sedan in your last posts

any way its just a promo for his spoon Europe store to sell more products in england aimed at the FN2
you should see how much some off those parts are on that FN2

[daan]
26-04-2010, 09:24 PM
nice video!

god i wish they sold the FD2R here :honda:

Mugen_B16B
26-04-2010, 09:32 PM
hahaha give it up, yeh the spoon was quicker but if it was put up against a spoon fd2r then i dont think it'll have a chance in the world

FDBenni
26-04-2010, 10:09 PM
we already know how you feel about the fn2r and fd2r, but still, you cant deny the facts ..

Mugen_B16B
26-04-2010, 10:27 PM
this guy just never stops lol

curtis265
27-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Cool vid though. I'd still prefer the sedan :P

dny
27-04-2010, 10:45 AM
fn2 looks like a retarded egg. cracked

JohnO
27-04-2010, 04:57 PM
still on about fn2 being better than a jdm fd2... give it a rest mate go pick up the old issue of autosalon 83 i remember seeing a comparison table of all type r's and it seems ep3 158kw and fd2r 165kw stock is better than a fn2r with what 148kw ?

watching the vid made me cracked up big time a spoon fn2r vs a stock fd2??? and it only beats the fd2 by 37seconds.

nabb
27-04-2010, 06:18 PM
too bad we don't get the fd2r's here so, the fn2 does it for me. no point talking the fd2r up although it is a better car, it's not like we can get it or anything :P. although if we were able to get both of em here in oz, i'd go the fd2r's.

burak213
27-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Fn2 r for the win

CB7_OWNER
27-04-2010, 07:02 PM
<3 Keichii's footwork

Mugen_B16B
27-04-2010, 08:17 PM
yeh plus with keichii driving aswell, should of been keichii in the fd2r and the noob in the fn2r

curtis265
27-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Let's invite the Stig to drive both

doma
27-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Gosh the FD2 looks so ugly compared to the FN2.

I don't care which is faster, my money aint going to a civic sedan with a big wing. And the current generation civic sedans are just atrocious.

Antv
27-04-2010, 11:11 PM
I dont like the look of FD2 but i can live with it, however id never own a FN2 cause it looks like a chicks/hairdressers car. And to OP you make alot of threads to defend your poor choice in car/taste. lolz. =]

doma
27-04-2010, 11:23 PM
I hardly call the Spoon FN2 a hairdressers/chicks car. Nor the Mugen FN2. I think Audi TT is a chicks car.

IMO I think the FD2 looks like a family sedan with a big wing. In that video the sedan looks so plain jane.

dny
27-04-2010, 11:33 PM
just like in an orchestra, triangles are the worst instrument! thats why the FN2 is full of them

doma
27-04-2010, 11:35 PM
just like in an orchestra, triangles are the worst instrument! thats why the FN2 is full of them

wtf???

ok then!!!! hahaha

Cavebob
28-04-2010, 02:38 AM
I would take a white fd2r over my white fn2r any day of the week.

I was hanging for the spoon parts, but it seems like all that video really shows is, despite all that effort and money, you really are only just a bit better than a stock fd2r. =( x 10000000000

Cavebob
28-04-2010, 02:39 AM
I would take a white fd2r over my white fn2r any day of the week.

I was hanging for the spoon parts, but it seems like all that video really shows is, despite all that effort and money, you really are only just a bit better than a stock fd2r. =( x 10000000000

Tai
28-04-2010, 07:19 AM
LOL @ All the noobs in this thread.

The driver in the FD2R is no noob driver, his name is Manubu Orido, and drives in alot of race classes like GT500, Touge battles, D1 drift comps etc.

FN2R had to be modified a fair bit to beat the FD2R and if you guys didn't notice it wasn't exactly a smooth car ( crappy rear torsion beam suspension ) to drive even compared to a stock FD2R.

FN2R = ugliest Civic and poorest Type R made to date.

doma
28-04-2010, 11:31 AM
LOL @ noob Tai

Crappy rear torsion beam suspension? Then explain why the Mugen FN2 with torsion beam is faster than Mugen FD2. They're both just as modified.

You've never even driven any of these cars, what makes you an expert? Oh, because you read forum opinions and watch youtube and repeat what every Tom Dick and Harry says like a parrot just to sound cool or sound like you know your stuff?

If you don't like the FN2R, then stfu. I'm not defending it, but I'm sick of loser noobs like you and everyone else here slagging it.

At least we have a Type R. So what if we cant get the FD2R here? Bitching and whining is not going to get you anywhere.

Complaining about how shit it is with its suspension (and we've heard this a billion times) only makes you sound like a noob honda kid. I'm not saying torsion beam is ftw, but ffs come up with something new and constructive.

I know the FD2R is faster than FN2R. But so what? Maybe I should get my mum to complain to Honda Australia and when they finally get their act together, I might be able to ask dad for some money because FD2R is the best Type R ever.

Stig
28-04-2010, 12:34 PM
cmon guys, everyone has different opinions, no need to attack each other, show some honda love

i personally prefer the fd2r over the fn2r but i have to admit, im getting kinda bored of how the fd2r looks, if you see it on the roads its just a average car with a massive wing now

i still love how the dc5's look though

SPEEDCORE
28-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Those Canadians sure know how to build a JDM civic.

ganj3
28-04-2010, 01:18 PM
I agree with doma, at least we get a Type-R. I'm sure like other FN2R drivers that if there was the choice between the FD2R and the FN2R, the majority of us would trade in our FN2Rs for the FD2R but theres no point on dwelling on something that we can't get. One of the reasons why I settled for the FN2R

I personally like the look of the FN2R but its look has been a talking point, either love it or hate it

doma
28-04-2010, 01:31 PM
I don't own either, but I prefer the look of the FN2R.

If the FN2R had same or better performance specs than FD2R, I suspect a lot you fanboys will change your perception.

But then again, I'd rather get the new STI and smoke all you Honda boys.

burak213
28-04-2010, 01:33 PM
I don't own either, but I prefer the look of the FN2R.

If the FN2R had same or better performance specs than FD2R, I suspect a lot you fanboys will change your perception.

But then again, I'd rather get the new STI and smoke all you Honda boys.

yeah too bad you can't afford one.

keep dreaming one day you might. :)

doma
28-04-2010, 01:37 PM
yeah too bad you can't afford one.

keep dreaming one day you might. :)

What a wanker of a reply. Shows how mature you are.

burak213
28-04-2010, 01:41 PM
What a wanker of a reply. Shows how mature you are.

mate i wasn't the one telling everyone that i should go buy a STI and smoke all of us.

if you were that interested in a STI you wouldn't be on a Honda forum.

no need to talk crap like that on OH

doma
28-04-2010, 01:45 PM
mate i wasn't the one telling everyone that i should go buy a STI and smoke all of us.

I said "I'd rather get the new STI"

I didn't tell everyone to "go buy STI and smoke everyone"

I like Honda, especially Type R. But I also like STI.

I'm not a wanker honda fanboi like you. I like all cars.

No need to tell people they can't afford certain cars. No need for that crap on OH.

28-04-2010, 01:49 PM
I said "I'd rather get the new STI"

I didn't tell everyone to "go buy STI and smoke everyone"

I like Honda, especially Type R. But I also like STI.

I'm not a wanker honda fanboi like you. I like all cars.

No need to tell people they can't afford certain cars. No need for that crap on OH.

AHAHAHA....

seriously my evo will kick ur butt!!

Jk's dude

aniway.. did dori dori just clutch kick to get the rev up on corner exit?
Good vids! some oversteer around the corners but the car held up quiet nice though its slightly modified compared to the fd2r

doma
28-04-2010, 01:51 PM
I love Evos too!

Oh wait, I can't afford one and I have to keep dreaming and one day I might?

dny
28-04-2010, 02:05 PM
i dont think it was a clutch kick cause its a FWD, i think he did a handbreak

VTi_b0i
28-04-2010, 02:06 PM
it had no springs? all i saw was shocks? LOL wtf

burak213
28-04-2010, 02:10 PM
aniway.. did dori dori just clutch kick to get the rev up on corner exit?

yes so did the other driver

Antv
28-04-2010, 03:47 PM

+1 to you mate.

28-04-2010, 04:21 PM
it had no springs? all i saw was shocks? LOL wtf

its what is called torsion beam suspension

the springs are attached to the beam not to the shocks.. ;)

go have a look under a jazz and you will understand!

thats why they were saying the FN2R are not a good base for race because of the old style rear susy compared to the FD2R
but they still do it LOL!!

burak213
28-04-2010, 04:33 PM

Because it's cheaper, if you were wondering why

doma
28-04-2010, 04:56 PM
its what is called torsion beam suspension

the springs are attached to the beam not to the shocks.. ;)

go have a look under a jazz and you will understand!

thats why they were saying the FN2R are not a good base for race because of the old style rear susy compared to the FD2R

Really? Torsion beam is not a good base for race because of the old style?

Then explain how Mugen made a torsion beam Type R faster than IRS Type R?

On the Bedford Autodrome West circuit:

Mugen FN - 1:28.6 (ranked 36)
Mugen FD RR - 1:29.30 (ranked 42)
Civic Type R FD2 - 1:31.00 (ranked 48)
Civic Type R FN2 CW with LSD - 1:31.8 (ranked 51)
Civic Type R FN2 no LSD - 1:34.9 (ranked 71)

http://www.fastestlaps.com/track49.html

Torsion beam or not, this just proves that what the Australian FN2 lacked was LSD. With LSD now standard, there is only peanuts between the FN2 and jap FD2.

Philip Lee
28-04-2010, 05:08 PM
iirc that Mugen FN lap was done by a prototype with semi slicks.

Mugen FD was a production car (street tyre ie. RE070).

7/10 faster on semi seems like a poor effort....

doma
28-04-2010, 05:13 PM
iirc that Mugen FN lap was done by a prototype with semi slicks.

Mugen FD was a production car (street tyre ie. RE070).

7/10 faster on semi seems like a poor effort....

But if torsion beam is so shit then surely with production tyres it should beat the prototype car on slicks?

And you're wrong, Mugen FN wasn't raced in slicks.

Don't forget, Type R is FWD. A rear torsion beam has relatively minor effects on the car. As long as the front suspension on the FN2 is well set up it should be able to handle pretty well.

FN2 just needs LSD, which it now does.

Just look at the track times of CW FN2 with LSD against Jap FD2. Both factory stock with LSD on street tyres.

You kids keep jumping on the Jeremy Clarkson bandwagon, you forget the real issue is not about torsion beam rear suspension when the car is actually FWD.

It's just a pity the car weighs a bit more, but that's the price you pay for added luxuries.

doma
28-04-2010, 05:22 PM
CW FN2 with LSD is only 8/10ths a second slower than Jap FD2.

A pretty poor effort for a car that weighs less and produces more hp.

Philip Lee
28-04-2010, 05:32 PM
And you're wrong, Mugen FN wasn't raced in slicks..

here is prove:

The 18in forged alloys are each 5kg lighter than the standard car’s items and are wrapped in trackday-spec Yokohama Neovas.

EVO article here (http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/cargrouptests/241288/mugen_honda_civic_typer_v_championship_white_typer _v_civic_type_r.html)

where/when did i said the time was set with slick??? i said semi slick.

doma
28-04-2010, 05:36 PM
But you still havent answered my question.

Why is FN2 with rear torsion beam and LSD only 8/10 slower than FD2 when FD2 weighs less, produces more hp and has IRS?

Surely if FD2 is king kong it would rape it by at least 2 seconds.

Philip Lee
28-04-2010, 05:42 PM
lol @ your question.

so stock FD has more horse, weight less and better sussy so it's faster than a stock FN. this is fact and there is nothing for me to prove.

when u claimed Mugen FN is faster than Mugen FD, i was merely proving to you that they were not comparing stock car with stock car.

i don't drive a FD2R or a FN2R so i don't care about your argument. my point was only giving you some facts.

doma
28-04-2010, 05:47 PM
lol @ your question.

so stock FD has more horse, weight less and better sussy so it's faster than a stock FN. this is fact and there is nothing for me to prove.

when u claimed Mugen FN is faster than Mugen FD, i was merely proving you that they were not comparing stock car with stock car.

You are the biggest noob as all you do is avoid the fact and give excuses such as semi slick tyres.

Of course they are both not stock. They are both tuned by Mugen.

I was making a point that torsion beam Mugen is faster than IRS Mugen.

Stock vs Stock... FD2R vs FN2R both with LSD... the FD2R is only 8/10ths faster.

A very poor effort.

So in actual fact, FN2R is not as bad as you think. It just needs LSD and shed some weight, and it'll beat FD2R, regardless of the rear suspension.

doma
28-04-2010, 05:50 PM
All you stupid noobs ever say when you see FN2 beat FD2 is that the FN2 is not stock, blah blah blah

You're so quick to dismiss and judge that you ignore pertinent points you are so delusional.

I'm not saying FN2 is faster than FD2, I'm saying, dont be too quick to judge the FN2. It's better than you think it is.

For a car that weighs 100kg more with less hp, the FN2 is only 8/10ths slower than FD2.

Stop ignoring this statistic.

doma
28-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Yeah you drive a EP3R.

Don't get me started with EP3R vs FN2R (both with LSD).

And don't give me that topgear/fifth gear youtube crap. We all know the FN2 didn't have LSD.

And for all you noobs, LSD is now standard on FN2R so it's considered "STOCK"

Philip Lee
28-04-2010, 07:35 PM
You are the biggest noob as all you do is avoid the fact and give excuses such as semi slick tyres.

so you cant argue without calling names.

alright if i'm a noob u're a fxxking idiot. you are happy now huh :wave:

u are the one avoiding facts. so you want to compare a prototype on semi slicks with a factory street car on street tyres?

Of course they are both not stock. They are both tuned by Mugen.u idiot they are complete cars produced by Mugen. Mugen made 300 FD RR and 20 FN to a spec.

I was making a point that torsion beam Mugen is faster than IRS Mugen.

big deal, you need an advantage to win. how about installing NOS and claim victory.

Stock vs Stock... FD2R vs FN2R both with LSD... the FD2R is only 8/10ths faster.

A very poor effort.yup very poor effort consider that the RRP for FN in Japan is more than a FD. you pay more for less performance lol

So in actual fact, FN2R is not as bad as you think. It just needs LSD and shed some weight, and it'll beat FD2R, regardless of the rear suspension.i never said FN is bad. u are the insecured one trying to defend with bullshit.

All you stupid noobs ever say when you see FN2 beat FD2 is that the FN2 is not stock, blah blah blah

You're so quick to dismiss and judge that you ignore pertinent points you are so delusional.

I'm not saying FN2 is faster than FD2, I'm saying, dont be too quick to judge the FN2. It's better than you think it is.you idiot, with your attitude, people are continuing to look down on the FN.

For a car that weighs 100kg more with less hp, the FN2 is only 8/10ths slower than FD2.

Stop ignoring this statistic. your statistic is flawed yet again and the following is prove.

FN2R weights 1345kg (http://civictyper.honda.com.au/range-pricing.aspx#dimensions-weights-capacities).

FD2R weights 1260kg (http://civictyper.honda.com.au/range-pricing.aspx#dimensions-weights-capacities). not exactly 100kg. if you want to call people names, at least get all your facts correct.

and be proud of what FN achieved. if u're happy with your choice, thats the only thing matters.

Philip Lee
28-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Yeah you drive a EP3R.

Don't get me started with EP3R vs FN2R (both with LSD).

And don't give me that topgear/fifth gear youtube crap. We all know the FN2 didn't have LSD.

And for all you noobs, LSD is now standard on FN2R so it's considered "STOCK"

you don't need to start EP3 vs FN2. stop picking fights. i'm happy and secure with my choice. i don't need people to back me up.

and here you go again with your bullshit. the UK spec EP3 never had a LSD. so those topgear/fifth gear crap were comparing apple to apple (both without LSD) u idiot.

dny
28-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Phillip Lee + 1000

blk_shadow
28-04-2010, 08:20 PM
cool it guys....

what you like is what you like. I drive an EP3, most times I've been bullied by driving a Jazz or a minivan and bullied by said its easily eaten by Evos, subarus etc. The point is SO WHAT?!?!?

I'm not afraid to admit I'm a Honda fanatic, I collect most things Honda, most Honda posters in my bedroom's wall, collect most rare Type R or Honda car models, wear Honda polos, jackets, shirts and work at Honda....

FD2R and FN2R are made and designed for 2 different markets even tho there is only one aim. Bad comparison is the worst of anyting, doesn't matter when it comes to cars or person or anything for that matter.

rk 86 wa
28-04-2010, 08:33 PM
All this thread does is make Doma look like a **** hahaha.

If you didnt come across like a ****wit with your fn2r defending then maybe people would take some of your posts seriously.

Reading your replies, the rest of the guys in this thread would have been better off arguing with a toilet. It would still be full of less shit than you are hahaha.

You don't come here and tell people who have had a hell of a lot more of a contribution to this site that they are 'noobs', and then sprout utter bullshit (only to be called out on it and then owned haha)

If you honestly can't figure out the difference between a prototype WITH semi slicks and a factory produced road going car on road tires, then you sir are the noob hahaha.

doma
28-04-2010, 08:41 PM
I own a CRV you noobs

doma
28-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Stock vs Stock

FN2 vs FD2

FD2 is only faster by 8/10th's of a second.

Not a lot between them yet you stupid noobs keep thinking the FD2 is the most hectic Type R of all time.

edit: still no reply from anyone yet all i get is flaming.

I dont own FN2 ---- I DRIVE CRV

doma
28-04-2010, 08:45 PM
EP3 is by far the ugliest Type R ever made.

Looks like a pregnant Jazz.

Mugen_B16B
28-04-2010, 08:52 PM
hey doma, how old r u? u say who wouldnt buy a 4 door sedan with a big wing??hmmm so u wouldnt buy an evo or sti which u state u would? fk u only joined up this month, so much noob knowlegde, everyone give this guy a +1 for being a noobcake

blk_shadow
28-04-2010, 08:56 PM
EP3 is by far the ugliest Type R ever made.

Looks like a pregnant Jazz.

See what I mean??

u are also one of 'THOSE' guys who mock my ride. SO WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

doma
28-04-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm not mocking your ride.

I'm stating my opinion.

It's just coincidence you chose the wrong car.

Mugen_B16B
28-04-2010, 08:59 PM
guys dw bout this guy, he only joined up yesetrday to post shit up and put ppl down, just check out all his posts LOL guess someone cant hack getting banned in there own account hahaahahah

doma
28-04-2010, 09:00 PM
I like Evo and STIs, both with big wings. But I never said I will buy one.

I drive a CRV.

Get your facts straight before you accuse me.

doma
28-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Yeah check my posts. You'll see I've been talking shit about everything on ozhonda.

Again, another dumbass, get your facts straight you noob.

doma
28-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Most of you dumbshits have completely missed the point.

You are too quick to criticize, but that explains it given your level of maturity and narrow mindedness.

At the end of the day, if it aint JDM, its a piece of shit.

blk_shadow
28-04-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm not mocking your ride.

I'm stating my opinion.

It's just coincidence you chose the wrong car.

NO....you're WRONG by stating that I chose the wrong car. you don't know me, how can you say that I do what I did is wrong????

You're the one who is in a WRONG,DOMA. ur opinion is ur own, i don't fault u that. but the fact that u bring me into the picture by saying what I did is wrong, U ARE IN THE WRONG.

doma
28-04-2010, 09:10 PM
NO....you're WRONG by stating that I chose the wrong car. you don't know me, how can you say that I do what I did is wrong????

You're the one who is in a WRONG,DOMA. ur opinion is ur own, i don't fault u that. but the fact that u bring me into the picture by saying what I did is wrong, U ARE IN THE WRONG.

Why so defensive? Jeez relax.

Your car is fully sick ok? God damn.

doma
28-04-2010, 09:14 PM
LOL @ All the noobs in this thread.

The driver in the FD2R is no noob driver, his name is Manubu Orido, and drives in alot of race classes like GT500, Touge battles, D1 drift comps etc.

FN2R had to be modified a fair bit to beat the FD2R and if you guys didn't notice it wasn't exactly a smooth car ( crappy rear torsion beam suspension ) to drive even compared to a stock FD2R.

FN2R = ugliest Civic and poorest Type R made to date.

That would be EP3R = ugliest and poorest

DLO01
28-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Enough.

Closed.