PDA

View Full Version : engine mounts

johnnynugun
27-04-2010, 02:48 PM
hi,

i need the rear engine mount of my dc2 replaced. i was quoted $300 to get it replaced. is this reasonable or do you have recommendations on where i could get it done cheaper?

thanks,
john

anster
27-04-2010, 03:29 PM
you can replace them yourself pretty simple. just make sure you've supported your engine and its just simply go underneath the car bolt off old one and bolt on new one.

mnc
27-04-2010, 04:04 PM
anster makes it sound so easy lols. I suggest you dont take this task on without any experience. To do so "could" result in a lot of damage. 200-300 sounds about right.

Type LS
27-04-2010, 04:55 PM
I am also looking to get the rear engine mount replaced for my dc2. Can anyone recommend any specific brands and where they can be bought? Is it worth while calling up a Honda dealer for them?

Giraffe
27-04-2010, 09:54 PM
hasport engine mounts , forgot the other one.. honda dealer expect to pay high prices..

anster
28-04-2010, 12:37 AM
i've replaced my engine mounts myself. so coming from experience i can say its not a hard job.

Bludger
28-04-2010, 10:53 AM
yeah, not that hard for guys with mechanical aptitude.

most on here are absolutely clueless.

To giraffe for recommending Hasport, and saying expect to pay high with honda...........
is hasport cheap???

to the OP and person asking for replacement mounts, just to a reputable auto shop like repco or autobarn.

they can order in replacement mounts for you. they will do fine.

much cheaper than honda and much, much cheaper than hasport.

johnnynugun
28-04-2010, 11:26 AM
im thinking of possibly doing it myself. from what i've been hearing, taking off the intake manifold would make more space to easily get the mount.
anyone care to give me a rough idea of the steps required to changing the rear engine mount?

DLO01
28-04-2010, 11:45 AM
If you have some mechanical experience then go for it. If your a complete noob, then don't even touch it.

You don't need to remove the Intake Manifold. You prol have to remove the intake arm to access some bolts though. May need to disconnect the exhaust too. Keep in mind that the rear mount is hardest to remove of all because of the confined space you work in and its just in an awkward spot with everthing else around.

Remove all the mount bolts so it is loose and your can wriggle it around in its spot. Then undo the 'A' bracket that attaches the mount to the engine block, this will give you more room to remove the mount. Also for added movement again, you can remove the front torque mounts at the front of car so you can tilt the engine more. Once everything is loose tilt the engine to your needs to remove the mount, I sort of twisted the mount a cirtain way to remove it. You may need the help of a mate to tilt the engine for you, while your underneath removing the mount.

DLO01
28-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Ohh, just found another thread for you:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?115580-Replacing-engine-mounts

johnnynugun
28-04-2010, 01:16 PM
anyone know where i can get the parts from? would you recommend oem or aftermarket ones?

bennjamin
28-04-2010, 02:37 PM
gosh - is $200 incl. parts and labour too much lol ? Good luck doing it yourself :)

BTW go oem parts from a wrecker , or new aftermarket

markismaximus
28-04-2010, 02:52 PM
I replaced a busted mount with an aftermarket part. It was about $50 but the quality was absolute shit in comparison to OEM. Fitment was very average. Given it was the front gearbox mount on my ED it was fine but for something like a rear engine mount I would consider forking out for an OEM part