PDA

View Full Version : 88 prelude Si shuddering when steering left :|

trelf
27-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Hey,
My prelude (which i just bought ^_^) shudders when i turn left corners at speed (i.e. 40km/h +)

I HOPE it either:
Wheel alignment (coz the steering wheel sits WAY off)
Wheel bearings
POSSIBLY suspension...

PLEASE tell me you've had this problem before and its not the 4WS system.....

Healy

SnowWhiteLude
28-04-2010, 01:33 PM
It definately wont be your 4WSteering - EXTREMELY unlikely. Quite possible bearing, also check your tyres aren't directional and point the wrong way, also possibly a drive shaft too. Even something to do with steering may be the cause. I have a very similar situation, but mine is always shuddering randomly at speed at my front left. Mechanic says bearing s are fine, drive shaft is fine, and basically has NFI.

A wheel alignment may improve it but i don't think it would be the cause of something as big as your seemingly experiencing.

trelf
28-04-2010, 09:28 PM
talked to a mechanic and he says that coz the car hasn't really been driven in ages the wheels have started to get flat spots on some parts and might be the cause. also the wheels only just fit in the guards and run every now and then... still....kinda strange

SnowWhiteLude
07-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Sounds a lil implauisible but not impossible. Flat spots on tyres should cause an issue whether you go left right, 10 km/h or 100km/h. Would be checking the driveshaft, and wheel bearings, and possibly supension down your left hand side to be sure. SOunds like maybe he just CBF finding out.

WhiteKight
14-05-2010, 12:34 PM
P/S pump or low fuild is my guest.... though I would have a guest like the other mechanic with looking at the car

3rdGenPrelude
07-06-2010, 03:02 AM
You should check the universal ball joints ^^;, when mine had issues it made a horrible shuddering noise whenever i turned (either way because both of mine were wrecked haha..) but yeah check it out, easy to see aswell :].