PDA

View Full Version : Different spring height

novastorm
28-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Hey guys,

I recently changed my front springs over to a brand new set of Kings Low. After the change over, both the front tyres had a 2 finger gap to the bottom of the guard. However, after about 4 months, the driver's side is still the same, but the passenger side has now dropped to a 1 finger gap.

What could this mean and what can I do? Is it a manufacturer spring problem? Should I take it back to the place where I got it fitted?

Thanks in advance.

Aydin
29-04-2010, 12:58 AM
kingys are known to sag and looks like it sagged on the passnger side due to most of the weight of the engine being there, cant do much about that one but you can always try!!!

markismaximus
29-04-2010, 08:33 AM
they also sag on the passenger side because typically that side of the road has more potholes, drains etc. it does more work than the drivers side.
Look at any car, even stock and usually this will be the case

novastorm
29-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the replies, but there's nothing i can do about it?

But wouldn't the sag only occur after a prolonged period of time and not only after 4 or so months?

I'm sure the manufacturers would've know this and done something about it like make the passenger spring slightly stiffer or something like that?

~Sp33~
29-04-2010, 12:34 PM
They should still be fine after 4 months. Was the car level when you measured it? measure from the center of the hub to the top of the fenders arch to ensure you're getting an accurate measurement.

Aydin
30-04-2010, 09:35 AM
iv used king springs on my old previous rides and believe it or not they sagged after 2 weeks...it started scraping at places it would have scraped when first lowerd...get yourself a nice set of coils and youl be fine with height and damper

DC2-PWR
30-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Yeah mine are also sagged badly, so what is another alternative spring I can buy other than KING springs? Koni? Pedders?

Having SAG'd springs is very lethal because they mess up the turning at speeds like from 60km+, or lower. Hence it looks really odd when one side of the car is lowered and one is higher.

Regards.

Aydin
01-05-2010, 02:55 AM
pedders are pretty good they dont sag that much, well not enough to notice...but coils would be the best bet!

Red_EG4
01-05-2010, 04:13 PM
I thought this would be due to the suspension geometry allowing for the weight of the driver.