PDA

View Full Version : oil change

Nathn
29-04-2010, 06:27 PM
hey guys I just did a oil change with motul 8100. Im just wanting to know how much oil I should have put in my euro? pretty sure it was 4.7ltr's? if I put more then I should of what does that mean? will it cause problems to the engine ect?

where should the oil line be showing on my dip stick? the first or the second hole closest to the end?

cheers guys

Nathn
29-04-2010, 06:36 PM
I ended up cheeking what I had left and it I put in 4.6ltrs.. is that ok?

CB7_OWNER
29-04-2010, 06:40 PM
There is no exact value to put in. If you changed your oil filter.. then you add a little more, if you didnt, then you dont.. I would start from 4.5-4.6l normally. and turn the engine on. engine off. check dipstick for level.. and add if required. Should never add the "maximum amount straight off".. u can always top up if you put to little.. but if you put to much, you goner have to open the sump plug again to take some out.

What reading are you getting atm for the dipstick? if its like way over the max mark.. then prolly drain a little out.

Nathn
29-04-2010, 06:47 PM
im reading just around about the 3/4 mark in between the 2 holes.. a bit closer to the 2nd hole actually.

CB7_OWNER
29-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Thats perfectly fine.

At work i normally fill the oil up right up to the 2nd hole.... But your level at the moment is fine...... When the car is warmed up.. check the dip stick again.. and it probably would just hit the top mark.. which is fine...Anywhere above the half way mark between the two holes is fine..

duzy
20-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Hey all, i've changed my oil and oil filter for euro, poured in the whole 5 litres but it doesnt show on the dip stick, only slightly like 4mm

Drained the oil, replaced the sump bolt, changed the oil filter and replaced with a new one. started to fill it, poured in 4.4l as service book said, it didnt show up on the dip stick, started motor and all was ok, oil indicator didnt show up

But now poured in the whole 5l lol and still didnt show up on the dip stick, we waited for awhile until engine was cold, oil settled etc.
I need some help

Thanks

Dogchaser
13-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Just out of interest.....
Any news on the prob with the oil ?:o

kural7
13-10-2010, 04:29 PM
i took my car to a mechanics called ABS in epping..( too bad if i wasn't meant to name them) i asked him if i could have the left over oil from the service for top ups.. they told me it consumed the whole lot. since the filter was changed im guessing that might have played a slight roll in the increase from 4.7l to 5.0l especially if there was 100ml left at the bottom of the bottle or on the edges of the cone etc..

felixd
13-10-2010, 05:55 PM
why giving honda euro such an expensive oil ? they dont need motul 8100 just regular ones from honda r just fine lol