PDA

View Full Version : Supplementary Service for FD

Reclus
30-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Hey I was reading my log book and it states that if we have a lot of start and stop driving, we'll need to do supplementary service in every 5000km. I do face traffic jams everyday to and from work, so does that count?

And is it necessary (or better) to get a new oil filter everytime when we change ur engine oil?

aaronng
30-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Hey I was reading my log book and it states that if we have a lot of start and stop driving, we'll need to do supplementary service in every 5000km. I do face traffic jams everyday to and from work, so does that count?
You shouldn't need the supplementary service for traffic jams. It is more for people who drive only 5 minutes everyday where the oil does not get the chance to warm up and as a result builds up with some water vapour from the combustion process.

And is it necessary (or better) to get a new oil filter everytime when we change ur engine oil?
Yes, it is recommended that the oil filter is replaced with every oil change.

buddah51au
02-05-2010, 06:58 AM
I would recommend oil change & filter every 5000km as what the log book

Reclus
05-05-2010, 01:40 AM
so is it good to change oil in every 5000km as I 'start and stop' quite freqently everyday from and to work?

buddah51au
05-05-2010, 05:29 AM
Unless you use Synthetic oil I would change oil & filter every 5000km, with a good Synthetic oil like Mobil 1 you can go 10,000km between oil changes

aaronng
05-05-2010, 10:32 AM
so is it good to change oil in every 5000km as I 'start and stop' quite freqently everyday from and to work?
What oil are you using? If you are using a mineral oil like Magnatec or Honda oem oil, then yes you can do it every 5000km if you want to. I was finding that the engine was getting rough after 7000km when I was using Magnatec. With Castrol Edge 5w-30, I find that I can go the whole 10,000km between services without getting rough.

Reclus
05-05-2010, 02:29 PM
yes and the problem is i did mine at the dealer so far
and i there's no way that i'll hand them the Castrol oil...
so i guess i'm stuck with OEM

and i have the same feeling that it gets clumsy when it reaches 7000km..
don't know how should i schedule my service now

should i do 5000km in mechanics and them 10k at dealer?
or just go 10k with mechanics?

amuson
06-05-2010, 03:08 AM

thats wat i do... 5k at mech and 10k at honda if ur cars stilll under warranty

aaronng
06-05-2010, 08:40 AM

Which dealer are you using? For some of my services, I got them to use my oil and to return me the unused oil. They didn't just take my oil and still put in the magnatec that they had. You need to tell them that you are bringing your own oil when you call to book the service.