PDA

View Full Version : How effective is the Honda Accord Euro CU2 foglights and how much to fit in

praja6
02-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Hi Guys,

Today in the morning i took a drive to Richmond area in Sydney to visit my friend around 7am and the fog was very high and i was driving slowly. I barely see 100meters ahead and was driving in reasonable speed with just my head light turn on. As my Euro is 2010 built auto base model didn't come with fog lights and when i purchase i didn't give priority for foglights as fogs are not as worst here in Australia compare with few European Countries, otherwise i could have bargain my car with foglights as well.

Now my question is you guys with Euro luxuary model or base model fog light fitted, have you guys used the fog lights in this fog condition? How effective is that? If i want to fit in from Honda how much does it cost to fit in..I know after you purchase the car and fit the accessories they ask the normal recommended price..

Thanks

Type R Positive
03-05-2010, 12:21 PM
pm me your email Raj, and i'll give you the accessory price list.

Type R Positive
03-05-2010, 12:22 PM
you won't see 100m down the road in fog, no matter what fog lights you have.

aaronng
03-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Foglights are there so that you don't create glare towards the oncoming traffic and blind them. By having the foglights low to the ground, the glare is at ground level, and also lights up the ground directly infront of you a bit better. It does not extend your range of vision by that much.

tony1234
03-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Waste of time and money IMO.Spend your hard earned money on another mod that'll give you more enjoyment

SpeedBird
04-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Waste of time and money IMO.Spend your hard earned money on another mod that'll give you more enjoyment

Spot on, you can count the number of times a year on your hand that sydney has fog on the ground.

chris41
17-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Consider them driving lights rather than fog lights.
They are effective I found for adding extra light to the road edges at night during 'spirited' driving.

HunterZero
17-05-2010, 04:36 PM
They are effective I found for adding extra light to the road edges at night during 'spirited' driving.

Except, bear in mind that it's illegal to use foglights in clear conditions...

- HZ

Type R Positive
17-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Except, bear in mind that it's illegal to use foglights in clear conditions...

- HZyet every second car does.......
shits me.

natnat
18-05-2010, 05:38 PM
get a pair of PIAA plasma yellow http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-H11.html

androo
18-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Yep you beat me to it - I know it doesn't project AS far as normal bulbs, the yellow bulbs are great in the rain - I'm not sure how they are in heavy fog though.

Euro_Matt
20-05-2010, 11:46 AM

Thats exactly what I use mine for, especially on those country roads. Gives a lot wider angle of view.

natnat
20-05-2010, 12:55 PM
what i usually do is to turn on high beam + low beam Hid + fog lights on country road / national park road driving. it turns the night to daylight :)