PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying a Civic

mute
16-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Hi guys, my first post here :)

I currently have an EF Fairmont, but its too big and bulky, uses a shitload of fuel (17L/100k), so I have decided to sell it and buy something smaller. Mum has offered me her 1994 Impreza GX for $8k, but it's an auto, and pretty slow.

Currently looking at the EG (i think) Civic sedan, but just have a few questions.

I want the VTI because it came with the VTEC engine correct? 1.6L?
What other standard options does the VTI have over the GL? Must have power windows, mirros, steering, etc.

I may also be interested in getting an Accord VTI, but they seem more expensive. I'll probably be spending about $9,000. What other cars do you guys recommend?

Only mods i will be doing is wheels, and lowering a little (and maybe intake).

Thanks
-Nick

mute
16-12-2004, 02:08 PM
Not interested in buying yet - still have to sell the Fairmont.

Even if i did have the cash, I want a VTI, but thanks anyway.

jords
16-12-2004, 02:23 PM
The EG Vti comes standard with all power options, sunroof, and rear sway bar. Check out the civic specs dude.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2

mute
16-12-2004, 02:34 PM
Cheers thanks for the link, i didn't see it up there :)

Looks like I'll be looking at getting an EG Civic VTI sedan

skoota
16-12-2004, 03:09 PM
I'd get an Si hatch if you could find one cos they're DOHC whereas VTi's do come with VTEC but are only SOHC. Plus Si's sound cooler than VTi's:D

LVNIT
16-12-2004, 05:58 PM
I have a Civic Sedan SI.

They are a great car, nice range of features and go alright for a 1.6 ;)

izzy
16-12-2004, 07:53 PM
civics are shit, i own one, its a POS useless thing. dont botehr with them get a integra or a prelude even go for the new corolla

sivic
16-12-2004, 09:11 PM
new corolla pfft...
so over rated.
Vti sedan will flog it.
Maybe you need to step up from a CXi to a better civic. (no offence to all those CXi drivers :) )
note he is on a 9k budget. pretty average tegs and preludes for that price

mytoycivic
16-12-2004, 11:22 PM
i would go the Si as well... civics are not shit! ur shopping cart may be but hey what do you expect with SOHC non-vtec. :P fine for rice!!

Si prob less for insurance and fuel if you are also looking for economy :)

geo41e
17-12-2004, 12:14 AM
lol "izzy",

only reason y u say they are crap is coz u've gotta single cam, non vtec, auto, heavy ek... thats why..too heavy for that engine (imo)

for that price range, getta EG vti, or Si....if u want the sunroof and airbags..go the vti..
if u wanna go harder....go for the si...but yeah...

l'd say..save ur money for bout half a year..and getta EK4, a.k.a Civic Vti-R hatch.
u've got the lloks, sunroof, bags and the engine, DOHC VTEC.

luzinit
17-12-2004, 10:04 AM
heh, poor izzy with jdm cxi, might be better if you say why you think the civic is crap, and by looking at tegs and ludes, what benefits will there be over the crappy civic? and a new corolla for 9k?

most of the other boys have already stated that the dohc is a better performer than the sohc vtec vti, but if performance isnt your main priority, the vti is newer, has standard sunroof, and airbags, so in that regard, it might be a better car for u.

otherwise if you could stretch your budget to about 13k, you'll be able to pick up a 96 model civic vtir, the top of the range EK hatch.