PDA

View Full Version : CTR Endlinks Issue

ceeazian
02-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Hi guys.

i was going all well installing my rear sway and ASR setup up until i was trying to connect the endlinks to the sway bar?

i've seen and read so many DIYs and apparently you torque the top endlink bolt to 22lb/ft before mounting it against the ASR brace? i cldnt keep hold of the brace to torque these down?

so i just finger tightened it until i got to the lowering of the car stage to torque down the whole setup. i managed to torque everything down except for... the top endlink bolt and the lower endlink bolt didnt tighten at all against the LCA? the bolt was turning? but was not tightening?

Sorry for the long post guys but any help would be appreciated! i obviously dont want to drive the car prior to getting this solved!
:(

Killa From Manila
02-05-2010, 10:34 PM
u need an alley key to hold the thread still while u tighten the nut onto the endlink, i think its a 5mm that u need. u dont need to do it before anything goes on the car, u can just mount the brace and swaybar already and do the endlinks last, the easiest way would be to mount the endlink to the swaybar 1st, then line the bottom of the endlink to the lca by either jacking up the lca or lowering the car to the ground. and u dont need to bother with torque settings for the endlinks, just do it up tight but i do recommend using nyloc nuts so they dont fall off.

ceeazian
02-05-2010, 11:16 PM
selamat brother! will let you know how i go :)

ekfour97
04-05-2010, 05:11 PM
so howd u go ? mine should be delivered in a few days . keen to hear more

ceeazian
04-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Yeh it was all pretty straight forward. I actually wondered y there was an Allen key head shape on the endlink thread but pretty obvious why now. My car isn't dumped but quite low and I did find it hard to torque everything from under the car. I'm still actually quite reluctant to drive my car thinking i hvent done something right lol

I'd probably suggest if you hve an axle back muffler to remove it as it does get in the way abit. I'm now having clearance issues with the sway bar and my fujitsubo muffler :s Id prefer not to modify but well c how it holds up.

Killa From Manila
04-05-2010, 06:54 PM
where abouts is it hitting? u might have the swaybar upside down

ceeazian
04-05-2010, 07:13 PM
I've read this thread on the install
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?106684-ASR-Sub-Frame-Reinforcement-Brace-Install-on-EK

it looks like post 3. I'm pretty sure I've got it the right way. On page 3 there are comments on how the sway bar on kriZy car was upside down and mine doesn't look like that ? It hits on the loop downwards from the Fuji Rm01 muffler just over the lca. :s